Author Topic: Griffith's shoulder injury  (Read 8337 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Griffith's shoulder injury
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 12:01:32 AM »
Drafted busted, Busted again, What type of injury ?? same as he was drafted with.
result another bad mistake.

If the prognosis is the shoulder's gone again questions definitely deserve to be asked.
Other clubs avoided him because of his shoulder concerns but we took the punt.
Looks like the gamble has backfired.

We anxiously await the outcome..
yep im gunna be an behind hole and in the same breath hope the kid can fulfill the potential they saw in him.
bastinac any one.

eff off.  Surely we haven't started these games already.  :banghead :banghead :banghead  :scream
oh dear a sensitive one. ive already been lambasted on this site at draft time  just thought id let those who know better know. ya know when one claims something its always hindsight  well before the dim wits claim its easy in hindsight as always happens i thought id get in first.
will repeat again i thought bastinac an A grader along with bartlett also thought black and carlisle safer better kpp options. in the past i have let comments go and refused to pull my own chain but theres far to many eff wits who are ready to jump in and give it to ya so why not let em know.
i have always stood by what i say and have copped it on the chin when ive been wrong  so with that eff off dim wit.

So instead of supporting a kid who might have busted his shoulder you're going get on your ego boost of the week and toot your own horn.  I liked Bastinac pre-draft but that means eff all right now when we have our own planned future power forward with a potentially serious shoulder injury.  But no, lets write him off after 6 games of the season.

How effing selfish and effing typical Richmond mentality of the past 30 years.
EAT EM ALIVE!

tony_montana

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 12:16:48 AM »
Drafted busted, Busted again, What type of injury ?? same as he was drafted with.

If the prognosis is the shoulder's gone again questions definitely deserve to be asked.

yep im gunna be an behind hole and in the same breath hope the kid can fulfill the potential they saw in him.
bastinac any one.

eff off.  Surely we haven't started these games already.  :banghead :banghead :banghead  :scream
oh dear a sensitive one. ive already been lambasted on this site at draft time  just thought id let those who know better know. ya know when one claims something its always hindsight  well before the dim wits claim its easy in hindsight as always happens i thought id get in first.
will repeat again i thought bastinac an A grader along with bartlett also thought black and carlisle safer better kpp options. in the past i have let comments go and refused to pull my own chain but theres far to many eff wits who are ready to jump in and give it to ya so why not let em know.
i have always stood by what i say and have copped it on the chin when ive been wrong  so with that eff off dim wit.

ok thats fine, i too have no doubt bastinac will be top self but i also feel list balance demanded we take some talls and wont write off griffiths just yet

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 12:20:49 AM »
Agreed the prognosis may not be favourable but we are 7 weeks into a new season regarding this kid. If this time next year he has not debuted then may the alarm bells ring.

Comparing Griffiths to Bastinac right now does nothing and gains nothing.

the claw

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 12:32:56 AM »

bastinac any one.

ok thats fine, i too have no doubt bastinac will be top self but i also feel list balance demanded we take some talls and wont write off griffiths just yet
whos written him off sheesh ive seen little enough of him. i just felt at that important pick there were safer options.
what little i did see of griffiths the big concern was his lack of over head marking or  contested marks and he only ever seemed to get it on the lead. all this from a 200cm or close to it, and  close to 100 kg kid playing against runts.
i dunno i dont just bag for bagging sake i have my reasons always.

tony_montana

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 12:53:53 AM »

bastinac any one.

whos written him off sheesh ive seen little enough of him. i just felt at that important pick there were safer options.
what little i did see of griffiths the big concern was his lack of over head marking or  contested marks and he only ever seemed to get it on the lead. all this from a 200cm or close to it, and  close to 100 kg kid playing against runts.
i dunno i dont just bag for bagging sake i have my reasons always.

whose written him off?  :lol

u just stuck ur neck out saying "bastinac anyone?"  u also rated carlisle and black higher as KPP, so in other words u are saying u feel its a mistake we took him ahead of those 3 at least. and thought u'd get in early to prove ur prowess as a talent spotter no?

'sheesh'  ::)

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 01:49:15 AM »
saw this kid for a half today and he had every right to be drafted at the pick he was. Bastinac, good player, but he isnt some one you can build a team around. we had every right to take a risk on him and i couldnt care less if he takes two years to get his body ,he will be a unit. Every luck to him though he had an intent and desire that few other players had today, and he loves a contest. You can just tell that he will do everything in his power to get back to his best.

Why shouldnt we take risks? conservatism gets you know where. Bastinac will be a so and so midfielder big deal, dime a dozen. The current north side will not achieve any real success in the next ten years dont worry about that.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Tigermonk

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 02:46:22 AM »
result another bad mistake. We have another player who willnot make AFL selection because we draft broken & fragile players
Another Cotchin ?? drafted with ankle problems & continues to have ankle problems  :banghead
Cotchin only did his ankle prior to draft camp and has had achilles and hip injuries since. Not the same injury repeated.

read what l stuffn say  ""drafted with ankle problems & continues to have ankle problems""
Had injuries while playing with Knight season 2007 & played very few games, drafted with less than 2 hand full of games from 2007
Broke his foot with Knights in finals before the draft, had achilles problems recovering prior draft,  had achilles problem after draft,  had hip problem, had achilles problem same side, achilles problem other side, still has achilles problems & is slower than billy the goat at present because of what  :sleep
what is it that your disputing cause he is still suffering achilles problems.  :sleep

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010, 03:03:10 AM »
Everyone in the football world knew Griffiths was a high risk & so of course Richmond will take the risk yep
& what happens  ::) the football world was correct so why does Richmond draft these players

Hey best wishes if he recovers & becomes a Fred Cook but how many players is our club going to have missing half seasons, full seasons,  our list is full of injured players & rebels now

Griffiths aint even played a AFL game & his going to get smashed in them shoulders in a KP 6 times a game.
His going to miss a month now (min) so it was a stupid gamble when we have a very bad list to take RISKS
Richmond needs 95% of thier list playing or we will fall behind lower clubs again & it be another 10 years before something clicks.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 06:38:44 AM »
Everyone in the football world knew Griffiths was a high risk & so of course Richmond will take the risk yep
& what happens  ::) the football world was correct so why does Richmond draft these players

Hey best wishes if he recovers & becomes a Fred Cook but how many players is our club going to have missing half seasons, full seasons,  our list is full of injured players & rebels now

Griffiths aint even played a AFL game & his going to get smashed in them shoulders in a KP 6 times a game.
His going to miss a month now (min) so it was a stupid gamble when we have a very bad list to take RISKS
Richmond needs 95% of thier list playing or we will fall behind lower clubs again & it be another 10 years before something clicks.

u write some interesting stuff and seem to have relevant opinions ie cotch comments are fair although unpopular. My issue is how quickly you jump to the negative without necessarily offering the alternative.  I sometimes get the impression you like to jump on this forum and throw hangranades to get a reaction. Not genuine at all. Not very funky monky.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 10:20:44 AM »
Judd was drafted with a dodgy shoulder and did his shoulder again once he was drafted.  Give it time, you don't even know if it's something serious.

Big difference between a midfielder doing their shoulder and a power forward who relies on their contested marking I can assure you.

josh kennedy of the WCE type also had shoulder problems as a junior being a KPP. going smoothly now.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2010, 10:24:27 AM »
josh kennedy of the WCE type also had shoulder problems as a junior being a KPP. going smoothly now.

Hadn't realised he'd had a reconstruction. Could you point out a link where?

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 10:26:22 AM »
result another bad mistake. We have another player who willnot make AFL selection because we draft broken & fragile players
Another Cotchin ?? drafted with ankle problems & continues to have ankle problems  :banghead
Cotchin only did his ankle prior to draft camp and has had achilles and hip injuries since. Not the same injury repeated.

read what l stuffn say  ""drafted with ankle problems & continues to have ankle problems""
Had injuries while playing with Knight season 2007 & played very few games, drafted with less than 2 hand full of games from 2007
Broke his foot with Knights in finals before the draft, had achilles problems recovering prior draft,  had achilles problem after draft,  had hip problem, had achilles problem same side, achilles problem other side, still has achilles problems & is slower than billy the goat at present because of what  :sleep
what is it that your disputing cause he is still suffering achilles problems.  :sleep

cotchin didn't play many knights games in his draft year cos he's a private school boy and is obliged to play for PEGS when the two clashes.  much like scully with haileybury, hardly played any TAC until late in the season.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 11:55:12 AM »

Hadn't realised he'd had a reconstruction. Could you point out a link where?
Griffiths didn't either

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2010, 11:55:57 AM »
Griffiths didn't either

Yes he did at least that is what the club has said.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2010, 12:02:08 PM »
Griffiths didn't either

Yes he did at least that is what the club has said.
No they didn't
He went in for a reco, but the doctor found when doing the procedure that he only needed a clean up
There is no way he'd be playing football so early in the season if he'd had a reco