Author Topic: THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!  (Read 60981 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!
« Reply #225 on: October 22, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »
Not so sure it will be made such a big deal of MT.  Both are only young bit-players at present so it might get a comment or 2 but will be quickly forgotten in the media until/unless 1 of them starts to have a serious impact over a number of weeks - then we might see the knives and snide comments appear.
You'll be right with most journos smokey not making a big deal about it after just one game but I'm sure the Richmond haters  in the media who never can resist a dig like Dwayne Russell will bag us over the trade if we lose in round 1 badly for the third year in a row even if a quiet Collo just kicks a couple of cheapies in junk time while Grigg is one of the best for us. Until we start winning we're an easy target for them.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

the claw

« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2010, 09:53:05 PM »
Yep, Edwards has a better tank, is a better kick, a better mark, has better hands, more smarts, more speed and can play more positions than Collo.

GC were keen on Grigg and would have taken him before us in the PSD.
The Blues wanted our 2nd rounder for him - way too high, and they wouldn't take any other picks.
They asked for Connors, Morton or Collins, we tried to offload Thursfield, no dice.
We push Grigg into the National Draft and we end up spending a pick we've already decided is too high for him because he wont be available at 46.
Grigg, Connors and Morton rated more valuable to the side than Collo, Collo agrees to go, done deal.
I can't see any other way around it without canning the trade altogether.

Shame cause he was a good prospect, but that's footy.
you have to be kidding the only area edwards has over collins is tank and evasiveness. would take collins anyday in all other categories. as for the psd gc like all other clubs would  have done would have acknowledged the players wishes and let him be. with griggs footskills im not even sure clayton would look at him.
if connors was one who was requested he should have been the one to go imo. its only my opinion but collins upside is  in front of both edwards and connors  though his performances atm are not and way in front of so many others on the list.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »
Edwards had a good year and is well ahead of Collo as a midfielder but the question mark on him is still his size or lack of it. Will it become a liability for him and us once we become a finals side. Throw in Connors as well from our 2006 draftees and none of them were untradable if the price was right (I'm not saying Grigg was the right price - a sideways trade for mine as I've said before). In the end Carlton wanted Collo in exchange, Collo was willing to go and the trade went ahead.

gerkin greg

« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2010, 09:50:31 AM »

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2010, 12:31:20 PM »
Edwards had a good year and is well ahead of Collo as a midfielder but the question mark on him is still his size or lack of it. Will it become a liability for him and us once we become a finals side.
He's still putting on weight each year and is not far off his ideal playing weight, he only needs another 4-5kg. The size and weight issue has never been an issue for players like Brent Harvey or Daniel Kerr so not sure why it will be for Shane.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2010, 07:29:14 PM »
Yep, Edwards has a better tank, is a better kick, a better mark, has better hands, more smarts, more speed and can play more positions than Collo.

GC were keen on Grigg and would have taken him before us in the PSD.
The Blues wanted our 2nd rounder for him - way too high, and they wouldn't take any other picks.
They asked for Connors, Morton or Collins, we tried to offload Thursfield, no dice.
We push Grigg into the National Draft and we end up spending a pick we've already decided is too high for him because he wont be available at 46.
Grigg, Connors and Morton rated more valuable to the side than Collo, Collo agrees to go, done deal.
I can't see any other way around it without canning the trade altogether.

Shame cause he was a good prospect, but that's footy.

Interesting post. Thanks Greg.

would take collins anyday in all other categories.

You have to be kidding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #231 on: April 07, 2011, 07:22:48 PM »
Andy Collins has been picked to play for the Blues tomorrow night.

« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2011, 07:34:30 PM »

good luck to the young man.

although I think collingwood will monster him.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: April 07, 2011, 09:19:07 PM »
The Grigg / Collins trade ?

RFC = Duh...Winning !

;D
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

TigerTimeII

« Reply #234 on: April 07, 2011, 09:50:33 PM »
he wont get 29 touches

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #235 on: April 07, 2011, 10:00:30 PM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #236 on: April 08, 2011, 12:40:16 AM »
With Betts and Garlett as the Blues' small forwards, Collo will need to play in the middle or across half-back which isn't the role he played with us. He'll most likely only be the sub anyway.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #237 on: April 08, 2011, 10:39:37 PM »
Collo stuffed up his first few possies but was fairly decent after that with 9 disposals in 1.5 quarters. Too early to judge though as he came on with the game decided and most of his possies came late in junk time.

gerkin greg

« Reply #238 on: April 09, 2011, 02:21:21 AM »
Turned it over and started the "Thornton is a dud" chant late in the 3rd

Poor Collo, i want to hug his nuts and bring him back to PRO

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #239 on: April 09, 2011, 05:17:44 AM »
Poor Collo, i want to hug his nuts and bring him back to PRO
Collins is just a player at best.....and leave the nut huggin' to Davey. The man just hasn't been himself since Schulltz did his knee
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos