Author Topic: Keep the faith: Hardwick (RFC site)  (Read 3418 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Keep the faith: Hardwick (RFC site)
« on: April 10, 2010, 11:47:46 PM »
Keep the faith: Hardwick
richmondfc.com.au
By Mike Rogers 11:24 PM Sat 10 April, 2010

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has urged Tigers fans to keep the faith after his side's third successive heavy loss in 2010.

The winless Tigers were roundly thumped by the Swans in the first half, conceding 10 goals and booting just one of their own.

But they regrouped at half time and rallied to almost break even with the home side in the second half, eventually losing by 55 points.

"There's obviously some work for us to do … we've got a young developing forward line and we always knew that was going to be our achilles heel somewhat this year," Hardwick said.

"The positive for us is that we got the ball inside 50 a lot more and we've just got to make sure we can manufacture some shots from here on in."

Jack Riewoldt was one of Richmond's second-half success stories, presenting tirelessly and finishing with three goals for his efforts.

Hardwick said the Tigers' forward line would remain a work in progress until young key forwards such as Ben Griffiths and David Astbury could step up to senior level.

"We've just got to wait until those boys are ready," he said.

"When they come in, then Jack and Mitch will play their normal roles, probably as a third and fourth forward, because at the moment we're probably asking them to play outside their weight division."

Despite Hardwick's positive post-game demeanour, he said club insiders were thoroughly aware of the improvement required to compete consistently at senior level.

"The guys have made some really good inroads and tonight was another step forward," he said.

"Every time we go out there, we learn something about this group and how they play. We're under no illusions as to how far we are back and we know we've got a long way to go."

Richmond faces Melbourne at the MCG in round four and Hardwick batted away suggestions that it would be his side's best chance for a win in several weeks.

"Next week, people will build it up however they want but for us, it's another chance for our players to learn and implement the game plan and the structures we're after," he said.

In injury news, Relton Roberts will be assessed this week after being concussed in the final term.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/92060/default.aspx

jackstar is back again

Re: Keep the faith: Hardwick (RFC site)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 11:51:00 PM »
Yep keep the faith.
9, 7 and 7 goals in the first 3 weeks, yep , keep the faith ::)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 02:09:52 AM »
Yep keep the faith.

Seriously Jack... you have lost the plot.

Most of us accept that its going to get worse before it gets better.......except you.You seem to expect unrealistic miracles(like beating the Bulldogs)
Small baby steps is all we can expect in  2010.

Unleash the tornado

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 04:19:36 AM »
Poor starman, another victim of the tigeryears! Can just picture him in the padded cell
right now curled up in the fetal position "Damian Wallace"  :banghead "Terry Hardwick" 
:banghead MOMEY HELP ME  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
All patience and no goals makes Jack a dull boy  :banghead
It's hard man but let's get to the Dees game and keep searching for that gold, I have no expectations any game this year apart from baby steps, we could have kept our "experience" but where would that have got us 3 years from now.

Catch me if I fall
I'm losing hold
I can't just carry on this way
And every time
I turn away
Lose another blind game
The idea of perfection holds me
Suddenly I see you change
Everything at once
The same
But the mountain never moves

Rape me like a child
Christened in blood
Painted like an unknown saint
There's nothing left but hope
Your voice is dead
And old
And always empty
Trust in me through closing years
Perfect moments wait
If only we could stay
Please
Say the right words
Or cry like the stone white clown
And stand forever
Lost forever in a happy crowd

No one lifts their hands
No one lifts their eyes
Justified with empty words
The party just gets better and better

I went away alone
With nothing left
But faith

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:36:33 AM by CUB »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 05:10:46 AM »
Here's the video of Hardwick's aftermatch press conference....

http://www.afl.com.au/Video/tabid/76/videoid/53047/rd3+press+conference+rich/Default.aspx

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »
I have severe reservations about the young developing forward line

Riewoldt misses to many shots at goal
Post needs to get his mind on the job- showing some bad signs, dropping marks, letting footys run between his legs etc etc.
Roberts doesnt chase hard enough in the forward line and at times yesterday wasnt interested in the defensive chase in our forward line.

The big issues however are the key posts with Riewoldt and Post ... IMHO neither should feel that they are guaranteed starters. Bring on Griffiths, Astbury and maybe Dae instead.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 10:32:09 AM »

Post needs to get his mind on the job- showing some bad signs, dropping marks, letting footys run between his legs etc etc.
Roberts doesnt chase hard enough in the forward line and at times yesterday wasnt interested in the defensive chase in our forward line.

The big issues however are the key posts with Riewoldt and Post ... IMHO neither should feel that they are guaranteed starters. Bring on Griffiths, Astbury and maybe Dae instead.

100% correct.
Post has turned into a Rock Star over night, think things come easy, it seems, REALITY CHECK IS AROUND THE CORNER ;)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 10:34:26 AM »
Yep keep the faith.

Agree, this is pathetic, at least with Wallace we kicked more goals. Honestly what the hell is going on with the lack of goals.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ramps

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »

100% correct.
Post has turned into a Rock Star over night, think things come easy, it seems, REALITY CHECK IS AROUND THE CORNER ;)

Hardwick should start stripping the paint of the walls with some of the stuff thats happening. In all seriousness how can an AFL player drop easy marks like Post and get to the point where he's letting the footy run between his legs FFS!

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 10:36:48 AM »
Yep keep the faith.

Agree, this is pathetic, at least with Wallace we kicked more goals. Honestly what the hell is going on with the lack of goals.

Riewoldt and 1 or 2 others are missing easy shots at goal, nothing Hardwick can do if the players cant kick straight! I counted at least 5 shots that any decent team would have kicked that our blokes turned into behinds.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 10:39:04 AM »
[quote author=one-eyed link=topic=10933.msg181858#msg181858 date=1270907266Hardwick said the Tigers' forward line would remain a work in progress until young key forwards such as Ben Griffiths and David Astbury could step up to senior level.

"We've just got to wait until those boys are ready," he said.

"When they come in, then Jack and Mitch will play their normal roles, probably as a third and fourth forward, because at the moment we're probably asking them to play outside their weight division."[/quote]

Like it or lump it this is the situation we have been left in by our recruiters, it is not our current coaches fault we are not kicking many goals

Ramps

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »
We need to recruit another young forward with our first pick in the national draft. More options you have the better off we will be.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »
Yep keep the faith.

Riewoldt and 1 or 2 others are missing easy shots at goal, nothing Hardwick can do if the players cant kick straight! I counted at least 5 shots that any decent team would have kicked that our blokes turned into behinds.

No thats right nothing Hardwick can do but apparently Wallace was to blame for our lack of skill level last year not the players. So is Hardwick developing the players any better........ doesn't look like it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ramps

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 10:46:49 AM »
Yep keep the faith.

No thats right nothing Hardwick can do but apparently Wallace was to blame for our lack of skill level last year not the players. So is Hardwick developing the players any better........ doesn't look like it.

Wallace had 5 years with experienced players. Hardwicks had 3 weeks and has only Cousins thats any good for experience. If you dont get that then theres nothing more that we can add.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 10:50:37 AM »
the only reson we kicked goals under wallace is becuase we had Richo and Brown to relive the pressure of reiwoldt and morton and with out Batman and boy wonder other teams are going to be like Tigers who?

i do like seeing Nason having a crack i might add  :thumbsup