Author Topic: Changes for the Port game next week?  (Read 4371 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Changes for the Port game next week?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »
Nahas has a contract for 2011.

clearly not up to AFL standard after yesterday :banghead

Thing is the times he has been sent back to VFL, has kinda stuggled there as well.
I watched him pre AFL and know a few VFL supporters and he was awesome back then, so maybe something is amiss atm  ???

Ramps

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 12:27:16 AM »
Ins: White, Jackson, Polo, Polak,  ;D

Outs: Connors, Collins, Post, Thursfield (inj)

I might start looking for some covesyls lol  ;D

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 01:34:10 AM »
Pretty sure this is an assumption and even if true, we don't know if the 2nd year is an option based on performance

You're assumption is incorrect, its on the contracts list thread, he was signed for 2 years at the end of last season.  I hope we can get out of it, his biggest muscle is the love one and that is only good for whacking Caro about the chops with.
I'm sorry, but the OER contracts thread is not evidence to suggest that 1) it is true and 2) second year is not an option based on performance
Have you actually clicked the link that refers to Nahas' 2 year deal, it is just a post by one-eyed saying Nahas 2 year deal
You'll have to come up with something better than that

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 07:04:59 AM »
I'm sorry, but the OER contracts thread is not evidence to suggest that 1) it is true and 2) second year is not an option based on performance
Have you actually clicked the link that refers to Nahas' 2 year deal, it is just a post by one-eyed saying Nahas 2 year deal

If the rules is that promoted roookies must get 2 years like drafted players do then the bloke has a 2 year contract ... Historically that's what the club has done. I know that BrownE was given a 2 year deal and he is a promoted rookie
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 07:09:34 AM »

clearly not up to AFL standard after yesterday :banghead

Thing is the times he has been sent back to VFL, has kinda stuggled there as well.
I watched him pre AFL and know a few VFL supporters and he was awesome back then, so maybe something is amiss atm  ???

Keeps falling over, thats whats amiss.
and he was bounced around like a ping pong ball on saturday

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 08:54:26 AM »
Small players are not meant to break tackles and bust open packs. They are supposed to be quick and elusive, in other words avoid the heavy stuff. How much hard grunt work did you ever see from KB, one of the greatest to don the yellow and black ?

Continually falling over is a valid critism, but to mine, Nahas's biggest problem is that , simply, he keeps getting caught, but to me he actually showed some improvement on Saturday from what we have seen this year.

When he was given his upgrade he had probably done enough to earn it, but has not come on as hoped.

Yes Jack Im sure you would have said something against this at the time, but if you bag enough players, the law of averages says that you will get it right sometimes.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »

If the rules is that promoted roookies must get 2 years like drafted players do then the bloke has a 2 year contract ... Historically that's what the club has done. I know that BrownE was given a 2 year deal and he is a promoted rookie
I know you have to give drafted players 2 year contracts, never seen the one about giving a promoted rookie 2 years
Browne would have got two as he's a ruckmen and they always take longer to develop, he'd shown a fair bit in only his first year so that makes sense

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 07:51:36 PM »

I know you have to give drafted players 2 year contracts, never seen the one about giving a promoted rookie 2 years
Browne would have got two as he's a ruckmen and they always take longer to develop, he'd shown a fair bit in only his first year so that makes sense

I hope you're right Infamy, last thing we need is another year for Nahas.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

gerkin greg

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 11:13:09 AM »
Bring in Grimesy for Thursfield, don't want to scar the bloke as the only dude other than McMahon on the senior list not to get a crack this year LMAO

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 11:54:08 AM »
Whats up with Relton, did he get the barunga bullet?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 12:12:29 PM »

Went back up north.  Couldn't cope with the demands of being an AFL footballer after his missus returned home with his kid(s).  Club let him go to give him time and space to re-assess his interest in pursuing an AFL career.  Interesting that Morton mentioned in his interview that they (the club and players) could have done more to support him, hence his pro-active stance with Taylor who must have been showing signs of heading down the same path.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »
So if every rookie gets a 2 year contract after being promoted does this mean Polak will definitely at the club next year?

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »
Got caught scoffing a hamburger before the Werribee v Coburg game. Last seen working at Macca's NT  ;)
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 01:41:15 PM »
So if every rookie gets a 2 year contract after being promoted does this mean Polak will definitely at the club next year?

:-\ :-\

I think you've got yourself confused Stripes

Rookies get elevated to the senior list during the course of a season but they are still rookies. Polak falls into this category as does Hicks & O'Reilly. When the season is over they go back to being rooklies for the purposes of list lodgements with the league etc

At the end of the season clubs have the option before the draft to promote rookies to their senior lists. This is what happened to Nahas & BrownE last year. They were rookies in 2009 and promoted to the senior list for 2010.

The discussion has been about whether Nahas was given a 2 year contract when he was promoted to the senior list permanantly and therefore no longer a rookie
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
I liked Relton, I hoped he would kick on actually, he had a bit of toe and a bit of flair about him.  He muscled up a bit too since he came down.  Maybe he will sort his poo out and decide to be player.
Lots of people name their swords......