Author Topic: Tigers VS Dee's  (Read 6620 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Tigers VS Dee's
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2010, 04:32:37 AM »
Melbourne's success is on the back of an All Australian season by Brad Green (30), and enourmous improvement in Mark Jamar (27).

Our success this year is on the back of Jack Riewoldts improvement, Deledio's new role. Our future.

I'd rather be us then them. Ge Jurrah can play though.

Ooh my Pope you are living in la la land. You cant be serious?

The dees are well placed to play finals and win a flag within 3 years. If given as choice right now at the minute bias aside ill take their list any day of the week.

We havent seen anything of so many of the draft picks and Watts has shown only glimpses.

They are in the position they are in because they successfully managed their list resisting the temptation for cheap wins. They have built a very good list by bottoming out when the need arose.

;D his serious Daniel  :rollin

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2010, 08:10:03 AM »
good old fashioned man on man slog for the most part al

Cheers Tony
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ramps

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2010, 09:32:06 AM »
Melbourne's success is on the back of an All Australian season by Brad Green (30), and enourmous improvement in Mark Jamar (27).

Our success this year is on the back of Jack Riewoldts improvement, Deledio's new role. Our future.

I'd rather be us then them. Ge Jurrah can play though.

Ooh my Pope you are living in la la land. You cant be serious?

The dees are well placed to play finals and win a flag within 3 years. If given as choice right now at the minute bias aside ill take their list any day of the week.

We havent seen anything of so many of the draft picks and Watts has shown only glimpses.

They are in the position they are in because they successfully managed their list resisting the temptation for cheap wins. They have built a very good list by bottoming out when the need arose.

;D his serious Daniel  :rollin

yeah but as a club we have never taken our medicine, cheap wins in search of that 'winning culture" lol ... almost as bad as that shinboner spirit poo that North comes out with. as ian wilson once  said you cant turn poo into raspberry jam. we need more quality.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2010, 03:46:39 PM »
The main difference in yesterday's game was one James Frawley. He seriously towled up Jackand wore him like a wrist watch. He was also strategic in setting up their drives forward on many occasions.
At 21 this kid has a massive future. I think he'll be better than both Scarlett and Lake in the very near future.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2010, 03:58:32 PM »
The main difference in yesterday's game was one James Frawley. He seriously towled up Jackand wore him like a wrist watch. He was also strategic in setting up their drives forward on many occasions.
At 21 this kid has a massive future. I think he'll be better than both Scarlett and Lake in the very near future.

He played well, but I'd hardly say it was a lone hand. Every time the ball came down Jack had 2 or 3 hanging off him. Add to that the massive flood they put on in our forward line most of the game, and they were hardly condusive conditions for Jack to star.

tony_montana

« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2010, 05:16:46 PM »

Reiwoldt missed a coupe of sitters, should have got 3 glaring freekicks from frawley holding an arm/chopping an arm. If the ball fell his way he couldve comfortably hd 4-5 on a quiet day. Frawley is good will be very good but wasnt the smashing some are suggesting

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2010, 05:23:11 PM »
Melbourne are far more advanced than us in their rebuild. Really need a good foil for Jack up forward. Disappointed let get away in 4th quarter. Couple of our players down

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2010, 05:44:46 PM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick and Bailey)

9 James Frawley (Melb)
8 Lynden Dunn (Melb)
7 Brad Green (Melb)
3 Daniel Jackson (Rich)
2 Aaron Davey (Melb)
1 Tom Scully (Melb)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/99992/default.aspx

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2010, 07:55:52 PM »
The same thing happened to Jack that Richo used to cop all the time. He'd have two or three blokes hanging off him all day long, and maybe a ruckman clogging up his leading space. Then the opposition coach and the media would drool with superlatives about what a top effort his nominal opponent had done in keeping him to one or two goals.
I agree with Tony Montana too. I saw at least one or two instances where Fraudley got away with pulling his arm. But then it's gotten to the stage now where you just take it as a given that the umpiring will be against us every week.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »
Spot on RR one instance where he clearly had a grip on his arm for a lengthy time, it was plain for all to see but the stupid umps

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2010, 08:34:12 PM »
The same thing happened to Jack that Richo used to cop all the time. He'd have two or three blokes hanging off him all day long, and maybe a ruckman clogging up his leading space. Then the opposition coach and the media would drool with superlatives about what a top effort his nominal opponent had done in keeping him to one or two goals.
I agree with Tony Montana too. I saw at least one or two instances where Fraudley got away with pulling his arm. But then it's gotten to the stage now where you just take it as a given that the umpiring will be against us every week.

Great post RR
The difference is Spud and the tanned never tried different things to find that other avenue to goal.

Dimma knows he has a real problem down there as we are seriously struggling to find someone to help Jack out. Griffiths looks the closest to being someone but who knows how he will end up. We dont even know if he can play.

We are still lacking quality players and that person who about a month ago said the rebuild is complete well time to wake up pal and smell the roses.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2010, 08:41:19 PM »
Hardwick has always said that the forward structure would be last to be fixed. People should show some patience and more confidence in the coach and his assistants.

Tigermonk

« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2010, 08:52:10 PM »
l would call it having too many runts when tall players were required  ;D

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2010, 08:30:45 AM »
l would call it having too many runts when tall players were required  ;D

Yep! The structure of the forward line was just all wrong, with Jack and five crumbers. Vickery should have been in at CHF. Pushing first McGuane down there (which didn't really work last week, except for a crumbing goal), then Thursfield was just a desperate gambit,and an admission that he'd structured up wrong.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Hardwick critic. I think he's doing a fantastic job, and has brought us a long way in a short space of time. But based on selections and things he's said I suspect he thinks it's a liability to carry too many rucks, and robs us of running power. But with Griffiths injured and Post out of form, I don't think we have too many options other than Vickery. I hope he fixes this against Carlton.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2010, 01:16:34 PM »

We are still lacking quality players and that person who about a month ago said the rebuild is complete well time to wake up pal and smell the roses.

-Er -that would be me Daniel (kind of). And in my defence, I never actually said the re-build was complete. Far fom it. There's still a lot of holes on our list. I said, now that we have a better resourced recruiting and talent-spotting network there's no need to lie low for several years anymore, picking up the absolute cream of the draft. With smart recruiting I still believe we can keep playing to win, and still look to pick up quality players a little deeper in the draft.
Don't forget, we still haven't seen many of last year's draftees yet, like Grimes, O'Reilly, Contin and Westhoff, as well as Gourdis (from an earlier draft) whose form at Coburg would suggest that he should have been given a few games by now.