Author Topic: Daniel Jackson cops a reprimand / update: downgraded and free to play  (Read 1822 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Just reported on SEN news.

Jacko has copped a 93.7 points reprimand from the Match Review Panel.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:37:06 PM by one-eyed »

TigerTimeII

Re: Daniel Jackson cops a reprimand
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 05:30:45 PM »
what a shame, hope he gets dropped anyway, he playes for teh opposition every week as does hisloppy, rance white etc

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 05:40:41 PM »
Daniel Jackson, Richmond, has been charged with striking James McDonald, Melbourne, during the second quarter of the Round Four match between Richmond and Melbourne, played at the MCG on Sunday April 18, 2010.

In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record with an early plea.
The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record.

Other incidents assessed
The match day report laid against Melbourne’s Brent Moloney for striking Richmond’s Ben Nason during the second quarter of Sunday’s game was assessed. It was the view of the panel that the contact made was a bump which did not contact Nason high. Contact was made to the shoulder area. No further action was taken.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/92660/default.aspx

jackstar is back again

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
Thats a pity.
He should of been charged of misuse of a football and continual slaughtering the football, that should of been 4 weeks at Coburg :lol

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 06:18:17 PM »
Thats a pity.
He should of been charged of misuse of a football and continual slaughtering the football, that should of been 4 weeks at Coburg :lol

:lol :clapping

Would have been great trade material last year.
EAT EM ALIVE!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »
Thats a pity.

4n weeks bs!!!! he should go to coburg and never come back

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 02:48:24 PM »
Richmond will contest a striking charge handed to midfielder Daniel Jackson from last Sunday’s match against Melbourne at the MCG.

Jackson was charged with a level two striking offence on James McDonald during the second quarter, drawing 125 demerit points from the AFL Match Review Panel.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points).

The tribunal hearing will be held tonight (Tuesday).  An update will be posted on richmondfc.com.au following the hearing.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/92690/default.aspx

Interesting move, risking a suspension to avoid a repremand

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »
this is a blessing, he will cop a week now and do us a favour

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »
Typical. Typical.
Some of you have no idea.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »
Jacko's hardly trained over the past couple of weeks. Only did the last 20 minutes or so today which was contesting at stoppages (no aerobic running). Maybe the Club doesn't care if the appeal fails as it'll give him a chance to rest whatever niggle he has.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

TigerTimeII

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 04:40:34 PM »
the ppl that think he is good 4 our team have no idea

the ones who have an idea know that he is a liability and the only reason he gets plenty possessions is because the opposistin let him  as they know he wears their jumper and will 7/10 times miss a target and hand the ball over

jackpo has great toughness and desire but ffs he has pathetic skills

hardwick said he will get rid of all bad kickers

stick to ur word dimma

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 05:37:40 PM »
Hearing is on now.

Jacko is arguing that the contact was accidental/incedental rather than reckless.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jackson free to play
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 06:27:37 PM »
Ch 7 news said Jacko's charge has been downgraded and is free to play

TigerTimeII

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 06:29:24 PM »
damn

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Daniel Jackson cops a reprimand / update: downgraded and free to play
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
Tiger Daniel Jackson found guilty but avoid suspension

* AAP
    * April 20, 2010 6:53PM

UPDATE: RICHMOND midfielder Daniel Jackson escaped suspension despite being found guilty of striking at the AFL tribunal tonight.

The tribunal jury found Jackson guilty of striking Melbourne skipper James McDonald at the MCG on Sunday, but downgraded his conduct from reckless to negligent, which meant the Tiger escaped suspension.

Jackson risked a one-game ban had he been found guilty of striking with reckless conduct.

Instead he had 80 demerit points put on his record, which is under the threshold for a one-game suspension, and means he can play Fremantle at Subaico Oval on Sunday night.

The result means Richmond will have their best negating onballer as they chase a breakthrough win after four heavy losses, although it was Jackson's intention to retain his clean record by challenging the match review panel's finding.

"It would have been good to walk away with nothing but in the end it shows the judge of my character, that I had no intent of causing any harm and what happened was just negligible and that was it,'' Jackson said after the hearing.

"I knew 100 per cent what my actions were and intentions were so we were pretty confident that was going to be the result.''

Jackson was reported for getting McDonald high with the crook of his left arm, but argued he was only trying to tackle the Demons skipper and his arm came up when the pair made contact.

McDonald was not injured in the clash, but received a free kick.

Jackson told the jury he knew he risked being suspended when he could have accepted a reprimand to defend his principles.

"It was 100 per cent not my intention to do anything wrong or to cause harm,'' he said.

"That's not the way I play, I always intend to play the game and try to beat my man, and this was just a consequence of my normal actions in a game.''

The verdict meant Jackson shaved 13.75 demerit points off what he would have had on his record had he pleaded guilty.

Jackson was the only player to challenge at the tribunal as the other players charged from round four all pleaded guilty.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/darren-milburn-bump-gets-all-clear-from-match-review-panel/story-e6frf9jf-1225855633054