Author Topic: Favourite Player Game  (Read 45499 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Favourite Player Game
« Reply #1065 on: January 24, 2011, 09:00:38 PM »
Well done Deledio lovers but Cotchin will be next year's favourite. 8)
I don't mind that Cotchin was second, but it's all based on promise not actually delivering much yet

I promise you that he will deliver (if fit).
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1066 on: January 24, 2011, 11:06:02 PM »
I don't mind that Cotchin was second, but it's all based on promise not actually delivering much yet
I don't doubt that, however I still think it's ridiculous that a player that can't even run out a full game yet should be considered by so many as our favourite player.
He's had enough trouble just getting out on the park, if he can continue his development and turn into the player we think he will become then fine, but not yet, it's not deserved.

tony_montana

« Reply #1067 on: January 25, 2011, 12:52:27 AM »
I don't doubt that, however I still think it's ridiculous that a player that can't even run out a full game yet should be considered by so many as our favourite player.
He's had enough trouble just getting out on the park, if he can continue his development and turn into the player we think he will become then fine, but not yet, it's not deserved.

well said

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1068 on: January 25, 2011, 07:28:35 AM »

You might have a point Infamy if this thread was titled Proven Player Game.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1069 on: January 25, 2011, 08:37:22 AM »

Sorry but I have a point anyway. How a kid who's done very little yet can be considered more popular than even our reigning Coleman medalist is a bit silly. Deledio at least has two Jack Dyer medals (almost three), two consecutive All Australian nominations and since Richo got injured has been our solo A grade player.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1070 on: January 25, 2011, 08:58:31 AM »
How a kid who's done very little yet can be considered more popular than even our reigning Coleman medalist is a bit silly.

IYO. Cotchin has shown he's a top shelf mid in the making. Something Deledio has struggled to achieve to date. Trent also oozes leadership and will no doubt skipper our club.
Lids is a fine player no doubt but there's nothing at all silly about Cotchin being a fan favourite.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1071 on: January 25, 2011, 09:00:21 AM »
What if your Coleman medalist was a wanker like Fraser Gehrig? Or your B&F winner was a prick like Nick Maxwell?

Favourite player doesn't have to have anything to do with talent, experience or achievements.

Thinking otherwise and having a meltdown about it is silly, stop being a gay sap Infamy.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1072 on: January 25, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »

Yep.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1073 on: January 25, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »

Sorry but I have a point anyway. How a kid who's done very little yet can be considered more popular than even our reigning Coleman medalist is a bit silly. Deledio at least has two Jack Dyer medals (almost three), two consecutive All Australian nominations and since Richo got injured has been our solo A grade player.
The Spice Girls were popular too but that never made sense to me. As Magic said. Its not a proven player game. No individual can dictate the criteria for another persons method of favoritism.(unless you are Kim Jong-Il  ;D) Otherwise we might as well call it Infamy's favorite player game. So the point you make can only be relevant to yourself and anyone who chooses to agree with you. I still have Cotchin as my favorite player and you can make a thousand points in favour of Deledio, but as far as I'm concerned, my criteria for choosing Cotch as my favorite player remains unchanged.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1074 on: January 25, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »
yeah, favorite player is the one you like to watch the most, not necessarily the best.

It's just a bit of offseason fluff/fun.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1075 on: January 25, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »
What if your Coleman medalist was a wanker like Fraser Gehrig? Or your B&F winner was a prick like Nick Maxwell?

Favourite player doesn't have to have anything to do with talent, experience or achievements.

Thinking otherwise and having a meltdown about it is silly, stop being a gay sap Infamy.

G Train is awesome.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1076 on: January 25, 2011, 08:09:59 PM »
if this is the pre season standard, I can't wait for the regular season's banter. :cheers
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1077 on: January 25, 2011, 11:00:38 PM »

Yeah Whitey I know it sucks losing. Lids won OER's favourite player game again! 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd