Author Topic: Site Down  (Read 2627 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Site Down
« on: November 21, 2010, 12:57:51 PM »
Hi All,

Thanks for your patience over the last 24 odd hours while we were down and out

I would thank our web hosts for finally getting us back on line but they deserve "no thanks" for the lack of service they provided for the first 24 hours  :banghead

Please be aware that Mr One-Eyed, MT & myself get just as annoyed and frustrated (probably more so) as everyone else does but some things are way beyond our control

Good news we are currently working on a permanant solution with regard to web hosting going forward and we hope to have something to announce in the next couple of weeks

Cheers
WP
 :thumbsup
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:40:18 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
Re: Site Down
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »
I cant speak for all on here but im sure most will agree that while we do get frustrated with the site being down we in no way blame the admins of the site.
Quite the opposite in fact, without the three of you working at keeping the site running a lot of us would be forced to go to Y&B instead, which is no where near as good as here.

I woud like to thank you all for all the work you put into the site that gives so many of us not only a place to read more about the mighty tigers but somewhere we can voice our own opinions.

:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

Ox

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »
Lmao @ how ---- pie van carries on when a certain other site goes down.  :D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:52:34 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 03:07:44 PM »
Thank goodness we're back although the down time did give a chance to play around with the new V2.0 of these SMF forums which will be released in the not too distant future. I believe it comes with an ignore list which will please a few here  :D.

I'll fix up the missing logo and the 'recent posts' parts later tonight. Our host seems to have reloaded the forum software while they were getting the forum back up and has selected the default SMF theme.