Author Topic: Jake Batchelor [merged]  (Read 164326 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jake Batchelor gone for the season - shoulder surgery [update]
« Reply #1050 on: August 02, 2016, 04:22:48 PM »
who would even want him? no-one
Dooks? ;D

Hey Einstein, at least i go to games.

Wouldnt meet a nicer guy than Jake.
I go to games too. Every year for over 30 years. Regular member for 20 years (Gold member). Coterie member. FTF contributor. I go when work or family commitments allow. Not sure why you brought that (going to games) up anyway. You stick up for Jake all the time. I don't mind him as he gives his all but is a limited player. That is why he polarises opinion. However, we have too many limited players and we can't keep them all. I'm sure he is a nice guy. So is Hardwick, so is Benny and so is Betamax Jacko. Do you see the common theme? I'm not sure that being nice is what people are arguing here Dooks. Would you keep him or delist him?

Surely you picked up the sarcasm and reference :lol

Has a pretty decent looking sister btw

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1051 on: August 02, 2016, 08:19:13 PM »
who would even want him? no-one
Dooks? ;D

Hey Einstein, at least i go to games.

Wouldnt meet a nicer guy than Jake.
I go to games too. Every year for over 30 years. Regular member for 20 years (Gold member). Coterie member. FTF contributor. I go when work or family commitments allow. Not sure why you brought that (going to games) up anyway. You stick up for Jake all the time. I don't mind him as he gives his all but is a limited player. That is why he polarises opinion. However, we have too many limited players and we can't keep them all. I'm sure he is a nice guy. So is Hardwick, so is Benny and so is Betamax Jacko. Do you see the common theme? I'm not sure that being nice is what people are arguing here Dooks. Would you keep him or delist him?

Surely you picked up the sarcasm and reference :lol

Has a pretty decent looking sister btw

Now thats fantastic!
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1052 on: August 02, 2016, 08:25:21 PM »
 ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jake Batchelor [merged]
« Reply #1053 on: February 10, 2018, 02:59:14 AM »
Ex-Tiger Jake Batchelor is feeling right at home at his new club Frankston Dolphins

Simon McEvoy,
Frankston Standard Leader
10 Feb 2018

Batchelor played almost all of the 2017 season in Richmond’s VFL side and felt it was his best season of football.

He said he played with freedom, “not scared to try something new and play with a bit of flair’’.

Many Richmond fans were disappointed when the club delisted him.

Batchelor knew it was coming, but it didn’t make it any easier when reality hit.

“Dima (coach Damien Hardwick) told me. I was just at the club and I was training and doing an off-season weights program and he asked me to come and meet with him,’’ Batchelor said.

“I was very close with (Tigers list manager) Blair Hartley and he was in the room as well which eased me a bit.

“But I’m a realist and I knew my time was up. I reckon I knew halfway through the year that I wasn’t going to get another contract. So it was hard. You can prepare for it as much as you like but when you hear the words, we’re going to go in a different direction, you can’t breath for about 10 seconds. It still gets you.

Batchelor remembers going out for lunch with teammates Nathan Drummond and Nick Vlastuin straight after being delisted.

“Nick Vlastuin was my best mate at the club. We both kind of knew throughout the year it was going to happen,’’ he said.

“Nathan Drummond is known as the tight arse of the club, he just wouldn’t spend a dollar on anyone or even on himself, besides basketball guernseys. He offered to pay for my lunch. Either he felt that bad or he thought I turned automatically poor because I just got delisted. That was quite funny how people react.’’

Batchelor says he’s be re-energised by the energy of the youngsters at Frankston. He is yet to be given a jumper number at the Dolphins, but is quite keen on 22 (he wore 11 at Richmond).

“I grew up with No 22 everywhere in local footy and I got it at Stingrays,’’ he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/extiger-jake-batchelor-is-feeling-right-at-home-at-his-new-club-frankston-dolphins/news-story/c7f1c97e0a0db2c96fedec09514ca1d8

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1054 on: February 10, 2018, 09:59:18 AM »
Quality young man is Batch

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1055 on: February 10, 2018, 10:26:51 AM »
Should have had 22 at Richmond. Instead we made him half the player he could have been. :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1056 on: February 10, 2018, 12:20:59 PM »
Wouldn't meet a nicer bloke. Know him well. Drinks bourbon and coke.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1057 on: February 26, 2018, 06:06:14 PM »
Only Jim Beam now that he's a VFL player. Can't afford the black label stuff poor bastard.