Author Topic: How about this for a memorable moment??? :)  (Read 10508 times)

Offline Jordie McScullgove

• Tiger Rookie
How about this for a memorable moment??? :)
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:06:52 PM »
It was Round 18 of the 2009 AFL season... when one Jordan McMahon kicked the winning goal (even though he did mark it AFTER the siren rang) to give... MELBOURNE PICKS 1 AND 2 IN THE DRAFT!!! Melbourne's only likely win from their last 5 games was against Richmond; and even though the mighty Dees tried their EXTREME best to lose (Jurrah down back, Frawley up forward, Grimes up forward)... they almost bloody won the darn thing!!! Such is the poor excuse of a team that is the Richmond Football Club.
It was a memorable moment indeed as the Dees notched up Scully AND Trengove (!!!) in the draft who will be a magnificent force alongside Jones, Gysberts and Viney Jnr in years to come.
On Behalf of the Dees... thankyou Richmond for being the team that you are. It's all about the future - and in 2009 Round 18, you ruined yours but enlightened the Dees'.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: How about this for a memorable moment??? :)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 11:32:02 PM »
Melbourne could have won and still got picks 1&2.
Ruined Richmond's future? How so?  ???
We had already won too many games for a priority pick and winning made no difference to ladder position.

I suppose it would have to be about the future for you. 2 absolute schellackings in grand-finals since 1964 to hang your hat on. I've seen 5 Richmond premierships in that time.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »
Melbourne could have won and still got picks 1&2.
Ruined Richmond's future? How so?  ???
We had already won too many games for a priority pick and winning made no difference to ladder position.

I suppose it would have to be about the future for you. 2 absolute schellackings in grand-finals since 1964 to hang your hat on. I've seen 5 Richmond premierships in that time.
Ahhh dearie me.... had the Dees beat Richmond we'd be 4 wins at Round 18. We then beat Freo in Round 20 and that'd be 5 wins!! And that would mean no picks 1 & 2 in the draft. As it was, the thankful goal by McMahon ensured Melbourne stuck to 4 wins at the end of the 2009 season. GOT IT???
So once again... thankyou Richmond.

The mighty Dees' future is tenfold better than Richmond's. You lose Riewoldt and you lose the plot. Simple.
Watts, Scully, Trengove, Grimes, Gysberts, Jurrah, Frawley, Garland, Jones, Petterd.... and Viney Jr. That is called a future right there. And just wait until Luke Tapscott (pick 18 in the 2009 draft and likened to Chapman) and Max Gawn (2nd tallest AFL player) come onto the scene!!!

Anyways that's straying off-topic (I got too excited!!). I just wanted to post a quite fond and memorable moment at Tigerland of a game that meant so much in bolstering Melbourne's midfield ranks.
Many of us at Demonland are still to shout Jordan a beveragebut we never see him at the games......... ahhhhh wait he's been dee-listed.

P.S. Good luck with Brad Miller.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 12:03:55 AM »

Ahhh dearie me.... had the Dees beat Richmond we'd be 4 wins at Round 18. We then beat Freo in Round 20 and that'd be 5 wins!!
You didn't beat Freo so what's your point? Even though you could have and still got picks 1&2. Must have been much celebrating after that loss as well.
Anyways that's straying off-topic (I got too excited!!). I just wanted to post a quite fond and memorable moment at Tigerland of a game that meant so much in bolstering Melbourne's midfield ranks.
Good for you.
You'll always be easily pleased if getting beaten by the 2nd last team to ensure you come last excites you.

I'll take the 5 premierships as my memorable moments. Thanks for the laugh.

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 12:18:12 AM »
I really want to leave it as this but I can't... ARE YOU IGNORANT???
Round 20 2009 (MCG):
Melbourne – 20.7 (127)
Fremantle – 9.10 (64)
GOT US OUR 4TH BLOODY WIN!!!! Now... imagine, if you will, if we had've BEATEN the Tigers! We'd be 5 wins atthe end of the year. So... thankyou Jordan friggin' McMahon!! Scully and friggin' Trengove.
You lot really are as thick as they come!!!

One last thing... if you reallllly want to talk premierships:
MELBOURNE: 12
richmond: 10

And our lead will be increased cos there's no way in hell you're getting a flag before us!! Sorry to break it to you... :) Actually no I'm not.

I'll take the overall Premierships lead anyday.

G'nite.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 12:25:24 AM »
Melbourne can have Trengove and Scully.

Dustin Martin is better than both of them put together. Dusty hasn't left the gym and apparently is the size of a small vehicle.

Melbourne stuffed up big time with their picks.

P.S Scully wants to come to Richmond where his heart is anyway, his family are getting stuck into him to talk to Richmond lol.  :gotigers
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 12:30:49 AM »
Melbourne Demons will be Melbourne Kangaroos within a decade.

Enjoy it while it lasts champ.
Go Tigers!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 12:34:24 AM »

Round 20 2009 (MCG):
Melbourne – 20.7 (127)
Fremantle – 9.10 (64)
GOT US OUR 4TH BLOODY WIN!!!!
So it did.
Yep, that makes me about as ignorant for not checking as you are for starting this thread.
Difference is, I'm not as interested in Melbourne as you seem to be in Richmond.

One last thing... if you reallllly want to talk premierships:
MELBOURNE: 12
richmond: 10

Maybe you'll see one. Doubt you have yet.
Why don't you come and gloat when Melbourne actually DO something.

Ramps

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 12:46:21 AM »
scully will be a richmond player in the next few years. free agency will decimate the demons. theyll be trading of players just to make sure they get a return before the players can walk for free. same will  happen with Trengove who will go to Adelaide at about the same time.

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 12:52:51 AM »
Maybe you'll see one. Doubt you have yet.
Why don't you come and gloat when Melbourne actually DO something.
Haha... ha... ha....
Mate get back to me when you can manage to beat a Victorian side...

Get back to me when you don't lose to a team by 157 points.
Get back to me when when you finish higher than 15th on the ladder.
Get back to me when you quit picking up has-been's and hacks such as B. Miller and B. Houli et al.
Get back to me when you are no longer the laughing stock of the AFL.

Melbourne wiped their $5m of debt through a magnificent program in which now the Dogs are following as they are $5m in debt.
Melbourne have a new and revolutionary emblem/logo (now on the AFL site at the top where all the teams' logo's are) representing their proud history.
Melbourne had 2 of the 4 players get into the AA team from the bottom 8 sides.
Melbourne this year moved into state-of-the-art facilities at AAMI Stadium to be front-runners in terms of facilities used.
Melbourne have amazing inspiration in Jimmy Stynes.
Melbourne are moving forward and have a great future with great kids.

Choke on that.
Oh and I know how much you all love Sculls, but he is a happy camper at the Dees and loves the club already - having the time of his life and training hard.
Choking harder?? Sorry to burst the bubble. :)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 06:28:16 AM »
Oh how quaint. A Melbourne troll  :wallywink

Mate get back to me when you can manage to beat a Victorian side...
3 wins from 12 attempts is hardly a great record when those 3 wins came against the 14th and 15th sides. In fact the only top 8 side the Dees beat was the Swans during their month long slump and even we knocked them off them.

Get back to me when you don't lose to a team by 157 points.
LOL at this coming from all people a Melbourne supporter whose club holds the all-time record for a losing margin of 190 points :rollin

Fitzroy      36.22-238
Melbourne   6.12-48

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/1979/061119790728.html

Get back to me when when you finish higher than 15th on the ladder.
14th, 16th, 16th, 12th. Melbourne has the worst record of the past 4 years.

Get back to me when you quit picking up has-been's and hacks such as B. Miller and B. Houli et al.
Ben Holland says hi and Richmond says thanks. John Meesen (traded in for pick 35) and Stefan Martin (PSD) say hi also.

Get back to me when you are no longer the laughing stock of the AFL.
1964 was such a long long time ago wasn't it.

When a one-year wonder dud like Shane Woewoedin is your last Brownlow medallist you really can't go around calling other clubs laughing stocks can you :lol.

Melbourne wiped their $5m of debt through a magnificent program in which now the Dogs are following as they are $5m in debt.
And in 5-10 years time you'll be begging for more or voting in favour again to merge.

Melbourne have a new and revolutionary emblem/logo (now on the AFL site at the top where all the teams' logo's are) representing their proud history.
You can wrap crap in nice paper with a pretty ribbon but it's still crap!

Melbourne had 2 of the 4 players get into the AA team from the bottom 8 sides.
One a soon-to-be 30 year old. Sorry we'll stick with our 21 y.o. Coleman medallist at FF who has 10 years ahead of him.

Melbourne this year moved into state-of-the-art facilities at AAMI Stadium to be front-runners in terms of facilities used.
Relocating to Adelaide are we?!

Melbourne have amazing inspiration in Jimmy Stynes.
and you also have Garry Lyon. Oh well you can't have it all.

Melbourne are moving forward and have a great future with great kids.
I remember St Kilda supporters saying the same thing at the start of the decade. Still no flag since the 60s.

Choke on that.
and Buckenara takes the mark to line up for goal ......oh wait it's a 15m penalty. Siren! Buckenara comes in and shoots and IT'S A GOAL! HAWTHORN ARE INTO THE GRAND FINAL.

Oh and I know how much you all love Sculls, but he is a happy camper at the Dees and loves the club already - having the time of his life and training hard.
Well we know Cale Morton won't come to Richmond. The sight of big Brendon Lade will have him running away again like he's playing in the under 8s :lol.

Choking harder?? Sorry to burst the bubble. :)
No probs. We get enjoyment from a lonely opposition supporter who spends his footy offseason trolling other club's forums on a Saturday night.

"Houston, we have come across a 'no life' lifeform in the universe."

"Roger that Tranquillity. Description?"

"Roger Houston. Creature has a thermos, woollen blanket, range rover or it could be a volvo, a MCC membership, two snow tickets and is verbally repeating 'Go you No.3'"

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 09:18:06 AM »

Melbourne have a new and revolutionary emblem/logo
Well, that seals it then. How could anyone be anything but super impressed by that? Success is bound to come on the back of it.
The euphoria I've enjoyed from the 5 premierships I've been lucky enough to witness might be challenged by the euphoria you're enjoying from the loss against Richmond in round 18 of the 2009 season...........and the revolutionary emblem/logo.  :D  ::)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 12:14:55 PM »
TM that's gold.  :thumbsup

Can't argue with facts when faced with the prospect of sheer stupidity. :wallywink :help ;D

I guess our friend finished his year 10 homework early and had nothing else to do before he went to have a slash over a woman who was well out of his league.  :lol :rollin :lol

Reminds of a game against the Dees in the early 2000's when David Neitz took a few marks and the Melbourne fans near me in the Courderoi pants, denim type shirs, tweed jackets with the elbow patches, rivers boat shoes, tartan rugs and Arcosteel thermos with their egg and cucumber sandwiches yelling go number 9 go number 9 and clapping through a string of points much to my mirth.

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »
Deleted Spam!!!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:10:07 PM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 11:09:33 PM »
Dee supporters obviously still bitter over missing out on one of Kreuzer or Cotchin by beating Carlton in round 22, 2007 costing them a priority pick plus a top 2 pick while gifting the Blues Chris Judd who was a Melbourne fan himself as a kid. It mustn't have been fun being rejected by your own  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd