Author Topic: Not so long ago.....  (Read 2762 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Not so long ago.....
« on: April 12, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »
RD 3 LADDER

Melb   3 0 12
North  3 0 12
WCE   3 0 12
ADE    2 1  8
SYD    2 1  8
RICH   2 1  8
FREO  1 2   4 
BRIS   1 2   4
W.B    1 2   4
GEEL   1 2   4
COLL   1 2   4
ST.K   1 2   4
CARL   1 2   4
ESS     1 2   4
PORT   1 2   4
HAW   0 3   0

50 games later.......Hawthorn was equal 2nd on the ladder (rd 10 2007)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 01:49:59 PM by mat073 »
Unleash the tornado

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Not so long ago.....
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »
How many games did the Dawks win in 2005?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

TigerTimeII

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 02:09:18 PM »
ppl have short memories

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 02:24:07 PM »
no-one cares. its history. does not mean we will follow them
How many Grand Finals has Hawthorn been in since 1980
How many rebuilds have they had & how many flags in that time
Dont put clubs down like Hawthorn cause they come out on top of us in the last 50 years
we failed to maintain KPP to build around & failed to develope when we were a power
Now we are suffering cause people forgot to remember what it took to get to the top & stay there as a power
People lined thier pockets & bled the club. We kept the greedy when we should have stood firm.
We brought players instead of breeding Tigers. That was our biggest mistake letting outsiders in. Richmond will never be the same unless we breed our own new Tigers & close the door on outsiders

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 02:28:32 PM »

I believe it was 5 Wayne
Unleash the tornado

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 03:04:49 PM »
Dont put clubs down like Hawthorn cause they come out on top of us in the last 50 years
Not making any excuses for our failures, however the Hawks won those flags in the 80s due to the recruiting zones the VFL implemented. At the time they were put in place they were meant to be rotated regularly to balance out across all clubs, but it never happened. We got screwed due to this, as did quite a few clubs.

tony_montana

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 03:15:12 PM »
not so long ago we were last - and longer ago we were last again -  on multiple occassions even. You cannot compare us to any other club saying we have short memories bc every other club has shown some sort of capacity to turn it around over the past 20 years - we haven't

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »

I believe it was 5 Wayne

They got priority picks didn't they.

Then they change it to 4 and half wins or less, then they change it to 2 consecutive years of 4 and a half wins or less, now they get rid of it.

We haven't been very good at being bad!!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »
not so long ago we were last - and longer ago we were last again -  on multiple occassions even. You cannot compare us to any other club saying we have short memories bc every other club has shown some sort of capacity to turn it around over the past 20 years - we haven't

yeah but TM, in fairness don't blame those currently in charge for the failings of their predessors...give them their dues to deliver on their plan before throwing them in with one collective broadside ???
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 04:34:53 PM »

yeah but TM, in fairness don't blame those currently in charge for the failings of their predessors...give them their dues to deliver on their plan before throwing them in with one collective broadside ???

I don't blame them all, but the ones that have been there for several years (and there are a fair few of them) shouldn't be shed of responsibility just like B.Gale has mentioned a few times already. They'll get their chance to deliver no probs there, but until i see proof they won't b getting any pats on the back from me thats for sure. I've seen this sort of talk many times over the past few decades, means eff all to me these days

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 06:32:39 PM »
Not making any excuses for our failures, however the Hawks won those flags in the 80s due to the recruiting zones the VFL implemented. At the time they were put in place they were meant to be rotated regularly to balance out across all clubs, but it never happened. We got screwed due to this, as did quite a few clubs.

Thats just plain crap what you wrote there
The Hawthorn zone is my local & the local area supplied to all clubs including several Brownlow medalist to several clubs
List would take me a year to complete so not going to start but you be very surprised
The Gippsland Leagues are still one of the biggest producers for all league teams  ;D pretty good for country footy

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 07:13:42 PM »
The Hawthorn zone is my local & the local area supplied to all clubs including several Brownlow medalist to several clubs
List would take me a year to complete so not going to start but you be very surprised
The Gippsland Leagues are still one of the biggest producers for all league teams  ;D pretty good for country footy
It's not crap at all, check your history

In fact I'll even do the work for you and tell you where to read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_zone

jackstar is back again

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 07:21:52 PM »
It's not crap at all, check your history

Hey Infamy, grow a brain and change your caption below

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »
Hey, you said it, not me
I think it's the best thing you've ever said, so it should be celebrated

jackstar is back again

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »