Author Topic: Richo Still Has Mental Problems (MMM)  (Read 742 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo Still Has Mental Problems (MMM)
« on: October 27, 2010, 05:18:54 PM »
Richo Still Has Mental Problems
MMM
The Learned One
27 October, 2010 - 4:26 PM

Richmond legend Matthew Richardson revealed to Triple M’s Peanut Gallery that he still walks around with the same little man in his head that plagued him throughout his footy career.

Just when the Tigers’ 13-time leading goalkicker thought his mental problems had left him for good once he announced his retirement from the AFL, unfortunately for Richo they have followed him into his media career with Channel Seven.

“He lives in there, he’s there permanently. Sometimes he goes to sleep but he’s always there,” Richo said of the little man in his head.

“When you’re about to go live to air, he’s saying, ‘don’t muck this up, you’re going to look stupid. A million people (are) watching the footy’.”

Richo admitted that if it wasn’t for that same little man, he would have kicked many more goals from 10 metres out or closer over his 282-game career.

“They were the easy ones, the ones from the boundary line because no-one expects you to kick them so all the pressure’s off,” he told Triple M’s Peanut Gallery.

“If you miss, you miss. It doesn’t matter. If you kick it, well you’re not meant to kick it so they were the easy ones for me.”

“But the ones 10 metres out in front, the little man jumps in your head and he’s telling you you’re going to miss and how much of an idiot are you going to look (like) when you miss this one.”

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/afl/news//blog/richo-still-has-mental-problems/20101027-a9y4.html

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Richo Still Has Mental Problems (MMM)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 06:44:30 PM »
lol

But doesn't everyone ?

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 07:25:56 PM »

Too true.

I'm married to mine.

:lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »
I think the key is to keep the little man blind drunk so he is incapable of verbalising his taunts.