Author Topic: Who are you looking forward to see play most in 2011?  (Read 3384 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Who are you looking forward to see play most in 2011?
« on: October 22, 2010, 08:10:07 PM »
With such a young list this year we got to see plenty of new faces running around in Y&B. So who are you looking forward to see play most in 2011?

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Who are you looking forward to see play most in 2011?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »
Dustin Martin
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »
Foley - hopefully the surgery was a success and he plays most of next season  :pray.

Morton - will he make it in the midfield?

TV and Postie - 3rd year so they could still be another year away from a breakout year (as happened to Jack) but hopefully we see them show more next year.

2nd year guys - Dusty, Astbury, Nason - will they progress and show more again or will any suffer 2nd year blues?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »
in approx order

Nathan Foley - How is his return after so much time out of the game?
Dustin Martin - Can he improve again on last year?
Trent Cotchin - How will he go after a full preseason?
Ben Griffiths - Can he play a dozen games or more and cement a spot in the senior side and wll his winning streak continue?
Mitch Morton - Will he pick up where he left off at the end of the year?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 09:42:34 PM »
Troy Taylor. Looking for some mecurial, blinding talent to break open some games of football
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 10:33:36 PM »
Astbury, is he going to be our next half forward or half back?
Cotchin, 4th year so likely to step up.
Morton - can he become a 20+ possession mid fielder, I hope so.
Webberley - Will his decision making improve and will he kick it shorter and not to contests.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 10:58:07 PM »
Troy Taylor. Looking for some mecurial, blinding talent to break open some games of football

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 10:59:42 PM »
morton, for sure.

will be interested to see how Astbury backs up his debut season and would like to see more of Orielly.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 07:37:26 AM »
martin taylor post cotchin

jackstar is back again

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 09:07:13 AM »
The "'postman"' !  he will deliver in 2011 :thumbsup

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 09:54:19 AM »
Post-Gaining his speed back, he'll be playing with confidence with a few more games and taking huge marks at half forward and kicking goals.
Griffiths-Been about 3 months since his shoulder, hopefully he can get into some weights over the preseason. Will provide a good target while developing up forward with some strong marks and long goals. Will provide alot of defensive pressure with his speed too.
Astbury-Very good first season. Now needs to bulk up on the weights. Will go into 1 on 1's with more confidence at half back next season and control our defence with his extra size and his skill.
Houli-May surprise us all at half forward next year with long goals and pinpoint passes. Should have been given alot more games at Bombers
Cotchin-His best preseason yet should see him explode in 2011
Martin-Will get tagged more but will brush them aside and have an impact again
Foley-Was pretty much wrapped in cotton wool last year. Probably could have played more but the club are saving him for 2011. Should get back to his best quickly as he showed against Freo. His fitness will mean he is ready to fire
Edwards-With a few more weights this preseason he'll have the bulk to make him an all round player. Will be exciting on the wing
Morton-Was a very good forward in 08 and 09, but asked to be a midfielder in 2010 and had to learn through Coburg. Came back for the last 6 or 7 games as a goal kicking midfielder averaging 25 touches and 2 goals.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 10:11:07 AM »
The good thing it that we are looking foward to seeing many of the young Cubs take the next step and we have seen enough from many of them to expect them to take that step.

Ben Griffiths is the man I am looking forward to the most as if he can join Jack as a big target then we are well on our way. So many others but the questions was "Who are you looking forward to see play most in 2011?" so I will leave it at that.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 05:53:04 PM »
Agree mostly with what has been said already but anyway...

Post- Big season for him. Think he will get another even if he dosn't perform but i think this season will go a long towards telling whether he can be a key position player for us for many years, or whether he will be another wasted tall unable to take advantage of their god given gifts.

Griffiths- Just want to see if he can get through a season without doing a shoulder

Foley- Can he get back to his best or somewhere near it to become a vital cog in the midfield?

Cotch- Can he move from very good into the elite bracket (as i feel lids did last season)?

Morton- Can he solidify a spot in the midfiled rotation?

the claw

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 01:58:03 PM »
not so much who i want to see play but how we structure up and how many of the glass half fulls are ejected from getting regular games.
if i have to sit thru a season where ordinary  players get games in front of kids i wont be watching for to long.
# and * denotes rotating forwards and backs. and are named both in position and as mids.

imo we need to prioritise 25 30 or so players i hope the season goes something like this as far as kids and the teams structure go.

backs -  farmer/newman  - gourdis-  moore/grimes - grigg/deledio/dea/orielly - astbury/post. with thursfield and mcguane taking a back seat.

mids - martin, cotchin, contin, edwards, foley, tuck, connors,  pick 6, newman#, deledio#, grigg#,morton*, webberley,nason,houli*

for -  riewoldt, post, astbury, griffiths, morton, taylor, hicks,houli. i know most dont want hear or acknowledge this but miller will play probably 50% of games.
we are  very light on in this area in all categories. talls mediums smls.
 it is amazing we have just two genuine medium sized forwards on the entire list taylor and morton who has been earmarked for the midfield.
 the smalls while we have some numbers are either tiny and likely not to make it or lack polish. we need to play at least one small forward i opted for the one with the best pace and skills in hicks. when you look at the others just dont have the polish and i would have delisted them without blinking.

rucks - browne, vickery, a mature ruckman in nd. time to get as many games into brown vickery should be given blocks as his size will still limit dramatically what he can do at the level. would prefer he gets 5 or 10 games and the rest at coburg where he can really develop and get a bit of the ball. have not included graham sorry hes a dud others will disagree but i reckon we really need to do better hence why i would chase another mature 22 24 yr old ruckman.in saying this its likely we wont chase a mature ruckman and we may have no choice but to play him until one of the kids we have can step up and pass him.

of course it does not include nd picks or rookie picks. apart from 1. theres a good chance we will take at least two more mature types. took the liberty to include nd pick 6 and assumed we will take houli psd.

included tuck in front of jackson but one could swap them around i have been adamant we can not play both. the need to do so should be alleviated  as our players get bigger.

to me we need to play as many of the kids as possible. but we still need to structure up properly, we still need a smattering of experience right thru the side and we need enough big bodies.

i would hope we can get a minimum of 5  or so games into all the younger players mentioned but as many as is practicable should be the aim.

finally come rnd 1 and this will tread on toes but i would like to see a team looking something like this at least.

B/   Farmer - Gourdis - Moore.
HB/ Deledio - Post - Dea.
C/  Grigg - Martin - Newman
HF/ Houli - Miller - Morton.
F/  Astbury - Riewoldt - Hicks.
R/  Graham - tuck - foley.
I/ pick 6, connors, edwards, nd pick or mature recruit.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »
hey claw u have 2 left footers on each wing