Author Topic: Caro watch  (Read 9058 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Caro watch
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 01:34:39 PM »
After reading this weekends gem from Caro - I agree with Jake we need to sticky this topic - some of this is priceless :help

Firstly......

From...http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/12/11/1102625584492.html?oneclick=true

"This column has devoted copious amounts of space to Greg Miller over the years and it is fitting as the year draws to a close that we do so again as football's popular and charismatic wheeler-dealer puts the finishing touches on yet another deal."

Merry Xmas Caro and a happy new year :P ;D

and this .....

"Should Casey lose - and this columnist believes he does not deserve another term and questions his motivation in trying to stay - then Miller will go and Terry Wallace will be forced to find a new recruiting man."

I would never would have guessed that the writer believes Casey doesn't deserve another term - I am absolutely shocked by that one :o :gobdrop as for motivation - I hear it's because he wants to give you something to write about Caro ;D

and finally ... and people reckon I am biased  ::)

"Macek's ticket boasts more skills and is more diverse than Casey's and again it is unfair to criticise the fact that Brendan Schwab and Peter Welsh served during the Casey-Frawley years when Casey ran his board largely as a one-man band and both directors quit because they had lost faith in him."

Question 1 about diverse skills - would have been nice for this to be explain as to why? I mean who says?

Question 2 - why is it unfair (and gee the Caro bias surfaces here IMO) to criticise Schwab and Weslh. The fact is whether Caro or anyone else wants to recognise it is very very simple - they were both on the board durng the last 5 years. Schwab was in charge of the Governance Comitteee that presented the last budget to the board. Now Caro may not deem any of this relevant but it is to me and it is about responsibility. As for this continually one man band business - who says Caro - the 2 blokes you keep defending?

R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y: not a new concept Caro

As a RFC member Caro should declare a conflict of interest. She should state quite clearly that she is voting for one side and that she is biased.

She has no problems stating that Miller has a conflict of interest :banghead

Conflict what conflict :help :help

I have said it once and I'll say it again in my eyes Caro has no credibility on this topic - she has been extrememtly biased on this topic since she ran her first piece on Brendan Schwab back in Mar/April

Oh well :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Undertaker

• Tiger Rookie
  • What we need 'round here is a little more respect
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 08:11:14 PM »
What constitutes a conflict of interest?  ::)

If a certain candidate were to "tickle the fancy" ;) or "stroke the ego'  :-X of impressionable females who under normal circumstances would struggle to attract attention and in return receives favourable free publicity is this not dirty pool? 

Or is all fair in football and politics? :shh

Like the Deadman(Wrestlemania 13-0) the Richmond Tiger will again rise to the top of the jungle where he so rightfully belongs.

Ox

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2004, 08:43:27 PM »
What constitutes a conflict of interest?  ::)

If a certain candidate were to "tickle the fancy" ;) or "stroke the ego'  :-X of impressionable females who under normal circumstances would struggle to attract attention and in return receives favourable free publicity is this not dirty pool? 

Or is all fair in football and politics? :shh

I like the boy!  :thumbsup

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2004, 01:36:12 PM »
This campaign has opened my eyes to a few things and it just floors me how people in the media, press and radio make totally ignorant comments about something they know very little and sometimes absolutely nothing about.  If they knew even a little bit of the history of RFC then you could accept their views if they were based on the whole picture, rather than just the last 5 years.

What’s more aggravating is that even so-called “informed” opinions are irresponsible and unbalanced in their comments and present half the story they want told and throw in token references to the other side of the debate, just to make it look like they are switched on and even-handed.  We wouldn’t want professionalism to get in the way of personal bias, would we?

Maybe it’s me who needs to open my other eye, but throughout this whole thing, no one has been able to explain what the alternative group offers.  And when commentators say “it’s time for change”, what do they mean and why?  On the basis of what?  None of them explain that.  We’re supposed to follow, like sheep, and hang on to every word they say.  Fortunately, most people can think for themselves.

We all know the last 5 years has been unacceptable but that’s not enough reason to change, to me.  Because that’s exactly what’s been the problem with this footy club over the last 20+ years.  These people just don’t get that and don’t understand that it hasn’t worked before.  So why will it work now?  And why will people who have been there before and who are prepared to find scapegoats and someone to blame when things go wrong make a difference now?  Won’t they just give us more of what we’ve had?  Haven’t we all had enough of running around in circles and always getting back to solving all our problems the same way they were created?

Caro’s entitled to her opinion.  But if she reckons she’s been professional throughout this campaign then I haven’t seen where.  I don’t mind if someone’s opinion is different to mine, but where’s the credibility in her argument?

She explains her call for change by saying that Casey has been there long enough. What if the alternative openly demonstrates they have even less of a clue?  Do we actually care about Richmond here?
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Hammerfire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2004, 08:58:54 PM »

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 10:14:27 PM »
Still waiting.

Offline Hammerfire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2004, 08:08:04 PM »
....................................  :sleep :sleep

froars

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 02:25:57 AM »
stuff, the Herald Sun says to me
Clinton Casey is history
The devil incarnate, no match for Schwabee
If you don’t believe me, read PRE

But we’re no fools on OER
We think for ourselves, we know we’ll go far
With Miller and Tezza and Brett Deledio
We’ll shove it up Caro
That prune-faced journo lol

:santa :birthday :santa
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 02:43:01 AM by Moi »

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 09:30:35 AM »
Who would have thought that Moi had such eloquence.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 09:39:03 AM »
I was trying to think of what to say about Moi's verse. ;D
What you said will do Julz. 8)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

froars

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 09:44:19 AM »
Oh, that's real big of you two  :rollin

Offline Hammerfire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2004, 08:21:27 PM »
 :sleep

Offline Hammerfire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2004, 07:19:45 PM »
Wilson's article for tomorrow:

Tiger's future in doubt after Casey victory

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2004, 07:32:12 PM »
I am sooooooo looking forward to Caro's editorial tomorrow - a bit of Xmas cheer, I am  :gobdrop :gobdrop :gobdrop

Should be great value - though going by toda'y efforts on 3AW - she was talking about the tigers perhaps grabbing a spot in the bottom of the 8 :o

And she referred to Richmond as "WE"

:rollin :rollin it's gonna be priceless
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2004, 07:48:05 PM »
Wilson's article for tomorrow:

Tiger's future in doubt after Casey victory

LMAOO