Author Topic: TJ on SEN now (until 10pm)  (Read 1155 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
TJ on SEN now (until 10pm)
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:37:30 PM »
Tony Jewell is on SEN now talking about his life in footy with Mark Fine.

Interesting he said Len Smith walked in as coach with 10 team rules (6 offensive, 4 defensive). Didn't Dimma do something similar last year with his 20 team rules? Some things never change  :thumbsup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: TJ on SEN now (until 10pm)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 07:42:44 PM »
I know it's now ancient history and probably been done to death but it was still interesting listening to Jewell when he talked about post-1980. I've never heard before anyone as high-profile as TJ put the blame squarely on GR for the whole mess. Jewell blamed GR's pig-headedness for causing Raines, Cloke and Wood to walk out which ripped most of the experienced leaders out of the side and for then buying up every dud Collingwood player he could get his hands on which put us $1.5 million in debt. GR is a Club hall of famer as a 1960s/70s administrator when we dominated the comp. but I wonder if what happened towards the end of his reign has taken some polish off his legacy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 08:49:54 PM »
I know it's now ancient history and probably been done to death but it was still interesting listening to Jewell when he talked about post-1980. I've never heard before anyone as high-profile as TJ put the blame squarely on GR for the whole mess. Jewell blamed GR's pig-headedness for causing Raines, Cloke and Wood to walk out which ripped most of the experienced leaders out of the side and for then buying up every dud Collingwood player he could get his hands on which put us $1.5 million in debt. GR is a Club hall of famer as a 1960s/70s administrator when we dominated the comp. but I wonder if what happened towards the end of his reign has taken some polish off his legacy.

No doubt about it.  The game was changing and old dinosaurs like GR didn't realise it.  He strengths were also his weaknesses.  you can't get away with it forever.  In the end he stuffed us right up.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »
did he say exactly what GR was pig headed about MT?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 04:52:04 PM »
Having a daughter took all the gloss off his legacy.  ;D
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos