Author Topic: Here we go again - slow news day on SEN  (Read 1493 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Here we go again - slow news day on SEN
« on: January 10, 2005, 12:15:38 PM »
A bloke by the name Shane Webb who posts on the tiger talk email list site under the nic webbtiger has emailed to Casey, Miller, Schwab, Welsh and just for effect SEN, a post he did last week. Despite being a lone whinge SEN decided to read it out as an example of not all tiger supporters being happy ::). Hopefully as it was just before midday it will go no further. The election is over. The alternative lost. Move on :sleep.

Subject:  So where exactly are we?

With the entire fanfare about the draft and the elections just where
are we really? We lost Ottens and Zantuck, and replaced them with
Simmonds and Graham [probably not a great deal of change]. We
delisted some untried and some over-tried players and replaced them
with some potential [that may or may not improve us in 3 or 5 years].
Although we kept some players that should definitely have gone and
lost some that should have stayed! Probably because the same people
who put our list together for last year are the people who put the
current list together…

In simple terms…

1. We have the same board that drove us into debt…

2. We have virtually the same team that finished on the bottom…

So where exactly are we? In about the same place as last year – it
looks like another long winter for the fans…

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/63172
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Here we go again - slow news day on SEN
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 12:26:10 PM »
This bloke obviously has NFI.

Let's see, Wallace, Royal, King, Deledio, Tambling, Meyer etc are some major changes to name a few.

What does this bloke want ?  Would he prefer we gave up our first 5 picks for another Johnson and Brown.  This bloke sounds like the type that would have been wrapt if we finished mid table, had broke even and gave away early picks for mature players while holding onto the dud coaches and players. 

This deserves a  :banghead

Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Barx01

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 12:48:34 PM »
This bloke obviously has NFI.

Let's see, Wallace, Royal, King, Deledio, Tambling, Meyer etc are some major changes to name a few.

What does this bloke want ?  Would he prefer we gave up our first 5 picks for another Johnson and Brown.  This bloke sounds like the type that would have been wrapt if we finished mid table, had broke even and gave away early picks for mature players while holding onto the dud coaches and players. 

This deserves a  :banghead

The thing is the changes at Tigerland are about so much more than personnel. To paraphrase the lawyer in 'The Castle' its the vibe!!

On the other hand, there will always be a noisy minority of 'glass hlf empty' malcontents. ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 12:57:33 PM »
In simple terms…

1. We have the same board that drove us into debt…

2. We have virtually the same team that finished on the bottom…

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/63172

In simple (real simple) terms...

1. We have a board of directors democratically elected by the members fo the RFC - grow up and get over it :banghead

2. We turned over 1/3 of our lists that's 13 changes - I don't think it is vitually the same.

This chap needs to wake up and smell the coffee beans brewing - change is happening if people cannot see that in "simple terms" then ... they are living on a different planet.

What does this bloke want ? Would he prefer we gave up our first 5 picks for another Johnson and Brown. This bloke sounds like the type that would have been wrapt if we finished mid table, had broke even and gave away early picks for mature players while holding onto the dud coaches and players.

This deserves a :banghead

:banghead indeed Harry H -  :thumbsup

This would appear to me at least to be sour grapes regarding the election result - as I said grow up and get over it  :sleep :sleep

The thing is the changes at Tigerland are about so much more than personnel. To paraphrase the lawyer in 'The Castle' its the vibe!!

On the other hand, there will always be a noisy minority of 'glass hlf empty' malcontents. ;)

Eloquently put Barx01.... :thumbsup :thumbsup :cheers

and welcome to OER :)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 01:44:54 PM »
First minus points awarded to SEN in my books - I like the station in general but why promote 1 persons negative opinion when all is moving forward.

Sounds like some sour grapes here to me. I know we all want the best for the mighty tigers but I am getting really sick of people like this - it is one of the reasons I left a certain site  :shh

Time to move on ppls  :thumbsup