Author Topic: Cotchin in great pre-season shape (richmondfc.com.au)  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cotchin in great pre-season shape (richmondfc.com.au)
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 10:01:30 AM »
Lids to me seems be more a 'leading by example' type in the mould of Judd while Cotchin not only leads by his actions but he is very vocal, encouraging and extremely conscious of the performance/actions of those around him. Cotch said one of the things he most took away from Cousins, besides his work ethic, was the fact that he needed to improve the game of those around him to lift his own game. This is the most exciting thing I have heard from a young potential leader at the Tigers in decades. It reminds me how Voss would lead (ignore his abyssmal coaching) and is also influenced by Hardwicks matra too I would imagine.

By nature, Lids is a fantastic player who other admire but Cotch is a true leader who lifts those around him through both word and deed. If he can stay fit he will be our next captain without a doubt  :cheers

Stripes

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 06:40:37 PM »
Lids to me seems be more a 'leading by example' type in the mould of Judd while Cotchin not only leads by his actions but he is very vocal, encouraging and extremely conscious of the performance/actions of those around him. Cotch said one of the things he most took away from Cousins, besides his work ethic, was the fact that he needed to improve the game of those around him to lift his own game. This is the most exciting thing I have heard from a young potential leader at the Tigers in decades. It reminds me how Voss would lead (ignore his abyssmal coaching) and is also influenced by Hardwicks matra too I would imagine.

By nature, Lids is a fantastic player who other admire but Cotch is a true leader who lifts those around him through both word and deed. If he can stay fit he will be our next captain without a doubt  :cheers

Spot on Stripes. Captain Cotch 3 to 4 years when the Tigers are entrenched in the 8. I still hope Cousins will be around the boys next season, blokes like him and Richo are so important around the club.
Stripes

TigerTimeII

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 12:39:42 AM »

Spot on Stripes. Captain Cotch 3 to 4 years when the Tigers are entrenched in the 8. I still hope Cousins will be around the boys next season, blokes like him and Richo are so important around the club.
Stripes

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 02:18:52 AM »
On BF they said Cotch wasn't expected at training yesterday but he showed up anyway and lead the training  :thumbsup.

How often have we seen big bodied Richmond midfielders? Not that often I wouldn't think. I must say it is exciting. Grigg Dusty and Cotch have all got some great size about them, I wonder If Lids has beefed up some more.
Despite the evolution of tactics, footy especially finals footy hasn't really changed has it.

Exactly, always good to have big bodies around the footy.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.