Author Topic: 2010 RFC Annual General Meeting - Dec 15  (Read 2948 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
2010 RFC Annual General Meeting - Dec 15
« on: November 18, 2010, 06:11:33 PM »
Hi OE

The AGM will be held on December 15.  Full details regarding the AGM and the upcoming election will be sent to members on Monday.

The concise financial report will be available on the website from Wednesday onwards.

Thanks,

Shannon Gordon

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: 2010 RFC Annual General Meeting - Dec 15
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:32:54 PM »
Richmond Football Club Ltd.
A.C.N. 005563011
126th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

In accordance with the Club's Constitution, the notice of the Annual General Meeting was placed in the Herald Sun on Monday 1 November 2010. The notice was also posted on the Club's website.

This serves as a reminder that the Annual General Meeting of the Richmond Football Club Ltd ("the Club") will be held in the Olympic Room at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Wednesday 15 December 2010 at 6.00pm to transact the following business:

1.To receive and consider the Annual Financial Report (comprising the financial statements and notes for the year and the Directors' declaration about the statements and notes) and notes and the Directors' Report and Declaration;

2.Declaration of Poll for the Election of three Directors of the Club;

3.Presentation of Club Award Winners;

4.Election of Life Members; and

5.To transact any other business which may lawfully be brought forward.

Signed:         M F Stahl
17 November 2010

Note:
In respect to any matter about which a vote of members is held, including the election of Office Bearers and business conducted at the Annual General Meeting, each member eligible to vote is entitled to one (1) vote only. Every member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint a proxy. A proxy need not be a member. Members wishing to cast a proxy vote can contact the Company Secretary at the Club on (03) 9426 4415 or mstahl@richmondfc.com.au in order to gain a proxy form. Proxies need to be received at the Club not less than 48 hours prior to the time set down for the meeting.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 04:54:18 AM »
Would anyone who went like to give us who didn't a brief run down of the answers to the questions at the AGM or add any other info mentioned :)

Questions asked: (from RFC twitter)
How can people enter the Operation 10k contest? How are we going to look outside our members to reduce debt?

Board being asked about interstate home games. Complimenting us on our social media. Asking about RFC pubs/clubs

Were we ever involved in Hobart discussions? What is being done for VIC members wanting to attend Darwin/Cairns home games?

From WP:
At the AGM they said major sponsor announcements would happen in the next couple of weeks.

I just got the feeling it's almost done. And Gary March clearly said announementS

The other thing that caught my ear Club still running the Royal Oak not the Blues yet

they said its something to do with the blues and permits. Who cares we're still getting the $$ benefits thats all the matters

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 07:14:45 AM »
As always the questions were interesting

Would anyone who went like to give us who didn't a brief run down of the answers to the questions at the AGM or add any other info mentioned :)

Questions asked: (from RFC twitter)
How can people enter the Operation 10k contest? How are we going to look outside our members to reduce debt?

These were actually questions from 2 different people and 2 different times

First one: OP 10K - an elderly lady queried how come she didn't have a chance at winning a table for 10 at the Pres function because she'd paid her membership upfront and not on the payment plan and she said it was in the HUN (I think it was Monday's paper) that go on the payment for chance to win a table for 10 . Now clearly I read that article different to her because I didn't have a clue what she was on about  ;D Anyway Benny Gale explained how the Op 10 thing worked and table for 10 was one of the prizes for that etc.

the Debt question: the bloke who asked this got narky about the Club going to the members again for money and wanted to know if the club intended to do go to anyone else about the debt. Gary reiterated (calmly) AGAIN that the plan would be launched in Feb by Benny and that it wasn't just about getting rid of the debt but establishing a long term "fighting fund" and yes the club would be approaching other parties other than the members. My answer would have been if you don't want to contirbute you don't have to  ;D

The bloke then had a crack about of result saying that it wasn't as good as the club was making out because if you took out the interest rec'd from the money invested (waiting to be used on the development) then we only made an op profit of $350k and as result how could the board be pleased with that because it is only a "pitance". Gary rightly pointed out that 7 clubs had made op losses this year including 2 who finished in the top 8 (he named Carlton as one of those). March then backed Benny & Michael Stahl (COO) as having done a fantastic job for a club that finished 15th

Board being asked about interstate home games. Complimenting us on our social media. Asking about RFC pubs/clubs

Were we ever involved in Hobart discussions? What is being done for VIC members wanting to attend Darwin/Cairns home games?

Interstate games: Expalined again why we've done it. Not a long term thing. Once the debt is gone we will not continue with it, hence why the agreements are only for a couple of years. Club still negotiating on which games will be the "compo" away games in 2011 but both are likely to be at the MCG. Was asked if the club would be offering packages to members who wanted to travel - they said maybe but at the moment the focus was finalising the compo games

Social Media someone congratulated the club on RFC official being on a couple of the forums. Personally I think it is wrong that they are only go on 2 of the forums - you either do all or none, you shouldn't favour or discriminate but hey as I said a personal opinion and something I've discussed with the Club.

Back to social media Gary said it had become a major focus of the club as a way they can comminucate with the members supporters more. They are planning more chats in the future - Gary, Benny and Dimma are likely in 2011

Hobart Games: strange question asked probably 10 minutes after they had gone through the Cairns/Darwin. Any way the question was why did the board give Benny a mandate to talk to Hobart and how serious was it and is it now dead and buried? Only mandate Benny had was to have discussions not sign a deal. Discussions were preliminary only to see what was on offer. We only ever interested in playing 2 games down there. When North stuck their noses in and were offering to play 4 - it became a non issue and is now dead an buried - no games in hobart

Pubs and CLubs Royal Oak - club is still be running by the RFC as the Blues having trouble with getting their permits to take over. Until they do we continue to run it and profit from it  :cheers Wantirna: just won a VCAT hearing to allow more pokies to be added. Further 10 machines will be added in the new year with the hope that will improve its profitability.

Anymore questions let me know
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 12:33:39 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 08:31:04 AM »
Social Media someone congratulated the club on RFC official being on a couple of the forums. Personally I think it is wrong that they are only go on 2 of the forums - you either do all or none, you should favour or discriminate but hey as I said a personal opinion and something I've discussed with the Club.

WP, I wouldn't worry too much about this. TBH the RFCO never really says much other than what is on the RFC website.  And it just gives the admin of those sites something to feel good about in their dismal and boring lives.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 12:36:28 PM »
WP, I wouldn't worry too much about this. TBH the RFCO never really says much other than what is on the RFC website. 

Yeah I realise that but it isn't a fair way to do things. I just think they should be on all

I mean how hard is it to contact any of the sites, get us (mods) to create a "stciky" topic for Mr RFCO to post in and then he cuts and pastes on all the sites - everyone gets the same info and and no one is disinfranchised  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »
Not having enough time is a weak excuse to use when he has 100s of posts on some sites where he posts daily while none on others where he hasn't even joined up as a member to show support. So he's saying he doesn't even have time to pop on here once to respond to any questions  ::).  Maybe he's cracked the sooks over our leaked list threads  :lol.

Hobart Games: When North stuck their noses in and were offering to play 4 - it became a non issue and is now dead an buried - no games in hobart
I'm no fan of playing home games interstate but we really go stuffed around by North and the AFL that in the end cost us a presence in a region that has strong support for Richmond due to us having had so many Tassie champions playing for us.

Pubs and CLubs Royal Oak - club is still be running by the RFC as the Blues having trouble with getting their permits to take over. Until they do we continue to run it and profit from it  :cheers Wantirna: just won a VCAT hearing to allow more pokies to be added. Further 10 machines will be added in the new year with the hope that will improve its profitability.
Any chance of the Blues not being able to get that permit or are we just waiting for the inevitable?

Does anyone have an idea how much a pokie machine brings in? Would the extra 10 have to bridge the $180k per year (over 10 years) write-down to make Wantirna profitable?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

gerkin greg

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 02:38:45 PM »
Yeah I realise that but it isn't a fair way to do things. I just think they should be on all

I mean how hard is it to contact any of the sites, get us (mods) to create a "stciky" topic for Mr RFCO to post in and then he cuts and pastes on all the sites - everyone gets the same info and and no one is disinfranchised  ;D

Probably saw that the home page hasn't been updated since 2008 and decided not to bother  ;)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 02:45:46 PM »
Maybe, but Beige try their little hearts out and RFC dude couldn't be stuffed going there either.  :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »
no-one goes there any more :sleep
i heard they killed anne frank

i feel like some KFC, Hussey should open, Watson the clown just got out in the 90s again

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 02:55:48 PM »
 ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 03:06:40 PM »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 03:07:49 PM »
Classy post.  :bow

gerkin greg

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 03:21:23 PM »
I think this Steve Smith kid was in Beverly Hills 90210

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
was that a sequel to Beverly Hills Cop?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI