Author Topic: Alternative ticket's brochure/info  (Read 6402 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Alternative ticket's brochure/info
« on: December 03, 2004, 05:20:09 AM »
A copy of the Alternative ticket's 12 page brochure can be found on Rhett Bartlett's site - Rhettrospective.

http://www.rhettrospective.com/Big%204.pdf

Not sure if this is the one that contravened the election rules but in any case here it is for everyone to disect and compare their "vision" with that from Casey's side in articles from the FTB and the Annual Report. Good points, bad points, etc... 

« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 02:14:53 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Alternative ticket's brochure
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 07:03:21 AM »
Nuthin' wrong with being proud of yer dad, but geez some of the offspring of our club legends have no shame. First Rhett putting his old man in the top 10 Richmond coaches ever, and then Paul Wright agreeing to be credited with his late old man's achievements for the purpose of an election campaign.... I think they could have left it (final page) as Paul Wright (Son of Roy Wright).

froars

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 08:47:01 AM »
Is this brochure going to get posted to the supporters anyway - privately or what?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 09:07:36 AM »
A copy of the Alternative ticket's 12 page brochure can be found on Rhett Bartlett's site - Rhettrospective.

http://www.rhettrospective.com/Big%204.pdf

Not sure if this is the one that contravened the election rules but in any case here it is for everyone to disect and compare their "vision" with that from Casey's side in articles from the FTB and the Annual Report. Good points, bad points, etc... 

It is what they wanted to send out.

I had a read - I am still dissecting it  ;) stay tuned - although there is one thing that got me fired up - I know hard to believe but true ;D

Is this brochure going to get posted to the supporters anyway - privately or what?

They only way the members can get is either by dowloading it of Rhett's or any other site (funny how they haven't contacted OER perhaps we don't fall into their demograhpic ;) >:() or if they post it to members directly themselves at their cost.

And I ask how could they do that - they would need to access the data base to get the addresses and wonder whether under the privacy legislation they could access it without people's permission.

Fact is they stuffed up with this brochure - the constitution clearly states that this form brochure was not admissiable

« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 09:09:29 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 10:29:30 AM »
- the constitution clearly states that this form brochure was not admissiable

I remember reading somewhere, the other day, about candidates having to lodge a one page outline of their credentials, for voting purposes, by the required deadline.

I don’t know a whole about the whole process, but when I heard they had a glossy brochure, I thought it must have been totally separate to what is to be sent to members, with voting papers.

Not sure if I can bring myself to read it all.  If I read the whole thing there’s a strong possibility I may need tranquilising, before, during and after.  Haven’t even read it and my blood’s already boiling.

Just from the first few paragraphs, they go on about the last five years.  No mention of the previous 20 being a disaster, which seem to have conveniently been wiped from their collective memories.  Have they been following the same Richmond, or are they talking about a different Richmond?

What it all boils down to is that this is nothing more than a ‘get Casey’ campaign and they’re prepared to split the Club to do it and regardless of the potential fallout.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 11:06:32 AM »
Not sure if I can bring myself to read it all.  If I read the whole thing there’s a strong possibility I may need tranquilising, before, during and after.  Haven’t even read it and my blood’s already boiling.

:rollin :rollin

Poor TS - PASS THE VALIUM

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 11:23:58 AM »
I tell ya WP, I’ll be glad to see the back of this whole *&!@#$^%&**()(_)(*&^^% thing.  Only 19 days to go, but hey, who’s counting?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 11:55:46 AM »
I tell ya WP, I’ll be glad to see the back of this whole *&!@#$^%&**()(_)(*&^^% thing.  Only 19 days to go, but hey, who’s counting?

:gobdrop :gobdrop :gobdrop

TS - I am shocked such language - could be the swear bench for you ;D

And actually I just read the BIG4's brochure - hmmmmmmmmm  ::) ::)

I was wondering seeing there are 9 of them trying to be the BIG4 does it mean they are .4444444 of a person each? :-\

It was what I expected alot of "what we are going to do" but no "this how we will do it".

Oops I forgot there is a helluva lot of "in the last 5 years" too - can't forget that can we  :help
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 11:58:41 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 11:57:32 AM »
I can't believe that Humphris put down that he was instrumental in the 'Save Our Skins' campaign' Well DUH - he was Treasurer between 1986 and 1993...when was SOS...1990. Why did we need SOS - because we were broke and going out of business.....remind me again who was Treasurer prior to SOS. :banghead
We finished wooden spooners twice in his time on the board - in fact the highest we finished in this period was 10th...and there weren't 16 clubs either.

Macek - gee we did well on the field when he was on the board as well - 9, 3, 9, 13 and 9.

How many coaches did we go through while these 2 were on RFC boards? So much for stability.
The brochure conveniently overlooks the fact that we've been crap for a hell of a lot longer than the last five years.

This brochure contains so much about RFC belonging to the fans - what fans has this group spoken to. Only the coterie fans...not the plebs like us :banghead Honest and open communication - the RFC boards these guys were on didn't talk to fans :banghead They didn't reward fans - gee it was under Casey's regime that the reward and recognition program came in.

I wish I hadn't read it, cause it's made me madder than I already was, but in the interests of being informed I thought I'd better.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 12:02:52 PM »
I think bg25 may need some of TS's valium.

Geez I don't think there is going to be enough to go round.

I wish I hadn't read it, cause it's made me madder than I already was, but in the interests of being informed I thought I'd better.

That's the reason I read it too - because I have researched everything else -  in the interest of being responsible I had to read this too.

The comments about the JDF have got me fuming I must say -  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 12:27:16 PM »

I wanted to read it for the same reasons bg25.  But didn’t because I knew I’d end up like you have.  Maybe I’ll tackle it in small doses.  Wonder if I read it backwards if that would make a difference.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 12:32:07 PM »
Alot of fluff in that glossy brochure.  Alot of fluff coming out of the incumbents also.  I don't pay much attention to fluff.

Alot of "during the past 5 years" 's in the brochure.  I have a memory - I know what happened in the past 5 years.  I was there.

Alot of looking in the rear view mirror stuff.  Don't take much notice of that.

I know what happened in the past - Bad.

I know what's happening now - good.

I can feel what's gonna happen in the future - exciting.

If Casey is so evil, then why is Miller so adamant that he is the right man to lead us to success.  Does Miller know something that no-one else knows ?  Does Casey have explicit photo's of Miller ?

What's the go ?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 12:34:27 PM by Harry Hedgehog »
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 01:25:58 PM »
Much ado about nothing.  High on the spin-o-meter, low on the sincerity.  You could easily shoot down most, if not all of it.

Take away all the huff and puff and what’s left is a whole lot of meaningless words with nothing much to back it up with.

Having a whole lot of uninformed past players backing them doesn’t add any more credence to the whole thing than it had before and doesn’t make me want to go vote for them.  There’d be more chance of me voting for Jack the Ripper as father of the year.

If this group had any credibility, they would have identified all the problems of the past, not just the last 5 years.  They didn’t even come close to addressing the real problems within the football club.  I suppose they couldn’t address them when they don’t know what they are.

Never once have the identified why this Club has under-performed and achieved as it has all these years.  Not just the last 5, but the all the ones before that too.  That’s what I’m interested in knowing about.  I want to know if they can stop that rot.  Clearly not, because they haven’t even mentioned it.  And because of that, their campaign is without just cause.

According to them, RFC has only had problems in the last five years.  Apparently, before that we were a thriving, vibrant team and club.  :banghead :banghead :banghead  Someone pass the valium please.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 01:34:13 PM »
Exactly my view aswell Harry

I already know what has happened in our past, i want to know how things will be fixed for our future and how we are going to go about it.

Havent seen anything of the like yet. sick and tired of hearing about what we did 20 years ago and hearing what our heros of yesterday have to say to make us feel better, i want to be able to start gloating about how we are going now.

For the first time in donkeys years I have actually been excited to see Miller and Wallace working together, I want to see it continue.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 01:57:57 PM »
The very first paragraph lost me.

They stated that 5 years ago we had a team that was emerging as a force (or something along those line).  This spells DELUDED with a capital D.E.L.U.D.E.D.  We were no where near an emerging force then and our list was just as bad as the list last year.  If they can't realise this with the aid if hindsight then how can they lead a club to success when careful planning is required. 

I don't care about penny pinching and conservatively breaking even while finishing thereabouts.  Take some risks and go for glory.  Sure you will hit some massive lows like what we experienced during the past 2 years, but the peaks will mind blowing.  Time to go full throttle !!
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?