Author Topic: Richmond looking at playing games in Hobart [merged]  (Read 15156 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond looking at playing games in Hobart [merged]
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2010, 11:12:55 PM »
Benny Gale should come out and tell Caro to shut her effin mouth and never walk through our doors again, like Clarko did with dermie.
I can guarantee he wont be bagging the Hawks any more in public.

she is a effin snake that old botoxed hag and someone needs to tell her to shut the eff up

was so happy when she had to apologise when her 'sources' were wrong again re: Knighter.
If she's had botox then I hate to think what she'd look like without it
Unless of course they use the wrong needle and it's paralysing her brain

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2010, 11:22:36 PM »
Caro is one of the worst sporting journo's about. and by does she lay the boots into richmond whenever she can even when she has to make up things like she did about cousins. i wish richmond would put her in her place.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2010, 05:03:09 AM »
So North are going to play 4 games in Hobart and then more in Ballarat at the new 15k Eureka stadium against GWS, GC, Port and Freo. I wonder what happened to their promise to their supporters they'd be a purely Melbourne club and play all their home games in Melbourne  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2010, 06:47:53 AM »
So North are going to play 4 games in Hobart and then more in Ballarat at the new 15k Eureka stadium against GWS, GC, Port and Freo. I wonder what happened to their promise to their supporters they'd be a purely Melbourne club and play all their home games in Melbourne  ::).

they should change their nick from the roos to the gypsies
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2010, 09:56:51 AM »
Benny Gale should come out and tell Caro to shut her effin mouth and never walk through our doors again, like Clarko did with dermie.
I can guarantee he wont be bagging the Hawks any more in public.

she is a effin snake that old botoxed hag and someone needs to tell her to shut the eff up

was so happy when she had to apologise when her 'sources' were wrong again re: Knighter.
If she's had botox then I hate to think what she'd look like without it
Unless of course they use the wrong needle and it's paralysing her brain

i zone off when she is talking so im forced to concentrate on her forehead and it doesnt move. I then have to    :chuck :chuck

she is a disgraceful Journo and was made to look like the fool that she is last week. I cant wait for the day Benny Gale or Dimma does a Clarko and puts her in place in front of a wider audience like he did with Dermie. I love how he did that it shows Dermie who is boss. You want to talk negatively about our club go for it but dont expect any favours from us in the future. Gold.

When things turn around she will come knocking i can see it already. "I love Richmond, I love Punt Road bla bla bla' at which we should say get stuffed and tell her to shove the botox needle up her .............................Please insert word

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »
This is actually quite funny. The 'roos are buggered again.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/govt-wont-fund-bellerive-games-20100726-10rs7.html

Govt won't fund Bellerive games

Hobart
July 26, 2010 - 12:24PM

Tasmanian Premier David Bartlett says his government will not pay an AFL team to play at Hobart's Bellerive Oval.

North Melbourne and Richmond are currently looking at playing home games at Bellerive Oval, and both have spoken to Mr Bartlett about the prospect.

Hawthorn currently plays four games a season at Launceston's Aurora Stadium, in a multi-million dollar deal which makes Tasmania the club's major sponsor.

The deal with the Hawks is currently being renegotiated and Mr Bartlett said his government would not be paying any other clubs to play in Hobart.

"I'm not opposed to AFL football being played at Bellerive but it will not ever come at the expense of football at Aurora Stadium, and the state government will not be funding those games," Mr Bartlett told ABC Radio on Monday.

"The Hawthorn deal is great for Tasmania and I want to ensure that deal continues.

"Our number one priority is to resecure the deal with Hawthorn to play four or more, preferable more, games at Aurora Stadium."

AAP

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2010, 06:19:52 PM »
Pretty sure this was always the case and it was the local councils and Bellerive oval that were funding it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kangaroos off to Tasmania (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2010, 04:47:09 AM »
Kangaroos off to Tasmania
Brett Stubbs in Hobart
Herald Sun
July 27, 2010

NORTH Melbourne has won the race for Bellerive. It is believed the club and the AFL have agreed that the Kangaroos will be the next club to make Tasmania a home away from home.

The deal is believed to involve four games a year from 2012 at Hobart's Bellerive Oval.

Richmond was in the hunt, but the AFL was slow to move the Tigers from Melbourne and their big crowds.

Is it a good move for the Kangaroos to be playing in Hobart without government backing?

North Melbourne president James Brayshaw would not comment yesterday, but recently met Tasmanian premier David Bartlett - a North Melbourne supporter.

However, the Tasmanian Government has refused to pledge money for Bellerive games, saying Hawthorn games at Launceston were its priority.

"I'm not opposed to AFL football at Bellerive, but it will not ever come at the expense of football at Aurora Stadium (Launceston)," Bartlett said on radio yesterday.

"The State Government will not fund Bellerive games.

Tasmanian Greens leader Nick McKim, who is a Cabinet member in the Labor-Green government, backed Bartlett.

"We have no problem at all with AFL games being played at Bellerive, but our view is that government money should not be used to directly support those games," McKim said.

Hawthorn has a five-year, $16.4 million deal to play four games a year at Aurora Stadium.

Playing home games in Hobart would provide a boost to the Kangaroos, who struggle financially when they attract small crowds to games at Etihad Stadium.

AFL Tasmania chairman Dominic Baker was a guest of Brayshaw and North Melbourne chief executive Eugene Arocca at the Round 16 Kangaroos-Richmond game at the MCG. He went into the rooms and met the players.

AFL at Bellerive could become a federal election issue, with Tasmanian Liberal Senator Eric Abetz and Franklin Liberal candidate Jane Howlett backing the move.

"Right or wrong, we have invested a lot in Aurora," Abetz said.

"I must say I would not have done the Hawthorn deal myself. I think Hawthorn ripped off the State Government like you would not believe."

He supports federal funding for Bellerive.

Bellerive custodian, Cricket Tasmania, has a $21 million plan to make it more football friendly and increase its capacity from 16,500 to more than 20,000.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/kangaroos-off-to-tasmania/story-e6frf9jf-1225897238777

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »
Eugene Arocca is on SEN now.

Says that there is no deal yet, but they are front runners.

They didn't meet with Dominic Baker either.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2010, 10:33:12 AM »
they can have it. I dont understand why we let the AFL intervene with our stuff after the gypsys came out last year and said all games to be played in Melbourne " we wont move from here"

i cant understand why they have to help them all the time. They made their decision to stay but now everyone has to bend over and help the gypsys roam the country side looking for their next s l u t to pound.

I personally hope this is now another faulure for them. They and the AFL can get stuffed.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2010, 01:07:25 PM »

Arocca's comments are up on North's website

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/news/blogarticle/tabid/9795/newsid/99065/default.aspx

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2010, 02:45:26 PM »

this idiot is playing with fire. Hope he buggers this up
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:44:20 AM by one-eyed »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2010, 08:58:26 PM »
Abetz might be just jumping on the band wagon to win some votes in hobart this election by saying his not against it i dont think he would be back it and giving millions into it when liberals do nothing but whinge about spending money.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Roos can play dumb, but Hobart looms large (Age)
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2010, 04:42:34 AM »
Roos can play dumb, but Hobart looms large
CAROLINE WILSON
July 28, 2010

THERE has been an aching familiarity about the mixed messages emanating from Arden Street where the club's fourth interstate move in little more than a decade is concerned.

North Melbourne and the AFL deny the club has signed an agreement to play four games a year at Hobart's Bellerive Oval and help lead a push to revitalise the game in Tasmania from 2012, but it will almost certainly happen. North can say all it likes about avoiding the ''R'' word, but talk of relocation to a state that ultimately wants its own team will, in reality, haunt the club in the manner the Gold Coast did.

That will certainly be the case in the short-term, given the club's perilous position, its broken promises and the AFL commission's relative disappointment in North's progress since 2008.

Two Richmond executives held talks in Hobart yesterday with Tasmania's cricket authority, but the Tigers could not sell more than two games a season to its members and the AFL's view is that a cocktail of funding could earn North Melbourne $3 million annually.

North certainly needs something. It has achieved little of what it promised and even its new facility at Arden Street - something every Victorian club has achieved or is on schedule to largely through public money - could become a shared facility with the Melbourne Tigers Basketball Club, with the Kangaroos confirming last night that negotiations were under way.

Sharing a facility is not ideal in the AFL's high-stakes environment and will surely further compromise a club that has walked away from deals in Sydney, Canberra and the Gold Coast, leaving an image of a club chasing quick cash with no real interest in community or lasting relationships. North is not popular in any of those towns and will hopefully learn from past mistakes in Hobart.

This is not about the players who have, by and large, performed above themselves for years and never once shown anything but public love for their guernsey. It is not even about chief executive Eugene Arocca, despite the fact he declared in 2008 the club would no longer be the ''travelling Kangaroos''.

Arocca could choose his words more carefully at times - talk of games at Ballarat has confused the landscape for a start - but all he was doing was reflecting the platform laid down by James Brayshaw's emotional and successful campaign for president, which ended the Gold Coast relocation plan for many key Kangaroos.

And it has been impossible to ignore the symbolism of recent days. Amid a flurry of reports that the North Melbourne-Hobart agreement was a done deal, the Gold Coast Suns were launched in the late afternoon shadow of an emerging new Carrara Stadium - a stadium the Kangaroos said they could not bank on.

Two days later, with a place in the eight at stake, North Melbourne put its bank balance ahead of potential victory when it played an unprepared David Hale for his second match in a day rather than risk a $20,000 fine by fielding a player not named as an emergency.

The AFL should be ashamed of its incompetence too over this incident, but that doesn't change the fact that North Melbourne was forced into submission when its wealthy opponent - Essendon - would have put winning first. And the Bombers won narrowly.

The following day, Melbourne president Jim Stynes held court at the MCG promoting his third annual corporate tin rattle - a move that has virtually eradicated the club's once crippling debt. The club finally has a new home and an exciting young team.

Stynes and his board have delivered what they promised and it should be remembered that when he took over the Demons - six months after Brayshaw's group - Melbourne's problems were seen as significantly worse than the Kangaroos.

Richmond, another critically stricken club with on-field stocks and equally debt stricken, has drawn average home attendances of 40,000 this season - 42,000 if you remove its Etihad games - while North's corresponding figure is 25,000. And its membership has dropped.

Having rejected a move north that would have swelled its playing stocks, its bank account, eradicated its debts and ensured free-to-air prime-time games, North Melbourne said it would make things happen full-time in Victoria. But it is now looking south.

The club can deny all it likes that this will prove a hybrid relocation. It can point to Hawthorn and the manner in which that club has engaged with the people of Launceston while remaining a Melbourne-based club. It can say that this time will be different.

But the truth is North Melbourne is pushing to move part-time to Tasmania because it cannot afford to sustain itself at Arden Street and Etihad Stadium - when it assured its members and fans that it could and would. It has taken less than three seasons of the new board to break that promise.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/roos-can-play-dumb-but-hobart-looms-large-20100727-10ub6.html

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2010, 06:52:11 AM »
It wouldn't be a Caro article without the cheap snipe at Richmond.  "Critically stricken"?  She couldn't be further from reality if she tried, despite her very best efforts at undermining and destabilizing by peddling half truths and opinions as fact.