Author Topic: Congratulations Daniel Jackson  (Read 2089 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Congratulations Daniel Jackson
« on: December 15, 2004, 09:13:51 AM »
Hearty congratulations to Daniel Jackson for getting 96.5 on his VCE.  Well done Daniel! :thumbsup

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
Re: Congratulations Daniel Jackson
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 09:29:11 AM »
Far too intelligent to be a footballer.  :lol

froars

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 09:36:38 AM »
Congratulations Daniel!  :bow

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 09:42:47 AM »
Well done Daniel. I'd also like to add that it's not fair. ;D
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Hammerfire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 10:03:13 AM »
Someone deserves a drink, congrats Jacko!

:cheers

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 10:48:31 AM »
Jackson is obviously very intelligent and really speaks well to the media.  He appears to be a natural leader.  Captain material when Johnno hangs up the boots in 4-5 years time ?
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

blx

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 11:26:23 AM »
maybe so but way way too early to tell yet.

keep up the good work young fella... :santa

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 01:15:24 PM »
Well done to Daniel.  :thumbsup  Great effort to still be at school, play school footy (school Captain), VFL and AFL all in the one year and still have time to get a score of 96.5. :thumbsup  :thumbsup

Heard that he missed the intra-club practice game the other day because he was at some athletics thingy.  Multi-talented and switched on.  Is there such a thing as being over qualified?
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 04:46:01 PM »
Congratulations Daniel. Top stuff  :thumbsup

About a year and a half ago we were thinking Cogs was a dead-cert to be our future captain as at that time he was our only young bright light. But with the wave of talented youth coming through since then there may be a fair bit of competition for the captaincy job in a few years time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »
Brainy Daniel to add some brawn
17 December 2004   Herald Sun
Rebecca Williams

DANIEL Jackson is just waiting for a new nickname to stick.

The 18-year-old's stunning VCE score of 96.65 this week has the witty folk at Punt Rd searching for a new moniker for the first-year Tiger.

"I think I'm going to get another nickname soon, I'm waiting for that," Jackson said yesterday.

"I've got 'Genius' happening there, but I'm trying to avoid that. I'm not too happy with that one."

But Jackson admitted he was as surprised as anyone to learn of his academic success, via a pay phone while in Queensland for a school athletics carnival.

"I really didn't expect to get that high, I was a bit stunned actually," he said.
The Carey Grammar pupil excelled in his four subjects this year -- he had completed French in Year 11 -- while balancing football commitments in his debut season.

Jackson said it had been hard at times to balance the books and the ball. His quest to make sure neither suffered, often had him squeezing in solo training sessions at odd hours through the season.

"I'd come into the club in my school uniform and everyone always had a big laugh when I rocked up for the meeting," Jackson said.

"After school when there was no one else around I was training by myself, but it all worked out well in the end."

But school always came first, with his place in Carey's football team taking precedence late in the season.
Jackson, who made his senior debut in July, opted to play for Carey instead of the Tigers for the final match of his school football season.

"That was a fairly easy decision because I played with my mates for so long and they're the ones that started me on football and got me to where I was," said Jackson, who only began playing Australian rules at 14.

"Danny Frawley suggested it was a good idea and some of the other senior players said it would be a good idea to finish off with your mates so I never looked back on that."

Jackson plans to study commerce at Melbourne University, but not before he gives his grey matter a break.

"In 2006, I'll go back (to study) part-time, but next year I'll definitely defer and just play football," he said.

"I need a rest because it's been a busy couple of years."

With six senior games in his first year, Jackson is hoping for many more in 2005.

"Last year I would have only done close to 50 per cent of what the other guys did," he said. "So this year, I'd really look forward to putting in that whole pre-season and training throughout the year and seeing what I can do."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,11714763%255E19771,00.html
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.