Author Topic: How did you rate our draft effort?  (Read 2271 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: How did you rate our draft effort?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 08:06:33 AM »
way too early to rate anything but the club is very pleased.

FJ absolutely loves conca, rates him extremely highly, his leadership is outsstanding, he has been locked in for this pick for 6 months.

Guthrie would have been great for our second pick but it was not to be

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 09:53:41 AM »
I am quite happy with the type of players they targeted. Only time will about the individual players.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

FooffooValve

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 10:40:09 AM »
Clearly kicking skills have been rated a no 1 priority, which is as it should be. Just hope that FJ hasn't tried to pull a heap of rabbits out of hats. Only time will tell!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 11:21:42 AM »
At least none are midgets

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »
And none look to be skinny girl types

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »
Some of these guys seem to be a bit of a streech to me but I am no expert.  As long as they got the guys they wanted I supose it dont matter what others thought of them or what number they were taken.

Only thing I will say and I am not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing. They seemed (from my positon) to be set on these guys and might not of looked at who else was still on the board. Anybody else think this??

It all a bit hard to tell from outdside though.

Welcome to all the boys and I hope they all have wonderfull careers in the Yellow and Black
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 01:35:22 PM »

FJ absolutely loves conca, rates him extremely highly, his leadership is outsstanding, he has been locked in for this pick for 6 months.

He has to dosent he? .... im not confidant with teh Conca bloke ... players we missed Atley, Heppel, Caddy, all these i would have taken before him

But never the less welcome !!! better prove your self better tehn the players i just listed or heads will role ( dont want anotehr Bling v Lance problem in the club)

Ramps

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »

He has to dosent he? .... im not confidant with teh Conca bloke ... players we missed Atley, Heppel, Caddy, all these i would have taken before him

But never the less welcome !!! better prove your self better tehn the players i just listed or heads will role ( dont want anotehr Bling v Lance problem in the club)

Conca will be a good player. The rest of em Im not so sure of. :gotigers

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 02:28:19 PM »

There is two aspects to making it as an AFL footballer. You need ability obviously, but you also need aptitude.

You could take 4 different people who watched all these players a bit and come up with 4 different answers as to who is the better footballer.

The real hard part is deciding which one is most likely to make the grade. This is where their psych test comes in.
We gave all our psych tests from the Draft Combine at the end of the season to the Club’s psychologist, Kim Stephens.  He didn’t know any of the players - all he had was 30 names, with 30 psych profiles for different tests - and Reece came out No. 1

Perhaps there were some better footballers overlooked in skill wise, but they've picked the one they believe most likely to have the attributes to actually make the grade.

If in 5 years Conca is a very good footballer, yet some of these others are even better, i couldnt give a rat's. What is important is that conca actually goes on and becomes a good footballer for Richmond, nothing else really matters
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:12:31 PM by al »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Tigermonk

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 02:59:55 PM »
thats right AL
as long as we have the right professionals in place to lift them to the next level
We are building & developing for now & the future  :thumbsup sit back & watch, Enjoy  ;D

tony_montana

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 04:35:41 PM »
Did we pay overs for most of the players we got? ie they wouldve gone later?

Let me clarify, Im pretty happy with the limited vision I've seen bc its obvious that they are ALL natural footballers with sound skills which I am most happy about. Natural footballers tend to make better decisions on field and thats an area we've lacked in. But if conca wasnt rated that high by anybody else, couldnt and shouldnt we have traded pick 6 for 2 in the teens?

anyhow we shall see soon enough but at face value I'm pretty happy

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »
So we dropped 9 players and traded 2, total loss 11 (3 of them rookies)

We got one back in trade, picked up 5 kids,  promoted a rookie,  and didn't use one pick, but we will use it on houli.

So we have 3 empty rookie spots or 4 if we take a second international rookie.

Does anybody know if we are going to take a second international rookie?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 04:36:20 AM »
Well I am happy just like I am every draft. Go the kids.. :gotigers...I notice this year we went for bigger bodied players too... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 07:37:13 AM »
So we dropped 9 players and traded 2, total loss 11 (3 of them rookies)

We got one back in trade, picked up 5 kids,  promoted a rookie,  and didn't use one pick, but we will use it on houli.

So we have 3 empty rookie spots or 4 if we take a second international rookie.

Does anybody know if we are going to take a second international rookie?

We are allowed 8 rookies in total as we have no veterans and at the moment we only have 4 rookies after moving Gourdis (promoted to senior list), Polak (retired), Roberts (delisted), Gilligan (delisted) off the rookie list.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 10:37:09 AM »
The more our selections sink in I am content with our picks and almost admire the club for choosing players that they rate. Even if the our outside the box.