Author Topic: Two steps forward, one step back (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1887 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Two steps forward, one step back (Herald-Sun)
« on: May 25, 2010, 01:08:20 AM »
TWO STEPS FORWARD, ONE STEP BACK.
Mark Robinson
Herald-Sun
May 24, 2010 4:20PM

LIKE many, I have allowed Richmond a period of grace as it finds out who can play and who can't, and who wants to work and who doesn't.

The previous two weeks, against Adelaide in Adelaide and against Hawthorn at the ‘G, which after yesterday was a better effort than we realised, the embattled Tigers showed an acceptable level of effort and accountability.

Their first quarter, however, in the Dreamtime clash, was Richmond at its worst: Unaccountable, lacklustre and error-ridden.

The Bombers kicked seven goals in 15 minutes, and while they can be a dangerous side, they ain't Geelong.

The despair on the faces of Tigers fans at the 20-minute mark of the first quarter was absolute. They were angry because they felt betrayed, their hopes raised over the past fortnight washed away in their fury.

Veteran Ben Cousins is a major concern and if he wants to play next year, as he stated in a recent interview. He requires a rapid improvement in energy. If not, he is a list clogger and coach Damien Hardwick will have to move on from him at the end of the season at best, mid-season at worst.

Cousins looks slow and for some reason - either his subconscious because of injury or the pace of the game - he is not kicking the ball.

His past three weeks have returned seven kicks, 16 handballs (against Fremantle), 10 kicks, 16 handballs (Geelong) and just six kicks, 11 handballs against the Bombers.

He missed two weeks, and that might be an excuse, but for the first time this year, in my eyes, Cousins played like Brett Kirk, an old-time warrior in a young man's war.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-tackle-iphone-app-version/story-e6frf9jf-1225870626952

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Two steps forward, one step back (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:06:01 AM »
what a wanker.  The fury and despair on my face was that the umpires were shafting us at the 20 minute mark and I wanted to jump down and belt the snot out of them.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 08:24:18 AM »
what a wanker.  The fury and despair on my face was that the umpires were shafting us at the 20 minute mark and I wanted to jump down and belt the snot out of them.

Spot on Owl.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 10:19:59 AM »
Did the AFL sack that ump that gave Essendon 11 frees to 1?

If they haven't,then surely they are a corrupt organisation.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 11:55:46 AM »

our error riddled efforts in the first had nothing to do with the umps pal. Jack was awarded a gift pre bounce that was rubbish but couldn't convert.
Article is absolutely spot on.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 01:04:41 PM »

our error riddled efforts in the first had nothing to do with the umps pal. Jack was awarded a gift pre bounce that was rubbish but couldn't convert.

You can run your tongue up and down the journo's ring piece all you like cobber digger buddy 'pal' chum bro, but biased umpiring that I and everyone else sitting at the effing game witnessed made for a lopsided contest that made the bombers look better than they were cobber digger buddy 'pal' chum bro.  Several bombers fans commented on it at the game to me including my mate who barracks for the effers.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:21:00 PM by Owl »

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 01:13:33 PM »
Has an 0-9 side ever had so many newspaper articles written about them?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Con65

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 01:25:56 PM »
Daniel...i agree...the umps didnt kick the 7 goals in 15 mins...

As for Cousins, it is sad but true, he looks a shadow of his former self.  On current form, I would doubt he will get another contract for next year.  He seems to look hurried to me and slightly slow over the ground....

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 01:31:01 PM »

You can run your tongue up and down the journo's ring piece all you like cobber digger buddy 'pal' chum bro, but biased umpiring that I and everyone else sitting at the effing game witnessed made for a lopsided contest that made the bombers look better than they were cobber digger buddy 'pal' chum bro.  Several bombers fans commented on it at the game to me including my mate who barracks for the effers.

i must be the only one at the g who doesnt give a flying farq about the umpiring as much as some of you lot. fair dinkum if you think thats why we lost well you have problems.

Whilst the umpring wasn't up to scratch it must be said that it happens in most games. You make it out like its some big conspiracy against us.

You think the umpring had something to do with David Hills smashing us all over the ground.

You should watch the Crows/Brisbane game and see if the umpring was mickey mouse there.

Plain and simple we lost because we lacked the polish and fire power up forward & in the ruck. Has absolutely nothing to do with umpring.

You remind me of those whinging little Carlton limp who call up SEN after their game complaining you lost because of the umpires.  Get over it!!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 06:57:26 PM »

You remind me of those whinging little Carlton limps who call up SEN after their game complaining you lost because of the umpires.  Get over it!!
  And your remind me of most puny, sterile, emasculated, insignificant, whiney, overcompensating, limp d!cked, jackoff, loudmouthed, internet jerkoffs, that have to score points to feel some sort of ego verification online.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 07:20:38 PM »

i must be the only one at the g who doesnt give a flying farq about the umpiring as much as some of you lot. fair dinkum if you think thats why we lost well you have problems.

Whilst the umpring wasn't up to scratch it must be said that it happens in most games. You make it out like its some big conspiracy against us.

You think the umpring had something to do with David Hills smashing us all over the ground.

You should watch the Crows/Brisbane game and see if the umpring was mickey mouse there.

Plain and simple we lost because we lacked the polish and fire power up forward & in the ruck. Has absolutely nothing to do with umpring.

You remind me of those whinging little Carlton limps who call up SEN after their game complaining you lost because of the umpires.  Get over it!!

I let the umps do their job. They are right 95% of the time and if we are 1 free to 10 to the opposition i put it down to the opposition going in harder. They go by the rules but sometimes the rules suck such as 50m for being in a protected area. Stupid rules that  8)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »
I just wish Robbo could write properly.
The man has slits for eyes due to the massive fat deposits on his cheeks.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 07:40:52 PM »

And your remind me of most puny, sterile, emasculated, insignificant, whiney, overcompensating, limp d!cked, jackoff, loudmouthed, internet jerkoffs, that have to score points to feel some sort of ego verification online.

touch a nerve did i bloke

truth must hurt hence your reply

i look forward with such enthusiasm to hearing u on Finey's final siren complaning about the umpires with all the other gino's and vitos from Princess Park. :thumbsup

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 07:57:30 PM »
lol gimp reply with a touch of racism, have another try.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
As for Cousins, it is sad but true, he looks a shadow of his former self.  On current form, I would doubt he will get another contract for next year.  He seems to look hurried to me and slightly slow over the ground....

Agree totally.
That is the crux of this article.
Cuz right now is nowhere near the player he has been for most of his career.