Author Topic: Final Warning for Rodan and Co.  (Read 1265 times)

PuntRdRoar

Final Warning for Rodan and Co.
« on: November 21, 2004, 12:02:36 PM »
Well yesterdays acquisition probably spells the end for David Rodan at the end of next year. With Krakouer and Tambling already listed, there is no need to keep Rodan. Hes on his last chance, lets hope he understands where he is at.

Greg Stafford is lucky Otto left, coz he should have gone as well- will be gone at the end of 2005

Wayne Campbell will probably retire at the end of  next season

and with 1 year to go on his contract at the end of next year...the club may decide that Darren Gaspar can go and theyd be prepared to pay 1/2 his contract for the last year if he goes elsewhere

Rory Hilton is lucky hes still on the list, I expect him to be gone end of next year also

I expect Shane Morrisons sojourn at Punt Road to end next year as well and If Ty Zantuck is still there- he'll be gone as well.

Well Ive just outlined 6 players who will be gone and a 7th Gaspar who should be gone. Its a sad state of affairs that after 2 years of rebuilding already we will have to draft another 6 kids next year to replace these players and we'll still have Ray Hall, Greg Tivendale, Mark Chaffey and Andrew Kellaway listed. Thanks very much DannyFrawley you completely stuffed up our club. BAsed on this analysis we are still 2 years away from finishing the rebuild. And in the next 2 drafts we need to find atleast 2 kpp and a ruckman.

teflon69

Re: Final Warning for Rodan and Co.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 06:00:10 PM »
if you had been to training or talked to anyone that has , you would have found out that rodan is killing them at training
and according to both wallace and royal , d-rod is set for a BIG year

it must really hurt you that he is a richmond player and you never could be ! get over it

this is campbells last year

gaspar is improving every week,and if he continues to improve , he may just survive the cut you are predicting for him.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 06:04:53 PM by teflon69 »

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 06:50:38 PM »
Would not be surprised if any of the following are gone at the end of the year:

Campbell
Rodan
Hyde
Pettifer
Zantuck
Chaffey
Morrison
Hilton
Kellaway
Tuck
Tivendale
Stafford

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 08:30:59 PM »
Rodan's height or rather lack of it was always going to be the concern at AFL level. That's why he fell through to our pick 33 in the 2001 draft. Whenever the ball is in the air he gets caught out.

I'd reckon John's list is pretty much spot on. Razor and Graham (if the experiment fails) could also find themselves gone. Over the past two draftes we've offloaded 20 players. Given lists are 38 players, it's no surprise it will still take another draft next year to clean out the rest.

The only saving grace for the bigger blokes is our list is light on for talls thanks to Spud  :banghead so we may be forced to keep some of them on a year or two longer than they should :P. Just looking at our list not only are we light on for talls (14 at 190cm+) most of them are either too young or are nearing retirement  :(:

Bigger Talls - 195+: Pattison // Hall, Simmonds // Richo, Stafford
Smaller Talls - 190-195: Archibald, Limbach, McGuane, Schulz, Moore // Morrison // Gas, Graham, Kellaway
Midsized - 185-189: Deledio, Jackson, Polo // Bowden, Cogs, Hilton, Johnson, Tivas, Tuck, Zantuck // Cambo
Smalls - 184 or less: Foley#, Gilmour, Hartigan, Meyer, Raines, Roach, Tambling // Brown, Chaffey, Hyde, Krakouer, Newman, Pettifer // -

Young // Peak // Old

Reckon Rory and Cambo (retired) will definitely be gone by this time next year. Stafford might retire too if he keeps copping injuries. The rest are on their last chance. If they can't cement a spot in the seniors then it'll be goodbye. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 08:42:06 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 10:09:17 PM »
Whats your problem teflon...im just telling it how it is...If Rodan doesnt fire this season he'll get the dont come monday on August 30. You cant keep rodan when you have Krakouer and Tambling. Next year we also bring on Kym Monteath who is only about 180cm...so hes not tall either. Whats your problem teflon...what...do u want us to have a team of midgets. We're small enough as it is. We need monsters who are 6'4 6'5 and who weigh 90-95kgs who can hold down key positions. Not show ponies who are overatted!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 10:20:06 PM by RampagingTiger »

teflon69

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 09:25:20 AM »
have i hit a nerve? :lol

i never said i wanted a team of midgets,
all i said was he was in for a big year, :cheers

i hope he does have a big year, and the same goes for the rest of team! :rollin

you just dont like rodan,
under a "real " coach, he will improve in leaps and bounds