Author Topic: Our Country's Justice System  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Our Country's Justice System
« on: September 08, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »

Whilst not involving Shappelle how can she get 20 years in 1 country while the killers of that Swinger bloke just got handed 5 and 7 years.

Is it just me or is the sentencing in this country an absolute joke. We are pathetic as a country and that judge should be disqualified from the bar immediately.

Kill someone and you get 5-7 years  :banghead :banghead :banghead 

Kids running the streets showing no remorse and getting no punishment :banghead :banghead
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

FNM

Re: Our Country's Justice System
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 01:30:41 PM »

Whilst not involving Shappelle how can she get 20 years in 1 country while the killers of that Swinger bloke just got handed 5 and 7 years.

Is it just me or is the sentencing in this country an absolute joke. We are pathetic as a country and that judge should be disqualified from the bar immediately.

Kids running the streets showing no remorse and getting no punishment :banghead :banghead
Spot on - not only killed him, but carved him up
Also turned me off becoming a swinger lol
Joke  :banghead

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »
so you have become a swinger?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 01:43:14 PM »

Spot on - not only killed him, but carved him up
Also turned me off becoming a swinger lol
Joke  :banghead

Honestly its becoming more of a joke by the day.

Who is at fault? It it our past and current PM or is our State leaders.

Now compare that to Paris Hilton's latest offence. Caught with a bag of Coke and ended up in Jail but was later freed.

They take things very seriously over there while we dont.  This type of sentences basically says go for it, you will be free in 5.

The people in power dont understand that kids, drugo's assault culprits are in control now and its as a direct result from pathetic sentences which are handed down.

FNM

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »
Now compare that to Paris Hilton's latest offence. Caught with a bag of Coke and ended up in Jail but was later freed.

Yeah, they're real tough over here, didn't they give her home detention
Must have been tough living in her mansion lol

Gigantor

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 05:14:23 AM »
OH Please...did anyone see the recent crime figures released by the stats agency?Crime with a few a exceptions is falling right across the board,just maybe our justice system aint that bad after all

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 07:05:46 AM »

They are state laws daniel so we cannot blame our PM

The problem is not necessarily the State govts either - the laws are what they are and have been for a long time. IMHO the biggest issue is they don't get reveiwed and changed often enough.

Each crime would have minimum and maximum sentence that could be applied and to me that's the problem

The reason I say that is because with each case it then becomes the judges call on applying the law and sentencing the accused. they are too weak and far to often will not enforce the hardest sanction ... that's why we end up with these lenient sentences
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »
OH Please...did anyone see the recent crime figures released by the stats agency?Crime with a few a exceptions is falling right across the board,just maybe our justice system aint that bad after all

yes i did see those figures drop 5-10% for some crimes.

However, people getting locked up for 7 years for murder or not even locked up at all is an absolute farce. Its about sentencing.

Im not just talking about this case im talking about other rape cases, Attempted murders, Elderly bashings.

These laws are a serious problem where most cases unless it involves a cop being killed never reach the maximum sentence.

its pathetic really.

Ramps

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 04:33:57 PM »
the fact that they killed him and then carved him up to me means they should have copped Life with there folders stamped - Never to be Released.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 12:03:41 AM »

They are state laws daniel so we cannot blame our PM

The problem is not necessarily the State govts either - the laws are what they are and have been for a long time. IMHO the biggest issue is they don't get reveiwed and changed often enough.

Each crime would have minimum and maximum sentence that could be applied and to me that's the problem

The reason I say that is because with each case it then becomes the judges call on applying the law and sentencing the accused. they are too weak and far to often will not enforce the hardest sanction ... that's why we end up with these lenient sentences
Spot on WP. Our judiciary system is archiac and as weak as water.

One of other the problems is if the charge is too hard to get a conviction on then the crim walks free. So the charge can be softened via plea bargaining to get it through the courts.

On a slightly different point it has always made me scratch my head that if you wanted to rehabilitate someone off crime then why have a jail system where 95% of the individuals they meet and live with are fellow crims  ???. I know $$$ and "it's the way we've always housed convicts" comes into it but if I had my way I wouldn't allow the inmates to have any contact with each other.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd