Author Topic: Coburg vs Box Hill, Saturday April 24 @ Craigieburn  (Read 7176 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Coburg vs Box Hill, Saturday April 24 @ Craigieburn
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »
good effort that, only watched q1 Rhys jones was scathing of the efforts of coburg particularly RFC players...great fighting win , I reckon we're hard to beat at Craigieburn :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2010, 04:20:38 PM »
McMahon needs to go back to his level of VFL Reserves
That's being generous too

Gigantor

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2010, 04:30:15 PM »
Gee wasnt jordie bad.One kick especially that just grubbed along the ground was horrible

Ramps

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2010, 05:00:18 PM »
I only got to see the last 10 minutes how was Contin and O'Reilly?

Gigantor

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2010, 05:10:02 PM »
i thouhgt both  were ok ramps.certainly show potential

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2010, 05:30:27 PM »
Good never give-in badly needed win. The Burgers could have dropped their heads with that last Box Hill goal but they kept fighting and pressuring and in the end could have won with a few goals to spare if we had made the most of all our chances. At least with Coburg you get a close game to watch each week. For once our experienced players stood up when the game was there to be won and showed leadership.

Connors was best for mine. Worked and ran hard over the whole ground. He has 6 more weeks to ponder how he wasted 8 weeks of his career in what should be games for Richmond rather than Coburg.
Webberley got better and better as the game went.
If Browne could translate today to Richmond then Simmo could be moved on. Mind you Box Hill because of Hawthorn's lack of rucks allowed us to dominate at the stoppages especially in the last quarter.
Good to see Contin in the VFL seniors. Will be better for the run. O'Reilly likewise showed he should be in the Coburg seniors as well.
Gourdis was solid in defence. No noticable mistakes.
Morton is above this level.
Roberts was really only effective in the first quarter.
Kingy and Jordie were Kingy and Jordie. They're just biding time until the end of the season.

Was that really Gus taking that strong grab  :o.

For those that went today was there any reason why Polly and Griffiths didn't play today? Did Westhoff play ressies?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2010, 05:42:08 PM »
Morton well above that level.
Browne was okay as well.
Connors wont be any good at any level until he can improve off field

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2010, 05:58:47 PM »
Polo easily BOG - more for the defensive stuff off the ball. Agree when he went into the middle things changed. Pressure goal to win the game.

BrownE was good as the game went on. Much better tap ruckman than Simmo and Gus

Gus' 2nd half was very good as well. Actually made correct position a number of times

Really impressed with the improvement with Gourdis. Couldn't understand why they kept but now I know - very good. Actually bring on June or July when we can promote another rookie

Contin - very solid lad and very good skills

Webberley - not far away from a senior game IMHO

Kingy - much maligned but gee he was great today. Thought it was stupid to send him back in the final qtr when he was clearly injured but his leadership in the F50 - sensational

Roberts - good

Morton - agree he is above VFL level but his defensive efforts inside the F50 at times were non existent at times today in the 1st half in particular. Maybe that's why he was dropped. Much better in the 2nd half

Jordie - some things were good, some things were poor - that's Jordie. thought his 3rd qtr was his best

Connors - was actually surprsied he was playing and not sure I agree but hey that's life. Had some shocking turovers but Very very good. Has all the talent in the world and it was good to see him play team orientated footy today. Needs to the be the rule not the exception.

Enjoyed watching O'Reilly; some really good signs there I reckon

Oops almost forgot Post  :P well actually that probably sums it up... very disappointing again. I was hoping that being dropped might be the rocket he needed to get aggressive towards the contest and the ball - nope. Although did improve after half time. Just disappointing

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2010, 06:24:41 PM »
If Post cant fire up soon then we should get rid of him, big men who dont have the blood boiling are no good. Is going backwards at a rate of knots from what weve seen in his games at Richmond, if hes no good at Coburg well ...maybe we are just wasting our time. Trade him if thats the case!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »
Put Browne in - Connors, u would seriously think of cutting back the penalty in 2-3 weeks if he keeps that up. King no good - Jordy - terrible he has lost the plot. cardfelt sp? lolstfu wow - gotta be impressed with that effort.

LOL@ me loser - VFL tipping comp I had an aggregate score for the match of 176 and picked Pox Hill ( eveyone wood of ;D) Coburg kickin the last goal cost me a tip and $ - I was still  ;D :cheers all the same.

There is something amongst the mist on that effort  :clapping

Ramps

« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2010, 07:10:53 PM »
We would be better off if McMahon feigns an injury so we can upgrade Gourdis or Contin!

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2010, 07:15:10 PM »
Kahlefeldt and Lawton looked pretty good, well worth keeping an eye on given we should be chopping another 10 minimum.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2010, 07:25:58 PM »
If Post cant fire up soon then we should get rid of him, big men who dont have the blood boiling are no good. Is going backwards at a rate of knots from what weve seen in his games at Richmond, if hes no good at Coburg well ...maybe we are just wasting our time. Trade him if thats the case!
Get your hand off it, he's a kpp in only his 2nd year
He wouldn't have even had a chance to play AFL yet at most clubs

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2010, 07:26:37 PM »
We would be better off if McMahon feigns an injury so we can upgrade Gourdis or Contin!
Weak heart

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2010, 08:02:49 PM »
Kahlefeldt and Lawton looked pretty good, well worth keeping an eye on given we should be chopping another 10 minimum.

kah, looks the type that would benefit playing with more skilled players in senior company in a link wing type role, has a good build...lawton , not sure he was too impressive, would like to have seen him take a strong overhead mark or two.
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled