Author Topic: Malthouse calls Milne as a F****** Rapist.  (Read 1491 times)

Ox

Malthouse calls Milne as a F****** Rapist.
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:30:42 AM »
The truth always comes out - Thanks Mick  :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I imagine this isn't breaking forum laws as it is an official media report.

UPDATE 7.10am: ST Kilda will not make an official complaint after Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse apologised for his extraordinary "rapist" spray aimed at St Kilda star Stephen Milne.

After a day of tense negotiations, Collingwood sent a Malthouse apology to St Kilda in a bid to broker peace before the Saints lodged a formal complaint with the AFL.

In response, St Kilda issued a statement that it will not make an official complaint about Malthouse's behaviour.

The club also acknowledged that Milne helped to provoke Friday night's ugly incident by calling Malthouse old and wrongly accusing assistant coach Paul Licuria of being homosexual.

"Stephen Milne accepts the apology that has been made by Mick Malthouse and acknowledges that his comments to an opposition coach were inappropriate." the statement read.

"As far as the St Kilda Football Club is concerned the matter is now over and no further comment will be made."

Malthouse regrets the quarter-time verbal spray, especially given his status in the game.

The relationship between the teams has sunk to a new low. Saints stars publicly lashed Malthouse over the weekend.

Malthouse last night said he deeply regretted the fiery quarter-time outburst in which he referred to Milne as a "f---ing rapist".

The Collingwood Football Club last night tried to clarify issues arising out of the quarter-time break during Friday night's match against St Kilda.

In a statement, Collingwood said a number of St Kilda players came in close proximity to the Magpies huddle at the quarter-time break, causing an "exchange between several players and club officials."

The club said Malthouse went over to tell his players to remove themselves from the incident, during which time there was "an exchange of unnecessary comments by both Malthouse and Stephen Milne".

Last night Malthouse said: "It was only after the match that I reflected fully on the events and my actions at quarter time.

"I apologise to Stephen Milne for comments I made in the heat of the moment, which were wrong and I retract them. I accept that after 27 years as a coach I should know better than to respond to incidents like this."

Collingwood said as Milne acknowledged his comments to Mick Malthouse were inappropriate, the Magpies would not be taking action through the AFL regarding his conduct.

Critics had yesterday demanded a full AFL investigation, regardless of any deal between the clubs.

Former St Kilda player Aussie Jones said the Saints would take it "as far as they possibly could".

"Milney is ropeable ... how he was treated on Friday night was an absolute disgrace," Jones said. "To me, it's one of the most unprofessional signs I've seen from a coach in the time I've been calling footy."

AFL Players' Union chief Matt Finnis also demanded action.

Malthouse's furious comments during Friday's game at Etihad was a reference to a 2004 scandal in which Milne and fellow Saints player Leigh Montagna were the subject of a police investigation.

They were never charged.

The mid-game war-of-words also sparked furious online debate with social website users trading blows over who was to blame. It couldn't have come at a worse time for the AFL, which this week is preparing to launch an inclusion and diversity program with the backing of numerous high profile players.

AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said St Kilda had indicated it would make a formal complaint but he would not say if the league would launch a review regardless.

FNM

Re: Malthouse calls Milne as a F****** Rapist.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:34:32 AM »
Not hearing much sympathy for Milne over Mick's statement  :shh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 01:51:29 PM »
havnt the AFL outlawed comments about people sexuality?
Yet milne only acknowledges he called lecuriua a sissy, not apologised?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:35:23 PM »
Malthouse might get fined for definition of character :lol

Ox

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 06:42:15 PM »
LOFL :lol

Ox

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 06:44:37 PM »
FWIW,Silver Gun Stevie should address the situation publicly once and for all and
put to bed those nasty rumors that the club has paid to keep from circulating :pray

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
"put to bed" how unintentionally apt ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 11:26:47 PM »
Will the Pies suspend Malthouse for the season for telling fibs in a press conference embarrassing the captain who publicly backed his word :whistle. They should if they are consistent  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd