Author Topic: Richmond New Major Sponsors are Bingle and Jeep  (Read 74832 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers still searching for major guernsey sponsor (Age)
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2011, 01:34:52 PM »
Quote from: Caro
Despite a strong belief within the club that it will continue to improve under the present regime, the Tigers still finished 15th in 2010 in a year when its average attendances and TV ratings fell.
TV ratings fell across the board because the networks especially SEVEN won't show games live. Hardly our fault  ???.

Our TV ratings for NAB Cup Round 1 were very impressiev.
Is that because of us or the fact we played Collingwood?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond New Major Sponsors are Bingle and ???
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2011, 04:13:40 PM »
Same story told twice - one glass half full, one glass half empty.  Oh, and the author of the glass half empty version is none other than our own Caro.  What a surprise.  What an angry, vengeful old bitch she is.

I can't believe i am about to do this but .....  ;D

I read the Age story while I was away (beautiful weather in Bright BTW  ;D ) and I didn't take it as being an angry dig a the Club by Caro, I just took it as being the truth.

Fact is we don't have a co major sponsor for the front of our jumper, just like Port doesn't have one for the back of theirs as for St Kilda ...well who cares  ;)

I read the Club's article yesterday when I got home and after reading it and comparing it Caro's piece I still don't see anything wrong or an angry (vengeful) slant with what she said she simply stated the facts as the stand at the moment.

She could have easily stuck the boots in; in a variety of ways (eg by not quoting Benny Gale) but she didn't. Besides if it generates some interest within the the corporate world for us then it may just be a good thing 

Both articles were accurate WP but she worded hers with a negative tone while the club's was positive (understandably).  She could have written that short article in a few different ways without sacrificing accuracy but it just seemed to me to be more of the same old same old with Caro - why tell a story about Richmond any other way but negative.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »
Both articles were accurate WP but she worded hers with a negative tone while the club's was positive (understandably).  She could have written that short article in a few different ways without sacrificing accuracy but it just seemed to me to be more of the same old same old with Caro - why tell a story about Richmond any other way but negative.

I suppose that's the key difference in how we "read" Caro's article smokey. I didn't think it was negative or worded in a negative tone. I thought the fact that she included that we had signed "bingle.com" and others & quoted Gale made it credible. A really negative Caro piece wouldn't have included it that  :thumbsup

All about ones take on it I suppose  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2011, 05:13:12 PM »
Despite a strong belief within the club that it will continue to improve under the present regime, the Tigers still finished 15th in 2010 in a year when its average attendances and TV ratings fell.
TV ratings fell across the board because the networks especially SEVEN won't show games live. Hardly our fault  ???.

From memory they had seperate ratings for each of the three games and the ones with Richmond were the highest rating

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: February 26, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »

From memory they had seperate ratings for each of the three games and the ones with Richmond were the highest rating
Yes of course! On Austar they have each game down separate on the television guide for the Nab Cup so that makes sense!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #305 on: March 03, 2011, 11:09:25 PM »
Why the club get a car manufacturer as major sponsor?

AFL and Adelaide and west coast has Toyota
Geelong has Ford
Carlsum and the lions has Hyundai ( and A-league)
New-South-Wales-Waratahs & Nth Melbourne have Mazda
Melbourne Storm has Suzuki.

What of Mitsubishi or Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge or Kia or Holden?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #306 on: March 04, 2011, 02:35:41 AM »
Why the club get a car manufacturer as major sponsor?

AFL and Adelaide and west coast has Toyota
Geelong has Ford
Carlsum and the lions has Hyundai ( and A-league)
New-South-Wales-Waratahs & Nth Melbourne have Mazda
Melbourne Storm has Suzuki.

What of Mitsubishi or Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge or Kia or Holden?
We did try but as mentioned a while back on KB's show the AFL pushed Skoda towards GWS when we were in negotiations with Skoda  :scream.

In any case normally we wouldn't be allowed to sign a sponsor that conflicted with an AFL sponsors (in this case Toyota). Geelong, Carlton and North has pre-existing deals. There was talk though that Toyota and the AFL may split at the end of this season which is why Skoda was allowed to sponsor GWS.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

gerkin greg

« Reply #307 on: March 04, 2011, 09:07:50 AM »
Renault would be good

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: March 04, 2011, 09:48:48 AM »

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: March 04, 2011, 10:24:51 AM »
Anything would be nice at the moment for the extra $$$, but I have to admit, the tops look good with no sponsor on the front!  :cheers

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #310 on: March 04, 2011, 11:47:02 PM »
i don't think we are talking to anyone. a bit disappointing that less then three weeks from Round 1 we still don't have a major sponsor. we are either wanting to much or we don't like a particular offer.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2011, 04:25:19 AM »
i don't think we are talking to anyone. a bit disappointing that less then three weeks from Round 1 we still don't have a major sponsor. we are either wanting to much or we don't like a particular offer.
We would be definitely be talking to at least one company this close to the start of the season and are most likely in deep discussions. If we weren't Caro would have an article out a.s.a.p. about the AFL being concerned about us not being able to attract 'a' sponsor. We may be waiting off until the March 17 gala night to announce it. It might even raise :eyebrow.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2011, 08:02:18 AM »

1. As MT said we would be talking to someone and my reckon we are talking

and

2. we have 1 major sponsor in bingle.com as a major and are trying to finalise a second major - it isn't all doom and gloom  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2011, 01:18:33 PM »
Gary March said there'll be a exciting announcement at the FTF gala night on March 17. Hopefully it's the new co-major sponsor  :pray.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2011, 01:20:14 PM »
Gary March said there'll be a exciting announcement at the FTF gala night on March 17. Hopefully it's the new co-major sponsor  :pray.

Perfect time to do it. Open up those purse strings.  :thumbsup