Author Topic: Its time for some cuts and some retirements  (Read 5981 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Its time for some cuts and some retirements
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2010, 07:21:01 PM »
Just remind you all, Melbourne played one ruckman Jamar, there back up was Dunn ::)
Dunn  wouldnt be 6ft 2 ::)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2010, 07:24:34 PM »
Yep Simmo and Tucky are just too slow now. Simmo was good for us in 3 of his first 4 years but it's sad now seeing him lumber around, dropping marks he use to take easily, lacking awareness and getting run down. The problem is the alternatives out of the side aren't there.

Vickery averaged 17 possessions and 13 hitouts per game Jack in his last year in the TAC Cup. 6.3 kicks and 10.8 handballs. Don't know where you got just 6 possies from  ???.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Tyrone%20Vickery&action=PSTATS&pID=187106448&client=1-3020-0-67827-8064749

6 kicks is hardly enough for what, a 2nd round pic :banghead :banghead

oh so you were making it up jack, you know what they say about statements straight from the clacker, for all they're worth, that's probably where they should remain, take heed :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2010, 07:38:23 PM »
Just remind you all, Melbourne played one ruckman Jamar, there back up was Dunn ::)

You're right, he wouldn't - he's 6'4" - and he spent very little time in the ruck, Jamar rucked for most of the game.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »

You're right, he wouldn't - he's 6'4" - and he spent very little time in the ruck, Jamar rucked for most of the game.

Rubbish, spent at least 6-8 minutes a quarter.
they have no regards for Simonds either , as they were prepared to put him up against Simmonds in the Centre Bounce

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2010, 08:58:43 PM »

They aint many postives, been competitive would be a positive, but we aint

Were we at the same game  ???

Let me see first qtr - were we competitive  ??? Yep we were

2qtr - competitive ? Hmmm yeah I think we were, would go as far as to say we should have bloody well been in front

3rd - competitive ? NOPE, NADA, NO, NOT AT ALL

4th Qtr ? Well considering we didn't get blown away by 90 points - I'd say yep they had a dip

Let me make this very clear... I hate going every week and loosing, I am flying to Perth next weekend and I am filled with dread but our results are exactly where the majority of people on this very forum said they would be so get a grip and deal with it.

For sure it aint pretty but it is what it is...

If you hate it so much then just don't go - it is that simple

Personally I took some real positive signs out of today's game and if people dont' want to acknowledge them then that's their problem

If people didn't think Astbury showed something, that Nason could be one of the best late picks of the '09 draft, that Martin is a pure gem, that Cotchin is a natural born leader or that simply our kids are going to get better the more games they play then you just don't want to see any positives

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2010, 08:59:27 PM »
Problem is this.
Vickery aint going to make.
Seems like a "'protected "" player due to his Dads involvement.
Interesting fact that during his TAC career, he averaged 6 possesions a game, shouldnt of been drafted in the first place :banghead :banghead.

He was HOPELESS today, remember Melbourne only played 1 ruckman ( Jamar), and had Dunne up against Vickery  ::)

You are an idiot  8)
Couldn't be happier with Vickery's last 3 weeks in the ruck. Are you comparing him to Natanui?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2010, 09:00:50 PM »

Rubbish, spent at least 6-8 minutes a quarter.
they have no regards for Simonds either , as they were prepared to put him up against Simmonds in the Centre Bounce

Nup.  Jamar took almost all the hitouts today.  Dunn took a couple, even Sylvia took a couple, all depended on where the ball was.  Jamar's role today wasn't to roam the ground getting possessions - it was a tap role - and he did that very well, bringing their midfield into the game in the 3rd quarter.  Only needed a few short breaks because he wasn't roaming the ground keeping up with general play and his breaks were in the forward line, not on the bench.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2010, 09:04:27 PM »

2qtr - competitive ? Hmmm yeah I think we were, would go as far as to say we should have bloody well been in front

4th Qtr ? Well considering we didn't get blown away by 90 points - I'd say yep they had a dip

Let me make this very clear... I hate going every week and loosing, I am flying to Perth next weekend and I am filled with dread but our results are exactly where the majority of people on this very forum said they would be so get a grip and deal with it.

Personally I took some real positive signs out of today's game and if people dont' want to acknowledge them then that's their problem

If people didn't think Astbury showed something, that Nason could be one of the best late picks of the '09 draft, that Martin is a pure gem, that Cotchin is a natural born leader or that simply our kids are going to get better the more games they play then you just don't want to see any positives

We were at the same game.
We played Melbourne remember.
Lets dont get away from the facts that we were beaten by 10 goals by a team of no hopers.
As for being competitve till half time.  The scoreboard flattered us.
Melbourne had 100 more possesions for the game.

Ramps

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2010, 09:05:26 PM »

this is a fair and reasonable analysis of the game and some of the positives.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2010, 09:06:05 PM »
Problem is this.
Vickery aint going to make.
Seems like a "'protected "" player due to his Dads involvement.
Interesting fact that during his TAC career, he averaged 6 possesions a game, shouldnt of been drafted in the first place :banghead :banghead.

He was HOPELESS today, remember Melbourne only played 1 ruckman ( Jamar), and had Dunne up against Vickery  ::)

You are an idiot  8)
Couldn't be happier with Vickery's last 3 weeks in the ruck. Are you comparing him to Natanui?

Will go on record, he wont make it.
Griffiths will be playing in 4 weeks time and will be ahead of him at years end.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2010, 09:08:54 PM »
i agree wp

many positives today

the chimp was a good leader but imo , jack riewoldt was a better leader, he covered heaps of territory today, richo missed goals easier than ones he missed but we all agree richo is great. kacks work ethis today was richoesque

but as u say many postives

nason will be a star
martin will be the best midfeilder in a couple of yrs in the comp,  class
astbury great debut
taylor showed great signs
for 3/4 our teamwork and desire to help out each other was fantyastic
vickery keeps on improving
cotchin
moore
tambling, yes alot of his efforts and work get unnoticed by his haters
deledio is starting to mature and gur run more
our game style is improving, just the short sighted impatient fools cant see that

i have said it b4 and will say it again, the scoreboard does not matter this yr

jackstar is back again

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2010, 09:15:32 PM »
scoreboard mighten matter but possessing the ball does, you have to win the footy.
melbourne had 100 more possesions, and Melbourne are bad, enough said.

X, stop sticking up for Tambling 7 kicks and 5 handballs against a terrible team aint good.
I watched him walking down the ground when the opposition were attacking , he seemed to not care less.
Whats sad is a first season player like Nason run past him to try and pick up Tamblings opponent.
Dont know what Richards problem is, maybe he just cant play.
Will also say the club hasnt helped him, as they dont know where to play him.
Does anyone know where he plays, I certainly dont.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »
Yep Simmo and Tucky are just too slow now. Simmo was good for us in 3 of his first 4 years but it's sad now seeing him lumber around, dropping marks he use to take easily, lacking awareness and getting run down. The problem is the alternatives out of the side aren't there.

Vickery averaged 17 possessions and 13 hitouts per game Jack in his last year in the TAC Cup. 6.3 kicks and 10.8 handballs. Don't know where you got just 6 possies from  ???.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Tyrone%20Vickery&action=PSTATS&pID=187106448&client=1-3020-0-67827-8064749

NicNat would have been lucky to have averaged 2 or 3 kicks per game at U18 level. Stupid of the Eagles to pick him up at pick 2 then  ::).

Vickery was picked up based on his U18 Champs form when he starred especially in the final against NicNat's WA. He's still only 19 FFS. Picking on the wrong guy Jack when you have duds like Hislop in the side  :banghead. Btw Jamar is 26 and this is his first year he isn't looking like a complete spud as a ruckman.  

We aren't getting killed so much in close (clearances were level). It's once the ball is out in space that the differences are shown up. We get sliced and diced when the opposition have the ball while we turnover the ball through dumb schoolboy errors and gift goals. We'd be over 200 points gifted to the opposition from our turnovers in the first 4 rounds.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 09:23:36 PM »
scoreboard mighten matter but possessing the ball does, you have to win the footy.
melbourne had 100 more possesions, and Melbourne are bad, enough said.

X, stop sticking up for Tambling 7 kicks and 5 handballs against a terrible team aint good.
I watched him walking down the ground when the opposition were attacking , he seemed to not care less.
Whats sad is a first season player like Nason run past him to try and pick up Tamblings opponent.
Dont know what Richards problem is, maybe he just cant play.
Will also say the club hasnt helped him, as they dont know where to play him.
Does anyone know where he plays, I certainly dont.

try him in the centre - doesnt matter anyway if the rumours are right hes headed elsewhere come the end of the season.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »

NicNat would have been lucky to have averaged 2 or 3 kicks per game at U18 level. Stupid of the Eagles to pick him up at pick 2 then  ::).

Vickery was picked up based on his U18 Champs form when he starred especially in the final against NicNat's WA. He's still only 19 FFS. Picking on the wrong guy Jack when you have duds like Hislop in the side  :banghead. Btw Jamar is 26 and this is his first year he isn't looking like a complete spud as a ruckman.  

We aren't getting killed so much in close (clearances were level). It's once the ball is out in space that the differences are shown up. We get sliced and diced when the opposition have the ball while we turnover the ball through dumb schoolboy errors and gift goals. We'd be over 200 points gifted to the opposition from our turnovers in the first 4 rounds.

Would agree, my views on Vickery are what I have seen in matches this year
He hasnt gone on from last year.