Author Topic: Site Interruption - database error - we're finally back  (Read 3150 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Site Interruption - database error - we're finally back
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:24:46 AM »
Looks like we're finally back ..... Phew!

Our host was migrating the whole site to a new server and one of the tables belonging to the forum became severely corrupted which put us out of action for virtually 3 days  :scream. As the problem was at their end there was nothing we could do about it to fix it.

The site should have been back up last night but another bug appeared which thankfully after a bit of investigation on the SMF forum and some basic knowledge of the MySQL language I was able to fix myself.

Many thanks should go to WP for getting the forum back online after "discussions" with our host.

At the moment the forum looks different in the default colours and theme of SMF but I'll fix that later on when I get some time.

Thanks to everyone for their emails of concern and their patience.

Cheers,

WP and MT.

Ramps

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:10:21 AM »
the colors are not to bad. just maybe needs a couple of tiger logos. anyway its good that the forums back.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »
There's still some issues we are dealing with such as a problem with posting new topics and some old threads "missing" but it's working as far as posting in existing threads. 

FNM

Re: Site Interruption - database error - we're finally back
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 05:43:50 PM »
The site's going down heaps my end
Is anyone else having problems?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »
Yep the "Internal server error" message has been occurring since Sunday. Sunday it was affected for 6 hours (3-9pm and then once again at 10pm). Yesterday it seemed to correct itself (at least I didn't have a problem using the forum yesterday). Today the error message has happened quite a few times which is frustrating. We have contacted the site's host and we are in discussion with them. So please bear with us folks.

FNM

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »
Yep the "Internal server error" message has been occurring since Sunday. Sunday it was affected for 6 hours (3-9pm and then once again at 10pm). Yesterday it seemed to correct itself (at least I didn't have a problem using the forum yesterday). Today the error message has happened quite a few times which is frustrating. We have contacted the site's host and we are in discussion with them. So please bear with us folks.
Thanks One Eyed  :-X

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 05:53:36 PM »
Apologies again for the interruptions today folks. We are still dealing with the issue with our hosts  :-\.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »
Apologies again for the hour interruption tonight folks. We are still dealing with the issue with our host. We are apparently and suddenly too popular so to minimise our "hits" we've made the forum members only for the time being until the issue is finally resolved.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 10:32:05 PM »
OE, seriously mate, when it's up for renewal, you need a new host.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI