Author Topic: Out Of Africa  (Read 25863 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Out Of Africa
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2010, 07:26:34 AM »
Well, I need a mine underneath my house, just a short one, so I can do my special art projects
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2010, 08:09:30 AM »
good luck with your new job. It would be a great experience working in another country no doubt especially one like africa that has such a different culture.

Thanks T101, yes very much looking forward to it, always looking for good people over there too. Different culture is one of the main reasons I am going, everyone should experience a different culture IMO, I have been to England and Scotland but Zambian people are amazing!

Im a good person! can I come over??? lolol
Seriously, good luck to you, stay safe :gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2010, 09:47:12 AM »
Hi all

Back in the Country for 3 weks, have the new computer to take back...... so I am back. Hope you have all been well, Tiges had a good year really IMO, looking forward to next year.

Welcome back you old bastard.

How were the mines?

'65

Hi mate, thanks, good to be back. The mines were very very interesting, certainly nothing I have encounted in my years of Mining!!
What was different WAT?

Mate where do I start... um the entire culture, food, weather, its just a real eye opener.
Welcome back WAT. Was there any way to watch AFL games over there?

Thanks MT, I get DSTV over there which is like Foxtel and they replay the Friday night games every Saturday morning, so I tape them.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2010, 09:48:03 AM »
Well, I need a mine underneath my house, just a short one, so I can do my special art projects

Hey Owl...... how the hell have you been mate, good to see you are still alive. :lol

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2010, 09:51:27 AM »
good luck with your new job. It would be a great experience working in another country no doubt especially one like africa that has such a different culture.

Thanks T101, yes very much looking forward to it, always looking for good people over there too. Different culture is one of the main reasons I am going, everyone should experience a different culture IMO, I have been to England and Scotland but Zambian people are amazing!

Im a good person! can I come over??? lolol
Seriously, good luck to you, stay safe :gotigers

Thanks mate, yeah you can come.

"Rucks:

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2010, 12:52:09 PM »
Good Luck over there WAT... Lot of..Rock for Cash eh!  ;D

Regarding Africa and its descent into corruption and I agree with Smokey that Western influence and colonisation totally screwed Africa.
The tribal system, although sometimes brutal worked for thousands of years. It maintained a sense of social order through the elder system and they lived off the land knowing nothing of the riches that lay underground, but once colonisation commenced, radicals were introduced such as modern weapons, the unearthing of immensely valuable minerals and of course with that came greed and the almighty dollar.

The west threw in political systems and laws that the indigenous people had no idea how to operate or control and once the colonisers got what they needed they were gone. What was left was anarchy and opportunistic cashed up twisted individuals who no longer had respect for elders or the tribal system now that they had a taste for the power and trappings of the western lifestyle and the only way they knew how to maintain this new lifestyle was through violence and the oppression of their own people.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2010, 01:34:49 PM »
Good Luck over there WAT... Lot of..Rock for Cash eh!  ;D

Regarding Africa and its descent into corruption and I agree with Smokey that Western influence and colonisation totally screwed Africa.
The tribal system, although sometimes brutal worked for thousands of years. It maintained a sense of social order through the elder system and they lived off the land knowing nothing of the riches that lay underground, but once colonisation commenced, radicals were introduced such as modern weapons, the unearthing of immensely valuable minerals and of course with that came greed and the almighty dollar.

The west threw in political systems and laws that the indigenous people had no idea how to operate or control and once the colonisers got what they needed they were gone. What was left was anarchy and opportunistic cashed up twisted individuals who no longer had respect for elders or the tribal system now that they had a taste for the power and trappings of the western lifestyle and the only way they knew how to maintain this new lifestyle was through violence and the oppression of their own people.

Got that about right Tiga.  :thumbsup

And welcome back WAT, good to see you back on here.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2010, 06:08:25 PM »
Yeah pretty well on the money Tiga, aand thanks Smokey, good to back, I really missed the site and the people on it actually.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2010, 07:19:48 PM »
Welcome back WAT. All cashed up you can upgrade on the chopper on your avatar. :thumbsup

Your back just in time for the pre trade shenanigans and debates on whether experienced players or kids are the go. :rollin :lol :rollin

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »
Welcome back WAT. All cashed up you can upgrade on the chopper on your avatar. :thumbsup

Your back just in time for the pre trade shenanigans and debates on whether experienced players or kids are the go. :rollin :lol :rollin

Hey there TB, how are you mate, thanks for the welcome back, great to be back. Mate I dont think there is much more I can do to the bike... well without losing the missus.. :lol

Ah the good old debate about kids V's experience...love it. :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2010, 09:10:17 PM »

Hey Owl...... how the hell have you been mate, good to see you are still alive. :lol
[/quote]
just barely mate.  Good to see you back in the melee, few more of us have joined the forum to give u all the shell grits since you last were on lol.  We were too boring at our other haunt apparently.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2010, 12:31:24 AM »

just barely mate.  Good to see you back in the melee, few more of us have joined the forum to give u all the shell grits since you last were on lol.  We were too boring at our other haunt apparently.
[/quote]

lol, great, its blokes like you that make this forum. :thumbsup :thumbsup

"Rucks:

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2010, 03:43:37 PM »

Just checked your stats WAT.

You have been "missing" for three months.

What was the holiday for?

Drink driving?  Possession of an illegal firearm? Fraud? Assault?

:lol

:outtahere

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2010, 04:37:20 PM »

Just checked your stats WAT.

You have been "missing" for three months.

What was the holiday for?

Drink driving?  Possession of an illegal firearm? Fraud? Assault?

:lol

:outtahere

10 weeks actually 1965, and it was for all of the above... :lol

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »
Only ten weeks for all that? I think this needs to merged with the justice system is a joke thread  :whistle    :outtahere
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI