Author Topic: Rookie Draft #28 - Brad Miller  (Read 1640 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Rookie Draft #28 - Brad Miller
« on: December 07, 2010, 11:18:58 AM »

Player statistics

* Former club:Melbourne
    * DOB:06/07/1983
    * Height:194cm
    * Weight:94kg
    * Position:Forward

Player assessment

Was delisted by the Demons after nine years and 133 games. A key forward who presents well and plays with aggression, he became the Casey Scorpion's most important player towards the end of this season.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rookie Draft #28 - Brad Miller
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 11:35:23 AM »
Welcome Pia.

Offline TigerTimTam

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 12:58:39 PM »
If Miller plays we are in deep trouble. Wasted pick from a playing point of view.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 01:18:20 PM »
If Miller plays we are in deep trouble. Wasted pick from a playing point of view.

Why?? and who would you have taken to fill the same roll??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 02:39:29 PM »
Hardwick's view of Miller

“Brad’s been a star.  He’s a high-calibre guy, that’s an absolute pleasure to have at your footy club.  The work he’s done thus far with Alex Rance and Jayden Post has been significant, and I reckon if those two have a really good season in 2011, Brad can take credit for a lot of that.  Brad is a competitive beast, too.  He’s been working those boys really hard on the track . . . driving their improvement from a playing perspective, and also mentoring them.  With our key forwards - Riewoldt, Griffiths, Post and Vickery -  being so young, we just felt we needed a bigger body down there to help out.  Look, Brad mightn’t play a game, he might play 15 . . . we’re not too sure.  But we just need the insurance there that if something does happen to one of our key forwards, we’ve got an experienced big guy, who can come in and play a role.  Brad can play a bit, too.  He kicked 10 goals in a game at VFL level last season, and he’s kicked goals at AFL level, too.  He’ll be a really good asset for us.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/105981/default.aspx

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 02:42:46 PM »
Hardwick's view of Miller

“Brad’s been a star.  He’s a high-calibre guy, that’s an absolute pleasure to have at your footy club.  The work he’s done thus far with Alex Rance and Jayden Post has been significant, and I reckon if those two have a really good season in 2011, Brad can take credit for a lot of that.  Brad is a competitive beast, too.  He’s been working those boys really hard on the track . . . driving their improvement from a playing perspective, and also mentoring them.  With our key forwards - Riewoldt, Griffiths, Post and Vickery -  being so young, we just felt we needed a bigger body down there to help out.  Look, Brad mightn’t play a game, he might play 15 . . . we’re not too sure.  But we just need the insurance there that if something does happen to one of our key forwards, we’ve got an experienced big guy, who can come in and play a role.  Brad can play a bit, too.  He kicked 10 goals in a game at VFL level last season, and he’s kicked goals at AFL level, too.  He’ll be a really good asset for us.”

Nah, get out of here.  There couldn't possibly be more to taking Miller than just insurance could there?   ::)

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »

Nah, get out of here.  There couldn't possibly be more to taking Miller than just insurance could there?   ::)

maybe he was recruited for his woman  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 02:23:40 PM »
Miller draft delight
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Wed 08 Dec, 2010

“I just feel like five years have been taken off my career . . .”

That’s how a reinvigorated Brad Miller has described his move to Tigerland, which was made official at yesterday’s (December 7) AFL rookie draft.

The 27-year-old veteran of 133 league games, delisted by Melbourne at the end of last season, was taken by Richmond as a mature-age rookie.

He’s jumping out of his newly-acquired Tiger skin as he prepares for the 2011 season.

“With training, it’s like starting all over again for me,” Miller said.

“It’s a feeling like you’ve lost something, and then you get it back . . . you’re given another opportunity.

“That does a lot for your enthusiasm.”

After Miller departed company with the Demons post-season, he had a meeting with Richmond coach Damien Hardwick to see if his league career could be revived.

“I really enjoyed my first chat with ‘Dimma’,” he said.

“He was really honest with how he saw me, and how he envisaged me fitting into the Club.

“And, I was honest with him about my aspirations.  I told him that I still wanted to continue playing, and would do everything I could to continue playing.

“We got along really well straight away.”

Miller has adapted superbly to life at his new football home . . .

“I’ve settled in really well.  It’s a very young group . . . I’m the second or third oldest.  They’re a really good bunch of young blokes,” he said.

“I got to go away to New Zealand with them and that was really good . . . got to know everyone a little bit better.”

In his short time so far at Punt Road, Miller has earned rave reviews for his excellent leadership qualities.

“This will be my 10th year in the game, so I’ve got something to give back to the younger guys, who have only been in the system for a few years,” he said.

“It’s just something that happens naturally . . . it’s not something I pursue. But if guys follow, then that’s great.”

Miller has totally embraced Richmond, and all the Club stands for, as he enters the next phase of his league career.

“It’s a proud club, with a lot of history, and I’m looking forward to contributing in some way,” he said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/106037/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Miller on 3aw @ 7.45pm
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »
Miller was just on 3aw with Healy and David King.

* Been a good 6 weeks training at a new club.

* Healy repeated whispers saying we're doing full training, full game drills, 18 on 18 & Miller playing a hit up key forward role.

* Miller replied that we play our first preseason game in early feb against the Indigenous allstars so the fill game drills have come in earlier than he has ever experienced.

* Particular systems differ from club to club but in the end its a group of 40 blokes and you find the same sorts of characters at any club.

* Ran the Anderson St Hill on the Tan. Spent today hammering it. Miller said he scored in his top 3. The boys have had 6 weeks of running behind them

* Who's stood out so far since you've been there Brad?
- Cotch has stood out with his leadership.
- Pat Contin has been one who has surpised. Blitzers around the Tan. Fittest bloke he's ever seen.

* Miller will wear Number 13.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Miller on 3aw @ 7.45pm
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 08:15:30 PM »
Miller was just on 3aw with Healy and David King.

* Been a good 6 weeks training at a new club.

* Healy repeated whispers saying we're doing full training, full game drills, 18 on 18 & Miller playing a hit up key forward role.

* Miller replied that we play our first preseason game in early feb against the Indigenous allstars so the fill game drills have come in earlier than he has ever experienced.

* Particular systems differ from club to club but in the end its a group of 40 blokes and you find the same sorts of characters at any club.

* Ran the Anderson St Hill on the Tan. Spent today hammering it. Miller said he scored in his top 3. The boys have had 6 weeks of running behind them

* Who's stood out so far since you've been there Brad?
- Cotch has stood out with his leadership.
- Pat Contin has been one who has surpised. Blitzers around the Tan. Fittest bloke he's ever seen.

* Miller will wear Number 13.
Number 13? The poisened chalice?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 09:05:15 AM »
Hope Patty Contin isn't just a training track hero and can make a big impression on the footy field in 2011!

Video: http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/230215
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:20:35 AM by wayne »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 09:55:07 AM »
Hope Patty Contin isn't just a training track hero and can make a big impression on the footy field in 2011!

he was close to coburg best player towards end of 2010

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 07:13:10 PM »

I've liked the look of Contin as a footballer since he first arrived. Of the rookies we picked up last year he looked the most promising long-term. I thought he was unlucky to be playing Coburg ressies early on in the year especially behind duds who were going to be delisted at the end of the season. To me Contin is a natural footballer who with hard work to improve his fitness could surprise and come on as a later developer. His natural position is as the midfielder so he's going to need to boost his endurance levels. Hopefully the talk about him training well is part of this progression and not just the Club promoting young players in the press just to create positive news.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd