Author Topic: WHAT'S THE GAME PLAN?  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: WHAT'S THE GAME PLAN?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 12:14:25 AM »
We still need to get a better gameplan when kicking out of defensive 50.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 07:59:55 AM »
We still need to get a better gameplan when kicking out of defensive 50.

Yes they do Danog, but you have to acknowledge that they obviously worked on it during the week (as Hardwick said they would) and it was light years ahead of last week's terrible efforts.

Ramps

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 10:05:23 AM »
if we had 2 or 3 blokes from other clubs, not superstars just blokes who can play a certain way, we'd be way better off, blokes like Davis from Adelaide for a key defensive post and Jack from Sydney to add to our mids a ruck wouldnt go astray either.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 05:19:44 PM »
if we had 2 or 3 blokes from other clubs, not superstars just blokes who can play a certain way, we'd be way better off, blokes like Davis from Adelaide for a key defensive post and Jack from Sydney to add to our mids a ruck wouldnt go astray either.
Phil Davis was a number 10 pick in 2008
Kieran Jack was a NSW scholarship player and was signed up before anyone else could grab him

By that logic, why can't we focus on drafting and developing our own Davis & Jack types from the draft rather than chasing them from other clubs?

Ramps

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 05:24:09 PM »
Phil Davis was a number 10 pick in 2008
Kieran Jack was a NSW scholarship player and was signed up before anyone else could grab him

By that logic, why can't we focus on drafting and developing our own Davis & Jack types from the draft rather than chasing them from other clubs?

i just used them as examples of 2 types of player that would be handy for us and the game plan that hardwick wants to implement.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »
We couldn't tell anything about ball movement in the wet as we kept things simple moving the ball forward as much as possible but today was a tick for work ethic and remaining disciplined as a team and making sure we did the basics right - playing in front and being first to the footy. A long time since a Richmond side played smart footy. A record unbelievable 140 tackles  :o shows the defensive side of the game Dimma stressed from the beginning is starting to sink in into the playing group. The best team play today was in the last quarter when we just pressured and worked the ball from our own goal-line outside defensive 50 without taking possession once and then from the stoppage we got the breakaway and kicked a goal  :thumbsup. Another little step forward.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »
Another four quarter effort from the lads. They are starting to win 2 and 3 quarters a match and I loved the way we buried them despite the conditions. We would have won this game by 2 or 3 goals in the past or let them back into the game in the third quarter and blown our chance. Good to see we turned a 4 goal 3 quarter time lead into an 8 goal win. Another vital ingredient to players development and change in on field culture and perception.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 10:14:12 PM »
Another four quarter effort from the lads. They are starting to win 2 and 3 quarters a match and I loved the way we buried them despite the conditions. We would have won this game by 2 or 3 goals in the past or let them back into the game in the third quarter and blown our chance. GOod to see we turned a 4 goal 3 quarter time lead into an 8 goal win. Another vital ingredient to players development and change in on field culture and perception.
Was just thinking that after the game.  I thought to myself "feels great to really put away a side for a change".

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2010, 10:28:39 PM »

Was just thinking that after the game.  I thought to myself "feels great to really put away a side for a change".

After a 0-9 start Danog, that has to be the year's biggest understatement!!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »
Another four quarter effort from the lads. They are starting to win 2 and 3 quarters a match and I loved the way we buried them despite the conditions. We would have won this game by 2 or 3 goals in the past or let them back into the game in the third quarter and blown our chance. Good to see we turned a 4 goal 3 quarter time lead into an 8 goal win. Another vital ingredient to players development and change in on field culture and perception.

Yep.  Said to my wife at 1/2 time that the third quarter will tell all about this game.  Port gave it their best shot for the sum total total of 4 points benefit.  When the siren went at 3/4 time I knew we had them beat.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2010, 10:32:06 PM »
Another four quarter effort from the lads. They are starting to win 2 and 3 quarters a match and I loved the way we buried them despite the conditions. We would have won this game by 2 or 3 goals in the past or let them back into the game in the third quarter and blown our chance. GOod to see we turned a 4 goal 3 quarter time lead into an 8 goal win. Another vital ingredient to players development and change in on field culture and perception.

BLOODY OATH

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2010, 02:02:09 AM »
Its been a bloody long time since you could watch a Richmond game and relax during the last quarter.

What a great feeling it was.
Unleash the tornado

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 01:35:05 PM »
We couldn't tell anything about ball movement in the wet as we kept things simple moving the ball forward as much as possible but today was a tick for work ethic and remaining disciplined as a team and making sure we did the basics right - playing in front and being first to the footy. A long time since a Richmond side played smart footy. A record unbelievable 140 tackles  :o shows the defensive side of the game Dimma stressed from the beginning is starting to sink in into the playing group. The best team play today was in the last quarter when we just pressured and worked the ball from our own goal-line outside defensive 50 without taking possession once and then from the stoppage we got the breakaway and kicked a goal  :thumbsup. Another little step forward.

The thing that won it was the defensive effort in the first half of the 3rd qtr, great thing was Dimma could of pushed players back but didn't, alas we cracked them defensively then offensively.
Like I said elsewhere will be interesting to see which way we go Friday .... :gotigers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »
game plan looks better when you have a 2 meter tall CHF and Riewoldt inside the forward line

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
On the Sunday Footy Show Crawf and Browny said we've been the longest kicking side over the past 6 weeks and that's why we've turned our season around. Browny said in the past we would go with short handballs and kicks and get ourselves into trouble. Jack providing a go to marking target helps to encourage the long kicking. We've also been No.1 in clearances.