Author Topic: KB slams Tiger bans (SEN)  (Read 2148 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
KB slams Tiger bans (SEN)
« on: April 13, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »
KB slams Tiger bans
11.07AM  13-4-2010
 By Jacqui Reed

Richmond great Kevin Bartlett has slammed the club after it suspended Ben Cousins, Luke McGuane and Dean Polo.

The trio are under fire after being accused of rowdy behaviour in the early hours of Sunday morning, while teammate Daniel Connors has been given an eight week suspension for being intoxicated and unsociable.

While the club admits the trio were not intoxicated at the time of the incident, it says they 'were deemed to have not acted responsibly or in a manner expected of them by the Club.'

Connors was slapped with the lengthy ban after a previous history in alcohol-related incidents, and has since conceeded he has a problem with alcohol.

It's believed Cousins, Polo and McGuane were trying to control Connors on the night, with Cousins physically restraining his intoxicated teammate.

Bartlett says the trio were doing the right thing by the club, and believes Richmond has made a critical error in handing out the punishments.

"I think that you should actually whack people over the head when they do something wrong, not for trying to help other people," Bartlett said on SEN.

"In this particular case, I would suggest that if you're going to get players ringing up the CEO or the General Manager every time you think someone's had maybe one beer too many, then you're going to have a fantastic comradery between teammates."

"Everyone's going to be calling up saying, 'Listen he's in the foyer, I reckon he's just had two pots, when I reckon he should have just had one, you better come and grab him."

"They stuffed up on Cousins and McGuane and Polo. They whacked them over the head with a sledgehammer, when they should have been whacking Connors, which they've done."

"For some reason, they've gone through with the blow, and they've taken three others out as well."

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article/KB-slams-Tiger-bans/7203

Offline HD

• Future Richmond star
Re: KB slams Tiger bans (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »
KB, you are a knob - Cousins, McGuane and Polo were punished for letting it get to the stage where Cuz had to physically restrain Connors. They are being punished because as Senior players they should have been more responsible and tried to tone Connors down before he got to that state instead of letting him get trashed and act like a tool at 3 am.

KB is right in that they were trying to help Connors, but well after their help would actually amount to anything other than exactly what happened and they should have known better

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 02:58:17 PM »
Shut your mouth KB, why don't YOU go down to the club and help out for a change instead of bagging the club for one reason or another. You said many years ago that you would not return while the current administration at that time was there. Well big mouth they are surley gone now so get off your behind, and help out for a change. Showing up for camio's as you have done a couple of times doesn't count.

Put up or shut up.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:08:43 PM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »
Are you trying to boost ratings are you Kev. personal gain wins again hey Kev.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 03:38:19 PM »
whilst I agree we were heavy handed wioth these blokes , their could have been more suitable penalties as their intentions were good
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

TigerTimeII

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 04:53:39 PM »
i often am against what kb says but this time when it comes to cousins he is absolutely correct

Ox

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 05:26:50 PM »
so who was the ;little lagging rat dog on our list - get rid of the idiot

Edited:for avoiding the swear filter. Repeat warning:The "C" word in any form (including edited versions) is unacceptable
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:24:51 PM by WilliamPowell »

jackstar is back again

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 06:46:31 PM »
KB misses the point that Dean and Luke missed rehab.
Getting to sleep at 5am isnt a good idea boys

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »

exactly right Jack
You got to get the whole story before you get on air  ;D no disrespect to KB cause his my hero  ;D
but their was alot more to the issue

TigerTimeII

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 07:11:51 PM »

cuz made the training session., he should not have been dropped

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 07:27:35 PM »

Maybe Cuz should appeal  ;D he might get off mate

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 08:28:56 PM »

I must admit, Cousins has got screwed in all of this. The club could have made this far less of a news story by not suspending him and the only thing he did wrong was stay up late trying to get his team mate to go to bed. Sure he should have intervened before it got to that stage, but I don't think that's worth a suspension.

Tigermonk

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 11:52:28 AM »
Pubs, Clubs, Hotels, & any other licenced venue should start getting their licences revoked to trade alcohol when they serve drunken customers
Customers should never have got to that drunken state in the first place if staff did thier job. Geez its not hard to tell a drunken & aggressive person
who is taking the resposibilities to not serve the customers when aggressive or drunk, management should be fined also & investigated by the liquer licencing board
Amazing no mention of any of this in any news article l have read so far or listen too
where was Hotel Security when a suicide bomber runs into the hotel  ;D BOOM  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 12:57:52 PM »
Pubs, Clubs, Hotels, & any other licenced venue should start getting their licences revoked to trade alcohol when they serve drunken customers
Customers should never have got to that drunken state in the first place if staff did thier job. Geez its not hard to tell a drunken & aggressive person
who is taking the resposibilities to not serve the customers when aggressive or drunk, management should be fined also & investigated by the liquer licencing board
Amazing no mention of any of this in any news article l have read so far or listen too

While I agree with you 100% TM, I think in this particular case that the bar closed at 1.00am and Connors continued drinking back in his room from the mini-bar - that's what tipped the scales apparently.  Just going by the media reports anyway.

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 01:49:03 PM »

While I agree with you 100% TM, I think in this particular case that the bar closed at 1.00am and Connors continued drinking back in his room from the mini-bar - that's what tipped the scales apparently.  Just going by the media reports anyway.

Yes thats what happened Smokey  :thumbsup l was just general talking about how most of these things happen. We have a night club & pub that has constant trouble for drunken idiots.
l'm surprised after some serious assalts its still open. This place has had more trouble over 20 years than in Melbourne CBD. Someone even clocked Doug Hawkins in there once & robbed him  ;D no it was not me  ;D
But l was there on the night  ;D & the truth about it was severly twisted.  ;D