Author Topic: Griffith's shoulder injury  (Read 8325 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Griffith's shoulder injury
« on: May 08, 2010, 05:55:25 PM »
Just putting the news  :( here for those that missed the Coburg game today. Griffs off early in the third quarter with a shoulder after kicking 2 goals in the first half. He spent the rest of the game on the bench with the left shoulder iced and strapped up apparently.

Hopefully for Griffs and our sake his shoulder is not as bad as it looked. A real shame if he has re-injured his left shoulder.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Griffith's shoulder injury
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »
allow me to be the first to make full use of the swear filter on this thread.

stuffing HELL
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 07:12:34 PM »
Any news on this?
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »
Drafted busted, Busted again, What type of injury ?? same as he was drafted with.
result another bad mistake. We have another player who willnot make AFL selection because we draft broken & fragile players
Another Cotchin ?? drafted with ankle problems & continues to have ankle problems  :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
Mmmm, bit of a worry, hope he comes good, poor bugger.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
Drafted busted, Busted again, What type of injury ?? same as he was drafted with.
result another bad mistake. We have another player who willnot make AFL selection because we draft broken & fragile players
Another Cotchin ?? drafted with ankle problems & continues to have ankle problems  :banghead
Cotchin only did his ankle prior to draft camp and has had achilles and hip injuries since. Not the same injury repeated.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 09:33:32 PM »
Doesn't look good to be honest but before anyone starts burning the house down and blaming past mistakes lets find out the diagnosis.

From the report the game was shot for Coburg on the scoreboard so maybe he was taken off as precautionary. If it was structural I don't think the ice would have been used and I think he may have been in a sling? May not be as bad as we think but I aint a doctor.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 10:17:36 PM »
result another bad mistake.

If the prognosis is the shoulder's gone again questions definitely deserve to be asked.
Other clubs avoided him because of his shoulder concerns but we took the punt.
Looks like the gamble has backfired.

We anxiously await the outcome..

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 10:22:09 PM »
Judd was drafted with a dodgy shoulder and did his shoulder again once he was drafted.  Give it time, you don't even know if it's something serious.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 10:23:48 PM »
Judd was drafted with a dodgy shoulder and did his shoulder again once he was drafted.  Give it time, you don't even know if it's something serious.

Big difference between a midfielder doing their shoulder and a power forward who relies on their contested marking I can assure you.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »

If the prognosis is the shoulder's gone again questions definitely deserve to be asked.

Right so if it is his shoulder we might as well tell the 18 year old he might as well not bother coming back because he's done for.

Great positivity.  :scream  ::)
EAT EM ALIVE!

tony_montana

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 10:47:15 PM »

couldn't have done it badly though, from memory he played round 2 and never looked back. Can't recall him missing many games due to a shoulder.

Considering he heabutted the ground in angst its safe to assume griff knew it wasn't good  :(

the claw

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 11:15:38 PM »

yep im gunna be an arse hole and in the same breath hope the kid can fulfill the potential they saw in him.
bastinac any one.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 11:27:27 PM »

yep im gunna be an behind hole and in the same breath hope the kid can fulfill the potential they saw in him.
bastinac any one.

stuff off.  Surely we haven't started these games already.  :banghead :banghead :banghead  :scream
EAT EM ALIVE!

the claw

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 11:40:39 PM »

yep im gunna be an behind hole and in the same breath hope the kid can fulfill the potential they saw in him.
bastinac any one.

eff off.  Surely we haven't started these games already.  :banghead :banghead :banghead  :scream
oh dear a sensitive one. ive already been lambasted on this site at draft time  just thought id let those who know better know. ya know when one claims something its always hindsight  well before the dim wits claim its easy in hindsight as always happens i thought id get in first.
will repeat again i thought bastinac an A grader along with bartlett also thought black and carlisle safer better kpp options. in the past i have let comments go and refused to pull my own chain but theres far to many stuff wits who are ready to jump in and give it to ya so why not let em know.
i have always stood by what i say and have copped it on the chin when ive been wrong  so with that eff off dim wit.