Author Topic: Would you vote for Miller?  (Read 6177 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Would you vote for Miller?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2004, 04:49:28 PM »
15-zip. I think that's a yes from OER ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2004, 11:50:52 PM »
I decided 4 days ago that I would be supporting the CC ticket.

My reasons are posted below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: londontiger on Yesterday at 08:01:20 PM
I have decided I will be voting for Casey and his ticket.

Reasons,

1.  We have a financial plan that the AFL has endorsed (regardless of who put it together)
2.  We are moving the right way to secure more memberships in 2005.  I firmly this is not the right time for the alternative ticket.
3.  Miller is guaranteed to be around by voting the Casey ticket
4.  Miller has been given the green light by Wright and Wallace, two men I would suggest would speak out if there was trouble brewing in the future.
5.  Casey will be accountable.   His past dealings have been poor, but he is not alone.  Welsh, Schwab and Macek have all sat on recent Richmond boards, and are accountable.
6.  The Big 4 vision lost me at the very beginning when they discussed how in 1999 we were on the verge of better things and Casey had destroyed all this good work.  I remember in 1999, we had just signed 4 players on $$$$, upto our 4th coach in the previous 5 year period, NO one wanted to coach us and we ended up with Frawley, traded away draft picks for duds.  Surely 5 years on we have made POSITIVE CHANGES under this board???
7.  This board election has ended up splitting the supporter base, and as such RFC will be an unsettled place regardless of the outcome.  Whatever can be done to settle the club is what is required.  Voting the incumbants with Miller and O'Shannassy I see as the best course of action
8.  I feel much more comfortable with the current structure and positive steps to ensure our footy club takes the relevent measures to survive.  It is a case of better the devil you know.  This statement includes Miller.
9.  There is no new blood for me to get excited about with the alternative ticket, and I have previously stated my concerns about Macek not having time to run for the board 5 or so months ago, and only running when presidency was beckoning.
10. I feel this whole situation will make sure that whoever sits on any RFC board in the future is accountable to all its members.  This I can only say is a good thing.
11. Change was the outcome wanted by the alternative supporters, and I believe change has occured and will continue to occur, under the current board.
12.  I want the team to concentrate on football and football alone.  I believe that stability of voting in the existing board will deliver this.

I expect to be shot down on this, but I am aware of many voters coming to this conclusion as well.

At the end of the day, I have stated that whoever gets in will get my full support, and I hope other supporters feel the same way.

Just picked up on the interpretation of this post.

5.  Casey will be accountable.   His past dealings have been poor, but he is not alone.  Welsh, Schwab and Macek have all sat on recent Richmond boards, and are accountable.

To Clarify:

Charles Macek was not a board member during the well documented last two poor trading performances. 2003 and 2004.

Macek was on the board in 1999, when decisions documented above were made.  RE: Danny Frawley being the best available coach we could sign, and the bloodless coup which saw Casey step onto the board by Daphne standing down.

Offline Whatever it takes

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2004, 08:17:56 AM »
Hi all,

My first post here. Hopefully, you don't hate me too much and this won't be my last.

I'm sick of PRE - the censorship of all things that are anti the alternative and the bias of a particular R... person. Having read that site for some time, I can no longer stomach their manipulative ways.

Anyway, I agree with all of you pro-Miller people. LondonT, I read your post on the other site yesterday and totally agree.

I just posted back my ballot, choosing 7 from Casey's ticket and 2 from the altrenative (but definitely not Schwab, Welsh or Wood).

I only hope that the members who aren't on websites or talkback choose to actually exercise their vote.  Let's hope we here can all convince another 3/4 people that we know are RFC members to vote this way.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2004, 09:21:44 AM »
Hi all,

My first post here. Hopefully, you don't hate me too much and this won't be my last.

Hi there Whatever it takes,

Welcome to OER :cheers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2004, 09:45:54 AM »

Excellent post LT - not because you are voting for the Casey ticket but because of the clarity in your reasoning.

Accountability is an interestng one I reckon. If there is one good thing that should and will come out of this whole saga is accountability.

Whoever wins (but especially more so if it's the incumbents) the accountability to the members will be at the forefront, rather than some after thought as it appears to have been for sometime. We will be watching, asking even demanding answers at every turn - transperancy :cheers

« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 01:05:27 PM by WilliamPowell »

froars

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 01:03:59 PM »
Put mine in this morning - straight down the Casey ticket - sorry 1980 lol

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2004, 02:13:27 PM »
Put mine in this morning - straight down the Casey ticket - sorry 1980 lol

Yep - staright down the Casey ticket for mine too - lets hope we get it right  :cheers :santa

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2004, 05:41:23 PM »
2 from our houselhold - Casey 1 - 9 :lol

Life goes on

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2004, 08:15:22 PM »
lets hope its a landslide victory and we can celebrate more than Xmas on the 22nd !

Bulluss

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2004, 08:38:10 PM »
i have voted for the Casey ticket also, cant stand schwab and they know people dont like him.

thats why we dont hear much from him anymore.

Life goes on

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2004, 08:49:06 PM »
Brendan Who ? :lol

froars

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2004, 09:05:25 PM »
I had great misgivings voting for Casey, but truly believe I like the direction the club is going in lately - and that's mainly thru what Miller's doing.  No choice really but to ensure Miller stays - had to vote down the CC ticket.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2004, 09:00:03 AM »
I am still waiting for my voting papers - i think I've been sabotaged :'( :help

It is even more suspect when other household members got the voting papers on Tuesday :help

I wil be contacting PWC today - I am on a mission and I will not be silenced :thumbsup

Offline Roar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • Tigers to thrive in 2005
    • www.yellowandbBlack.info/ - Where true Tigers Roar
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2004, 07:14:28 PM »
Yes I've already voted For Miller having talked to and corresponded with him over the the course of the year I know he is a man driven by a desire for success and Plough is the same. This is personal for these blokes.

GO TIGES !!!                   Roar

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2004, 07:36:29 PM »
Well the papers have finally arrived and it wil be faxed through first thing tomorrow.

:thumbsup :thumbsup

Also, and I only heard the first 30 minutes - Greg Miller was on SEN this evening at 5.00pm was taking calls from Tiger fans.