Author Topic: "You're outta your league. You're batting so far outta your league"  (Read 5862 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: "You're outta your league. You're so far outta your league"
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »
very bizarre! Is there any footage?
It happened in the 3rd quarter.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/default.aspx#playvideo

Go to page 2 and click on the St K vs Rich Q3 video.

It's right at the start of the video. Tim Lane even thought it was disrespectful.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: "You're outta your league. You're batting so far outta your league"
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 11:29:28 PM »
Just a disgrace.

If I've ever seen a bigger contradiction in my life it'll be too soon.

- Don't back chat to Umpires (Free Kick)
- Don't handle or touch an Umpire (Auto suspension)
- Don't accidently run into an umpire (Auto suspension)
- Don't publically talk down to umpires

Connors is meant to stand there and have an umpire get up into his face and cop "You're batting so far outta your league"

Connors should have whacked him, would have finally got the AFL's attention. Get out of the players personal space, stop acting for the cameras and microphones you're are not policemen, you're sporting officials.

Take there names out of the record, take their stupid numbers off there backs, get rid of umpire mics, get the umpire colour match attire correct and take the whole hysteria of officiating away out of the game.
Go Tigers!

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: "You're outta your league. You're so far outta your league"
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 08:37:18 AM »
  Sounds like a St.Kilda sychophant, or maybe he just likes to toady up to players from top 8 clubs.

And that sums up the umpiring fraternity in a nutshell. Marry this up with Daniel 161's run-in with Geisch where he was told that if we won a few games we wouldn't have a problem, and you begin to understand why the odds of actually winning are so stacked against us.
Aside from the fact that we essentially have to play the Saints at their home ground every time we meet them, when the game was on a knife-edge, once again the result was put beyond doubt by a couple of shocking decisions.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Umpire's sorry to Connors for on-field exchange (afl)
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 05:30:41 PM »
Umpire's sorry to Connors for on-field exchange
By Adam McNicol
5:13 PM Mon 23 August, 2010

UMPIRE Stuart Wenn has apologised to Richmond midfielder Daniel Connors for sledging him during the Tigers’ loss to St Kilda at Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

Early in the third quarter, as Connors manned up on Andrew McQualter, Wenn said to him: “You’re batting out of your league, pal. You’re batting so far out of your league.”

The vision and audio of the incident were broadcast live on Network Ten's coverage of the game.

The AFL’s umpiring department raised the exchange as part of its weekly review of Wenn’s performance.

Wenn subsequently acknowledged that the manner in which he spoke to Connors, including the words he used and his body language, were inappropriate.

“My comments to Daniel and my body language were not in line with how I normally communicate with players,” Wenn said.

“I pride myself on remaining calm and composed, even when involved in the most heated on-field situations.

“I have spoken to Daniel and I acknowledged that I should have handled the situation more appropriately.

“On-field relationships between players and umpires have improved dramatically in recent seasons, and I regret what occurred on Saturday.”

AFL umpires manager Jeff Gieschen said it was the League’s view that umpires should always speak respectfully to players.

“This is totally out of character for Stuart, who is one of our very best communicators and player managers on the field,” Gieschen said.

“I am pleased with the pro-active manner in which he addressed this with Daniel.”

Gieschen also contacted the Tigers to apologise on behalf of the AFL Umpiring Department.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/100993/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
Re: Umpire's sorry to Connors for on-field exchange (afl)
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 05:40:20 PM »
By Adam McNicol

“This is totally out of character for Stuart, who is one of our very best communicators and player managers on the field,” Gieschen said.

Since when are umpires "player managers" Jeff?

Tell them to just make the decisions as they see them and to stay out of the limelight.

Maybe Jeff should remind all umpires that they have never been, and will never be, in the same league as any AFL player.

Maybe Andrew should remind Jeff to manage his 'boys' appropriately.

I wouldn't even put any of today's maggots in my tackle box....it would be disrespectful to the fish.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 05:40:22 PM »
Not good enough, if it was a player to an ump the player would be suspended for games.

Suspend this turkey.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 05:41:31 PM »
Pfft, make him drive up to Mildura or Ouyen and umpire a match there on the weekend
The nice 10-12 hours of driving will give him some time to think about what he did

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »
Now as we all know I am not a Connors fan but even I think the umpire's comments were disgraceful.

IMHO He should be suspended not only for this week but the first week of the finals
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 07:13:16 PM »
Now as we all know I am not a Connors fan but even I think the umpire's comments were disgraceful.

IMHO He should be suspended not only for this week but the first week of the finals
If he said it to Post? :lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »
By Adam McNicol

Since when are umpires "player managers" Jeff?

Tell them to just make the decisions as they see them and to stay out of the limelight.

Maybe Jeff should remind all umpires that they have never been, and will never be, in the same league as any AFL player.

Maybe Andrew should remind Jeff to manage his 'boys' appropriately.

I wouldn't even put any of today's maggots in my tackle box....it would be disrespectful to the fish.
hehe gold Ekto, well played.
Personally, I would like to apply my old favorite and throw hot grease on the bastard but I know some people get upset about this.  Maybe just a cupful in his lap heh?
Lots of people name their swords......

Ox

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 07:52:26 PM »
bash and sodomise the idiot into an intensive care unit.
Weak dog.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
Re: Umpire's sorry to Connors for on-field exchange (afl)
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »
[/quote]

Spot on.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 08:01:16 PM »
Wenn is locked into the memory banks, man ur gunna cop it when I get close enough. Hopefully my memory for faces isn't so good for ur sake u tinylittle girl of a ?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 08:15:09 PM »

Spot on.
[/quote]
I do agree but I suspect Jeff probably enjoys any discomfit his pet maggots cause the Tigers and harbors some bitterness that his purely imaginary coaching genius was never given its chance to truly flourish.
Lots of people name their swords......