Author Topic: Craig Cameron on SEN this morning  (Read 2362 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Craig Cameron on SEN this morning
« on: April 13, 2010, 06:42:55 AM »
Matt Granland (sp?) just said Craig Cameron is coming up later on SEN's Morning Glory with Tim Watson and Andrew Gaze. So guessing sometime around 8am - 9am.

If anyone can listen in and give us a brief summary of what Cameron says it will be much appreciated  :).

jackstar is back again

Re: Craig Cameron on SEN this morning
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 06:46:32 AM »
Heard enough of Cameron last year during the Wallace events,
If he is going to tell the truth.
 ::)
He is half the problem at Punt Rd

TigerTimeII

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:58:15 AM »
cameron said that rfc had to make a stand as we have 14 new players and want this club to have the right culture and what happened in sydney was not acceptable

connors was the only one who was drunk and actually fell over and hit his head on the toilet, could have been worse

cousins was involved in a scuffle trying to restrain an out of control connors but isnt sure whether punches were thrown or not

polo mguane and cousins were not drinking were not drinking but were punished because they could have handled the situation differently and by punishing them it sets an example that sitting back letting a team mate get out of control is not acceptable.

connors has admitted he has a problem with alcohol and will now be treated 4 that

CC spoke quite well

TigerTimeII

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 09:03:23 AM »
CC also said that cuz has been a positive influence on the boys and is a required player
he also stressed that cuz had not ben drinking and his punishment is only bec he could have acted and reacted differently with the other 2 in preventing this incident

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:15:17 AM »
tis bloody harsh penalty on those that tried to assist yet failed, draconian to a point, I spose need to be cruel to be kind when leading a large group of men, but sheesh there are a range of penalties that could have been administered..$$$$, or extra shifts on the promotional work
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

TigerTimeII

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 09:19:44 AM »
i have said this from the  start, the rfc gotthis all wrong and cracked under the [pressure from the media to look tough

connors should have got 2 weeks thats it, sugar did worse and got 2 weeks

polo and mguane should have got 1 week for missing recovery

cuz should have got off free, he did nothing wrong but they could not be seen favouring him oh no

idiots

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 09:27:38 AM »
i have said this from the  start, the rfc gotthis all wrong and cracked under the [pressure from the media to look tough

cuz should have got off free, he did nothing wrong but they could not be seen favouring him oh no

idiots

not sure 2w would have been enough given he has priors for being an idiot...4 - 6 would have been right

TigerTimeII

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 09:30:57 AM »

idiots

not sure 2w would have been enough given he has priors for being an idiot...4 - 6 would have been right

what priors has he had, r u aware of any priors, i have not heard anything about priors til now

this is a dramatic overreaction purely bec they were under media presure to show that we r strong, but instead it shows we are weak

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 09:47:38 AM »

idiots

what priors has he had, r u aware of any priors, i have not heard anything about priors til now

this is a dramatic overreaction purely bec they were under media presure to show that we r strong, but instead it shows we are weak

alot of incidents remain in house X, reportedly he was behaving like a pork chop at the B&F after a skinful and there are rumours abounding of stoushes elsewhere...

Let's just say if half of it were true then YES he has priors ::)

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »

idiots

:clapping :clapping Spot on.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 11:30:59 AM »
I have no great opinion on Connor's 8 weeks, suffice to say that if he has significant history then he probably got what he deserved - an in-your-face rude, last chance, wake-up call.

I do however, have a strong opinion on the other 3.  This is a team game where premierships are won by teams of players that will bleed for each other - we at Richmond have a long (now) history of not doing that.  Cousins, McGuane and Polo let their team mate down badly by letting him get to that state or position in the first place.  It's not about Connors being an adult and responsible for his own actions - this is about 'having your team mate's back'.  They were in a team hotel on a team trip after playing a match as a team and they let their team mate get in that state, most likely suspecting how it would all end up given his history.  The fact they tried to stop it - all too little, all too late - just condemns them more.  It doesn't even matter if they like Connors or not, thought he was funny, stupid, whatever.  They would have seen the transition from control to lack of control over the period of drinking and chose to do nothing to protect their team mate from himself until the damage was done -  a Freudian indicator of how this group of players has not yet learned the meaning, method, or manner of "team".  So I have no problem with the suspensions handed down to these 3 and I hope and pray that Hardwick rams the message down the lists' collective throats over the next few days, weeks and months.  Until all 48 players wearing the yellow and black are prepared to bleed for each other we cannot hope to succeed.

Offline go temps go 14

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 12:14:16 PM »
Hi all, is it possible that all of this crap that's around our club will somehow have a unifying effect on not only the club but the supporters to just push us all in the one direction and shove it all up the afl, the media,...the knockers in general? I'm no expert(just luv our club) but I just can't help thinking that all of these groups are worried that we may be building towards something(even if it's a season or 2 away).I don't know, just my thoughts. Cheers ???

TigerTimeII

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 12:30:51 PM »
hurely atthe bomber gets 4 weeks for getting drunk and bashing a taxi driver

connors gets 8 weeks for just getting drunk

if its true that he has been known to have a problem then the club is also at fault for not doing enough to help him so this didnt repeat if it is true that at the b and f he played up

connors has been treated as a scapegoat , cuz shafted

the other 2 missed recovery so they deserve 1 week

connors shoul dhave been looked after and treated before this happened if they knew he had a problem

once again rfc stuffing up

peterson will be a gun atthe hawks , rfc should have persisted and helped him rather than stuff him off

Tigermonk

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 12:42:10 PM »
Heard enough of Cameron last year during the Wallace events,
If he is going to tell the truth.
 ::)
He is half the problem at Punt Rd

you forgot Marchfly as well  :thumbsup  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 12:47:03 PM »

idiots

mate it was Sugar's birthday, his only taking a pee cause he had no keys  ;D
Conners is a loose cannon. His lucky Ben didnot go to town on him for what he said  :thumbsup