Author Topic: A dying wish is met by Jack Riewoldt (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1449 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
A dying wish is met by Jack Riewoldt (Herald-Sun)
« on: December 19, 2010, 01:02:29 AM »
A dying wish is met by Jack Riewoldt
Tony Sheahan
Sunday Herald Sun
December 19, 2010

A MAN'S dying wish came true on Thursday, thanks to Richmond's Jack Riewoldt.

When Adam Holiday, a Tiger "tragic", died of cancer on November 26 he left a legacy for his three children to continue - to support Richmond for life.

Adam's mates organised for the family to visit Richmond headquarters to meet Riewoldt.

"It was great," Ethan, 3, said.

Adam's wife Meaghan said it was Adam's wish for Ethan, his twin Kaiden and 18-month-old daughter Brielle to meet a Richmond star.

"He would be looking down from heaven very, very happy," she said.

The boys are already mad about footy and have their Auskick goal set up in the backyard.

As they ran on Punt Rd Oval without a care in the world, the Tigers spearhead spoke movingly of being able to bring joy to a family that had endured so much. He approached the children dressed in his best Santa suit and handed each a football.

"It was a blast, they've certainly got a lot of energy," Riewoldt said.

"I know you can't replace a father or a son or a brother, but it's great to see that when tragedy strikes everybody is there to pick up the slack."

Riewoldt is still trying to comprehend the impact an AFL footballer can have on everyday Australians.

"I don't think a lot of players understand how big the game is and how big our image is. If a child's dream is to meet one of us, then I'm just happy to help out in any way, shape or form," he said.

"It's not going to change anyone's life, but if I can make someone happy or put a smile on somebody's face, well it puts a smile on our faces as well."

Kaiden (left), Ethan and Brielle meet Jack Riewoldt. Picture: Norm Oorloff Source: Herald Sun

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/a-dying-wish-is-met-by-jack-riewoldt/story-e6frf7kx-1225973208675

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: A dying wish is met by Jack Riewoldt (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 07:33:11 AM »
I am beginning to love this bloke more than Richo! My boys love him too, styling their hair like him and then jumping off the lounge doing speccies!

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 10:59:42 AM »
great stuff JR8
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:01:39 PM »
I've said it before and i'll say it again Richmond really does care for its family.
Well done JR8 and well done RFC. :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:09:38 PM by Hes My Hero »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 10:16:48 PM »

Kaiden (left), Ethan and Brielle meet Jack Riewoldt. Picture: Norm Oorloff Source: Herald Sun

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/a-dying-wish-is-met-by-jack-riewoldt/story-e6frf7kx-1225973208675

can't help but love the picture

Little Brielle looks rapted to be there  ;D

Well odne Jack & RFC
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)