Author Topic: Pick 6 now guaranteed  (Read 16628 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Pick 6 now guaranteed
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »
I agree with everyone  FACT
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2010, 03:01:15 PM »
they should just start trade week now and have the draft tomorrow. stuff the cats, aints, flogs and filth, i'm bored. surely the club could throw us a delisting aperitif? make mcmahon walk the plank! andrew krakouer could swing past on a rope and save him with his sandover medal between his teeth.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »
so - you reckon Benny Gale did not know who Aston Martin was untill after draft day?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2010, 05:50:22 PM »
so - you reckon Benny Gale did not know who Aston Martin was untill after draft day?

Bit of a difference between knowing who a player is, watching a highlight reel and being a full time recruiting expert

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2010, 09:08:27 PM »

Nope. Do you reckon Smorgon or Eddie or Prattie knew who their first draft picks were and looked like until after they got drafted? Please fellas Benny is great for the club we all know that but not in that capacity in influencing recruiters on who we should get. I thought those sort of days were behind us.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2010, 03:16:47 AM »

Nope. Do you reckon Smorgon or Eddie or Prattie knew who their first draft picks were and looked like until after they got drafted? Please fellas Benny is great for the club we all know that but not in that capacity in influencing recruiters on who we should get. I thought those sort of days were behind us.
Spot on Tucky. Benny Gale admits he doesn't involve himself in footy dept. decisions such as recruiting. The CEO isn't there to micro-manage the footy dept. The days of the old club secretary are long gone. The CEO employs a footy manager, a list manager and recruiting staff and lets them do their roles (albeit they are answerable to the CEO and the Board football subcommittee). Gale may have known like all of us that Martin was potential top 5 pick but he wouldn't have watched him as a junior footballer to make a judgement. That's the recruiting staff's job who see these kids play live every week and have every stat and detail analysed.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd