Author Topic: SOS Mark 2- Ramps Style: Operation 60,000  (Read 2035 times)

PuntRdRoar

SOS Mark 2- Ramps Style: Operation 60,000
« on: November 30, 2004, 07:21:55 PM »
4 million dollar debt is shocking, but we have one thing that no one can take away and thats the supporters. We were first to a million supporters in 1980. Theres hundreds of thousands of yellow and black devotees, so i have my solution and its Operation 60,000.

Richmond should just come out and try and blow away all opposition when it comes to membership numbers...my view is one day all of the big clubs will be parading membership numbers of between 50-60,000 people. So why not do it now! A fully fledged campaign...to get 60,000 for 2005- thats an increase of 33,000 members- people will say im peeed but i know one thing Richmond supporters love their club...come out...lay it on the line...60,000 to blow away the pies and the dons, to pay off our debt and have money in the bank by end of 2005.

Whose with me lol :cheers

Bulluss

Re: SOS Mark 2- Ramps Style: Operation 60,000
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 09:31:34 PM »
I have signed up already so theres only 59,999 to go.

In reality in think theres fat chance

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 10:20:48 PM »
59,998 to go RT :thumbsup

Although in the future we may be able to eventually generate 40K even 50K members (approx. 10% of total Tiger supporters 400-450K), I don't believe we'll get near that number until our supporters see some lasting on-field success to convince them to jump on the bandwagon. Too many false dawns and promises over the past 10-15 years. We've budgeted in 2005 for roughly the same number of members as this year so even if we get around 30K which is very realistic with Wallace now in charge then we'll be way ahead of forecasts. 

That million supporters mark set in 1980 was for total attendances over 25 matches IIRC. Not total Tiger supporters. 

Btw we are $745K in debt (assets minus liabilities - first time since 95) out of a total turnover of $22m. Not $4m in debt! We have a $3.3m overdraft. If whoever ends up on the board can't manage that scenario given everyone is now fully aware of the pitfalls of overestimating then they truly are incompetent. Be like deciding to sell your house because you have a mortgage on it even though you can make the repayments ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 12:24:56 AM »
Ive just said what I heard on media...lost millions over last 3 years. Neverthless i wanna see a yellow and black tidal wave at the G. I bet in the club database theyve probably got 100,000 names of people who have brought memberships over past 10-15 years. Its possible.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 02:24:21 AM »
I think I once heard or read somewhere RT that we have a huge number of names on our lapsed member database. At least double if not more than actual members.   

Get a winning team on the park playing exciting footy RT and Operation 60,000 will go into overdrive  :thumbsup

froars

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 02:35:13 AM »
I thought they lost their records MT - don't their records only go back to about 1990?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 02:47:30 AM »
I thought they lost their records MT - don't their records only go back to about 1990?

I don't have a clue where and when I remember seeing this. It might have been around this time last year when we started the "it's in your blood" rewards campaign and the Club mentioned they only had records dating back to 94 as you were saying. I just remember a quick comment mentioning we had a whole heap of names on some database. For some reason 50-60,000 keeps popping into my head but maybe that's RT's fault  ;D.

froars

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 02:51:15 AM »
Well RT's idea sounds far-fetched - but i guess he's right in a way - we really do have to start thinking about somehow getting all these people back to the club - and there's lots of them.  The only way is consistently making the finals - here's hoping!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 12:43:40 PM »
The database goes back to 1995 I believe - that's what I was told when we were sorting out my R&R status :thumbsup

Ive just said what I heard on media...lost millions over last 3 years. Neverthless i wanna see a yellow and black tidal wave at the G. I bet in the club database theyve probably got 100,000 names of people who have brought memberships over past 10-15 years. Its possible.

Yeap we have lost clos to $3 million on 2 years but we are only $745k in debt and considering that every member is liable for the debts of the Company to the tune of $50 each - I am not overly concerned about our "debt" ;)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)