Author Topic: Tigers in cash hunt to service $4m debt (Age)  (Read 5127 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Tigers in cash hunt to service $4m debt (Age)
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 07:37:40 AM »
Put in all on Moudre tomorrow at Caulfield, although its only paying $2.70

moudre? What has it beaten?

Precedance for me.

moudre beat module ( highly rated Lloyd Williams horse) last June by 3 lengths
Won 2 out of 3 this prep. Moral beaten last start thanks to C. Williams
Will win today and start favorite for the Caulfield Cup next week :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 10:11:06 PM »
Put in all on Moudre tomorrow at Caulfield, although its only paying $2.70

moudre? What has it beaten?

Precedance for me.

moudre beat module ( highly rated Lloyd Williams horse) last June by 3 length
Won 2 out of 3 this prep. Moral beaten last start thanks to C. Williams
Will win today and start favorite for the Caulfield Cup next week :thumbsup

and beaten by another (and much better) Lloyd Williams horse today. After much thought, I changed my mind and backed the class horse in the field. He won with something in hand. He might be worth something in the big one although there was another v special horse that ran today. Might win a plate and a cup. :whistle
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

jackstar is back again

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 07:56:32 AM »
Barts horse is a freak

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 06:34:22 AM »
Q. What is the club doing to pay off existing debt?

A. There will be an announcement re: this before the beginning of next season, probably around Feb/March in regards to the theme/naming/thoughts behind it.

It's not Save Our Skins of old or Debt Demoilition from other clubs, it will be something different.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19375454#post19375454

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 08:54:23 AM »
The dismantle debt campaign? The Jungle Fiscal Conservatism Campaign? bah im out of ideas
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 09:00:23 AM »
The dismantle debt campaign? The Jungle Fiscal Conservatism Campaign? bah im out of ideas

turn to our supporters yet again for money campaign?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »
Collywood just announced a $14m 7 year sponsorship deal with CGU.  :o

Pricks.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ramps

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »

Pricks.

7 years is a hell of a long time in sponsorship terms - to long IMHO. Especially if its a major sponsorship.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 02:17:14 PM »

Pricks.

7 years is a hell of a long time in sponsorship terms - to long IMHO. Especially if its a major sponsorship.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/104288/default.aspx

My bro-in-laws uncle owns PFD foods (he's worth $748m), the Collingwood coaches box sponsor, he apparently would hand over big cheques to the Pies for sponsorship but they'd reject him because it wasn't enough. No idea how much he's paying for his coaches box sponsorship though.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »
Collywood just announced a $14m 7 year sponsorship deal with CGU.  :o

Pricks.

Is CGU there only major sponsor now? $2m per year doesn't sound as much as I thought they could get for their whole jumper sponsorship given how Eddie bleats about how much the Pies guernsey is worth and the agreement is signed just after they've just won a premiership. How much in total were Dick Smith and Luxbet paying us? I thought it was around $1.8m or something combined.

ps. I see in the link they've listed the Richards/Dyer trophy as one of their trophies won this year. I guess it's good in one way they still see us as well as Carlton and Essendon as their main rivals. It was only 4 years ago we were unbeaten against all three of the other "Big 4" clubs in one season :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2010, 07:15:23 AM »

Pricks.

Is CGU there only major sponsor now? $2m per year doesn't sound as much as I thought they could get for their whole jumper sponsorship given how Eddie bleats about how much the Pies guernsey is worth and the agreement is signed just after they've just won a premiership. How much in total were Dick Smith and Luxbet paying us? I thought it was around $1.8m or something combined.

ps. I see in the link they've listed the Richards/Dyer trophy as one of their trophies won this year. I guess it's good in one way they still see us as well as Carlton and Essendon as their main rivals. It was only 4 years ago we were unbeaten against all three of the other "Big 4" clubs in one season :-\.

No CGU is their joint major sponsrs with Emirates. Emirates is worth another $2 mil to them a year so that's $4mil in total. They have been in negotiations for some time from what I understand. Aussie Home Loans told them back in May/June that they wouldn't be continuing.

I don't think 7 years is too long especially as some clubs can't even crack $2mil for their majors. Remember the Bulldogs deal with Mission Foods is worth $1.5-$1.8mil a year and that's for jumper (back & front) and shorts

As for DS & Luxbet - your number is what I"ve heard too MT.

C'wood get the bigger $$ because they can offer more exposure wise - FTA coverage will do that

I'd be very happy with a 7yr deal for $14mil  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 09:24:39 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 08:07:47 PM »

Pricks.

No CGU is their joint major sponsrs with Emirates. Emirates is worth another $2 mil to them a year so that's $4mil in total. They have been in negotiations for some time from what I understand. Aussie Home Loans told them back in May/June that they would be continuing.

I don't think 7 years is too long especially as some clubs can't even crack $2mil for their majors. Remember the Bulldogs deal with Mission Foods is worth $1.5-$1.8mil a year and that's for jumper (back & front) and shorts

As for DS & Luxbet - your number is what I"ve heard too MT.

C'wood get the bigger $$ because they can offer more exposure wise - FTA coverage will do that

I'd be very happy with a 7yr deal for $14mil 
Ta for that WP. We've certainly have fallen a long way behind the Pies over the past decade when in 1999 they were losing $1m a year and we had more members than them. Until we become successful onfield it's going to stay that way too  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd