Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399734 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: We're on board!
« Reply #240 on: November 07, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
RFCO, I have heard that lapsed RFC members have been sent letters offering to count their previous years of membership in the members rewards program.

Is that correct?

If so, will the same offer be extended to current members who may have missed a season before the rewards program was introduced and therefore missed out on having previous years counted?

One of my pet hates is the way Pay TV throws everything at punters to get them to sign up, but none of the same rewards to loyal customers.

It seems to me like the RFC is treading a similar path here.

So, all current Richmond members have the opportunity to have previous years of membership recognised.  Any years wanted to be added post 1995, members just need to call the membership team on 1300 742 466 and they will do it for you quick and easily over the phone as all records are up to date and correct on the database. 

Pre 1995, the Club gave all members the opportunity to have their correct years credited to their account back in 1995.  The Club does acknowledge though, that there are certain members who don’t have their years recognised, but have proof of their membership.  So if years prior to 1995 wanted to be credited, members will need to provide some evidence of their membership, via a membership card, proof of purchase or a statutory declaration.  If you would like to further discuss, please feel free to contact the membership team during office hours.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #241 on: November 07, 2011, 09:59:03 AM »
RFCO, I have heard that lapsed RFC members have been sent letters offering to count their previous years of membership in the members rewards program.

Is that correct?

If so, will the same offer be extended to current members who may have missed a season before the rewards program was introduced and therefore missed out on having previous years counted?

One of my pet hates is the way Pay TV throws everything at punters to get them to sign up, but none of the same rewards to loyal customers.

So, all current Richmond members have the opportunity to have previous years of membership recognised.  Any years wanted to be added post 1995, members just need to call the membership team on 1300 742 466 and they will do it for you quick and easily over the phone as all records are up to date and correct on the database. 

Pre 1995, the Club gave all members the opportunity to have their correct years credited to their account back in 1995.  The Club does acknowledge though, that there are certain members who don’t have their years recognised, but have proof of their membership.  So if years prior to 1995 wanted to be credited, members will need to provide some evidence of their membership, via a membership card, proof of purchase or a statutory declaration.  If you would like to further discuss, please feel free to contact the membership team during office hours.

Its good to see our marketing and membership departments hard at work offering up new ideas and scouring OER for new ideas. Adds to the academy idea that the club rooted lets hope this one doesnt go the same way  :lol

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: November 07, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »

Adds to the academy idea that the club rooted lets hope this one doesnt go the same way  :lol

Flags can you explain this comment about an "academy idea".
I presume you're talking about a development academy but can't remember seeing anything about Richmond doing this.
Reading about Chris Bond at Freo, one of his tasks was to set up a development academy.
I also note that St Kilda has now come out and said they are setting up a development academy as well.
It is interesting that some clubs are going in that direction while clubs like Collingwood are using development line coaches within the coaching panel.
To me it seems like an interesting contrast and would be interested in Richmonds approach.
Of course any plan for development must wait until we have all coaches on board but would have thought the type of model dictates the personnel to a large degree.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #243 on: November 07, 2011, 04:39:03 PM »
IIRC in one of the member's survey's (might have been 2009 or 2010) this issue was raised and the results showed that existing members didn't believe it was fair and the club decided not to do it.

So Mr RFC_O does this mean the Club's changed it stance on this  :huh
That's what I thought too WP and it seems the Club has changed it stance.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #244 on: November 07, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »
IIRC in one of the member's survey's (might have been 2009 or 2010) this issue was raised and the results showed that existing members didn't believe it was fair and the club decided not to do it.

I believe that vote you're referring to was 85% ok-d it and 15% didn't and membership decided at the time not to go ahead with it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #245 on: November 07, 2011, 06:08:32 PM »

I believe that vote you're referring to was 85% ok-d it and 15% didn't and membership decided at the time not to go ahead with it.

Fair enough

Although I honestly thought it was 60% + said NO and that's why the club didn't do it

Personally I don't agree with it but end of the day the club's decision
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #246 on: November 07, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »

Adds to the academy idea that the club rooted lets hope this one doesnt go the same way  :lol

Flags can you explain this comment about an "academy idea".
I presume you're talking about a development academy but can't remember seeing anything about Richmond doing this.
Reading about Chris Bond at Freo, one of his tasks was to set up a development academy.
I also note that St Kilda has now come out and said they are setting up a development academy as well.
It is interesting that some clubs are going in that direction while clubs like Collingwood are using development line coaches within the coaching panel.
To me it seems like an interesting contrast and would be interested in Richmonds approach.
Of course any plan for development must wait until we have all coaches on board but would have thought the type of model dictates the personnel to a large degree.

This forum came up with the academy idea afew years ago and low and behold abit later the club announced an academy at Richmond with players doing classes lol etc. Dont think its still going. We also came up with the membership idea of people being able to get back their lost years of membership. Anyway, its good the club is taking ideas from the supporters and in particular OER Forum. We are clearly the cream of the crop when it comes to the big ideas  :lol

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #247 on: November 07, 2011, 09:47:08 PM »

Is that correct?

Thanks for the answer, RFCO.

I do fall into that category and I will make the call.

:cheers
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #248 on: November 07, 2011, 09:51:35 PM »
Same here - been with them since they started but want to charge me $100 or something to upgrade to HD but I know someone who's just signed up & have got it (HD) thrown in for free because they've signed up for 2 years  >:( Even threatening to cancelling my subscription has made no difference  :banghead

Me too, WP and I pay for it at my parents house as well which takes me to $200 a month.

I am with Austar up here but I have had some success in ringing them and telling them I will cut it if they don't give me the same offers I see in the ads.

Have actually had some good wins out of it, such as free features as long as it is connected at the address, and bill discounts.

They have a special department who deal with cancellations, they are the ones to talk to.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: November 08, 2011, 06:12:56 AM »

Fair enough

Although I honestly thought it was 60% + said NO and that's why the club didn't do it

Personally I don't agree with it but end of the day the club's decision

Interesting turn of events.  I have argued in favour of this for a number of years, based on my own experience and belief that just because circumstances may have prevented someone from joining one year out of many, it shouldn't cause their "Recognition" to be reset to zero.  It was something I included in every member survey I ever completed.  I'm like WP in thinking that the most recent vote a year or 2 back went in favour of the "No's" but maybe that's the perception I got when they rejected the proposal.  Anyway, like TBR, I will be contacting the club and getting my previous years recognized.  Well done RFC!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »
Mr RFC_O

I have a membership problem (actually this is probably a vent more than anything  ;D)

I buy my nephew & niece memberships every year. They live in Qld so it's been easy - Cotchy's Cubs & Coaches Crew it's been for them

Now my nephew is about to turn 18 there doesn't seem to be any options for someone who cannot get to any games  :'( :'(

Now I know you are going to say "Tiger Insider" is the way to go.

But the bottom line is that option is of no benefit to him. As he isn't going to get to any games in Melb and he will get to the game at the Gabba in August only. Based on the info available he will only receive the standard members benefits (stickers, lanyard etc) which isn't much

Coupled with that despite having been had Cub memberships since he was 7 - he isn't in the rewards & recognition program because he never had a "match day membership" so he gets no cap, scarf etc until under the R&R program until he has held a "Tiger Insider" membership for 3 or so years.

So I ask what do I do? There doesn't seem to a be a membership category that will be of any benefit to him.... 

Club should seriously look at bringing back the old "On the Bench" memberships that thay had up until a few season back - it catered for people that simply couldn't get to games

Oh well  :-\ :-\

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2011, 06:31:12 PM »
WP, the interstate membership is at a reduced rate and allows entrance to 5 home games, including any interstate games.

the other option is to wait until the 3 game memberships are released.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2011, 06:58:49 PM »
WP, the interstate membership is at a reduced rate and allows entrance to 5 home games, including any interstate games.

the other option is to wait until the 3 game memberships are released.

Again interstate m'ship is of no benefit al - he can only get to one game, the one at the Gabba in August. So what use is 5 games?

The 3 game membership has already been released it's the Tiger Insider Membership

As I said currently either membership is of no benefit to the kid at all.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #253 on: November 21, 2011, 07:07:27 PM »
sadly billy, all us interstaters are in the same boat.

Because we off loaded the darwin game, i probably wont get to any H&A games this year  :'(

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #254 on: November 21, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
sadly billy, all us interstaters are in the same boat.

Because we off loaded the darwin game, i probably wont get to any H&A games this year  :'(

Not coming down to Round 1 next year Al?