Author Topic: Craig Cameron on SEN this morning  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Craig Cameron on SEN this morning
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 12:50:31 PM »
hurely atthe bomber gets 4 weeks for getting drunk and bashing a taxi driver

connors gets 8 weeks for just getting drunk

Hurley's was a first offence football-wise and he was also punished for the assault by the civilian judicial system.  Connor's wasn't his first offence football-wise and was penalised accordingly.

if its true that he has been known to have a problem then the club is also at fault for not doing enough to help him so this didnt repeat if it is true that at the b and f he played up

How do you know the club haven't done a whole heap to help him and that he has chosen to ignore that help?  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink it.  He is an adult and responsible for his own actions.

connors has been treated as a scapegoat , cuz shafted

Cousins didn't seem to think he was shafted, he acknowledged he should have done more.  And who/what is Connors a scapegoat for?

once again rfc effing up

peterson will be a gun atthe hawks , rfc should have persisted and helped him rather than eff him off

Yep, just like Essendon should have with Andrew Lovett.  Sometimes, people are beyond help or not ready for it - our club (or any other for that matter) can't afford to sit around for ever using resources to help the individual who chooses to keep on stuffing up on the off-chance that they might come good in the future.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 12:57:56 PM »
hurely atthe bomber gets 4 weeks for getting drunk and bashing a taxi driver

connors gets 8 weeks for just getting drunk

if its true that he has been known to have a problem then the club is also at fault for not doing enough to help him so this didnt repeat if it is true that at the b and f he played up

connors has been treated as a scapegoat , cuz shafted

the other 2 missed recovery so they deserve 1 week

connors shoul dhave been looked after and treated before this happened if they knew he had a problem

once again rfc effing up

peterson will be a gun atthe hawks , rfc should have persisted and helped him rather than eff him off

x,

Regarding Connors, IMO the club have got this 100% right.

As mentioned else where he has priors; a few actually. As reported in the Age this morning and others have mentioned, he was a dill at the B&F (that's being nice). Fortunately it was an occassion where the Club managed to keep something in house (and those of us who knew  ;D didn't blab it on the internet  ;)) and the details now are not important

I can assure you the club has tried to help Daniel, he has been warned and the help has been there but at the end of the day Dan Connors he has to want to help himself. Hopefully this is the kick up the bum he needs or he will become another waste of obvious natural talent

I don't think you can compare what penalities different clubs hand out. The Bombers not the RFC decided Hurley's punishment, just the like Blues decided the joke of a penalty for the instigators of the booze cruise before Xmas.

Has the Club been harsh - yeah probably but it needed to be done and yes most definitely they should have been tougher in the past. However, we cannot undo what was done previously we can deal with the present to make us a stronger and more respected club in the future
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 01:47:36 PM »
Connors :cheers ::)
If you are referring to me ;)
Yep, common knowledge what happened on B & F night ::)
Who really cares about Daniel Connors. ::)
Can tell you who is to blame for all of this, the club.
All of this should of been "'stamped out "" along along time ago.
More to this story that meets the eye you will find :shh

Ramps

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 01:51:27 PM »
Well theres not much more that Hardwick could have done to this stage IMHO. Hes sacked blokes left right and centre, hes suspending blokes for bad behaviours, he let the whole team have it during the week according to some press and some others- he went right through them in talk he gave. Cant do much more at this stage I wouldnt have thought.

FNM

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »

I actually agree with you  :clapping
If there was a history here, why weren't measures taken to get this kid off to counselling before instead of waiting for an incident that was a monty to happen anyway.
Why should the other three be penalised just because they didn't stop him from going off.  Why wasn't the players manager not there to stop it?  Why penalise three people who tried to help the bloke from doing more damage.
The security at the hotel only said Connors was the troublemaker.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »

If there was a history here, why weren't measures taken to get this kid off to counselling before instead of waiting for an incident that was a monty to happen anyway.
Why should the other three be penalised just because they didn't stop him from going off.  Why wasn't the players manager not there to stop it?  Why penalise three people who tried to help the bloke from doing more damage.

How do you know measures have'nt been taken in the past? I think a message has been sent to Connors ages ago in regard to his attitude before getting senior games at Richmond.
The other three, if they joined him in drinking in his/their room, have actively encouraged Connors to keep drinking. Not a good choice given his history.
The player manager should not be required to do a bed check on full-time, professional, adult sportspeople. Given that, should mini-bars be in players rooms?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 02:36:41 PM »

I actually agree with you  :clapping

Check out a few players facebook pages, you will then learn how out of control things really are. :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 02:54:23 PM »
While I totally agree Connors is a fool and he deserves all he gets and probably more please don't forget 3 other people were also suspended and for what, no reason, ...... I doubt it.

Lets not believe the papers only when it suits us please, only the club will know the exact reason the other 3 were given a week each, sure they have come out and said the others were not drinking and/or drunk but lets not be fooled here.

Polo IMHO is just as stupid as Connors, he finally had his go in the firsts and he blew it, not only on field but of, he is just as stupid as Connors.

Cuz, well I have really heard enough about this bloke, he was either in the wrong place at the wrong time or, well who knows what is going through his head at times.

McGuane, very surprised to see his name mentioned, but I don't have a clue as to what he is like around the club so I won't comment on him suffice to say he has been our rock in defence this year and now this.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"