Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399579 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #360 on: July 18, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »
Tell you something Smokey
If the RFC was perfect and the correct decisions made
We would be on top of the ladder and playing finals
Sadly off and on the field we have failed for the past 30 years
We are getting somewhat better but are still a long way off the pace.off and on the field
The argument about selling games is a disgrace if you cannot win the actual games
Especially against a team who were winless
End of story

If the RFC was perfect and the correct decisions made then we would not be having this conversation.  But.......I challenge you to present the name of any football club (global, any code) in history who are perfect and make all the correct decisions.  Actually, I'll up the ante, I challenge you to present the name of any entity - football club, business, corporation, not for profit, government, religion etc etc - in any historical era who were/are perfect and made/make all the correct decisions.  Just one Jack, give me just one and I'll admit that the RFC are negligent in their efforts.

How do you think any football club will go, climbing out of the molasses of muck that RFC circa 2009 was in, if it's not "We are getting somewhat better but are still a long way off the pace, off-field and on-field"?  Really, what were your expectations of the future of our club back in 2009?  I don't know what your point of "selling games is a disgrace" in the context of the timing of digging up Punt Road is but I will say this - I am an advocate of Gale's mantra that the club needed to correct it's off-field issues first, before concentrating on-field, and to that end I will always believe that what the club did was right in taking the money for a couple of years in an effort to accelerate debt-reduction and regain financial control, especially considering that during those years they were never going to be a genuine threat to the flag.  Gale stated this very thing from Day One and has not deviated, thankfully, as the reactions and pressure from disappointed supporters to unforeseen losses have impacted publicly on the club.

And finally, I will correct your misinterpretation (not necessarily your fault) of my statement "some of us are heavily invested in this very area".  What I meant was that some of us are heavily and directly involved in the very industry(s) performing the ground reshaping and landscaping work at Punt Road, and as such have solid and extensive knowledge on the realities of the work and timeframes involved.  It is an arrogant statement to admit you work in an unrelated area in stadia, yet dismiss other opinions as "garbage".

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #361 on: July 18, 2012, 09:42:48 PM »

Actually, I'll up the ante, I challenge you to present the name of any entity - football club, business, corporation, not for profit, government, religion etc etc - in any historical era who were/are perfect and made/make all the correct decisions.  Just one Jack, give me just one and I'll admit that the RFC are negligent in their efforts.

Facebook hasn't done too bad?

:cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »
Depends on how you look at it '65.  I would suggest they have made a number of significant boo boos on their journey - handling and protection of personal/private information would be one?  Zuckerberg's private photo collection becoming public a case in point.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #363 on: July 18, 2012, 10:59:01 PM »
Pointless going any further with this Smokey
RFC are the premier sporting organization in Australia
You would have to be joking
I love the Tiges more than anyone.but the cold hard facts that this football have been a rabble for many years
Even 2 weeks ago the events surrounding the suspended players
We have a best opportunity in many years and a minority group of players stuff it up for others
Poor leadership you will find
Selling the games is a joke if you can't win them
Coaching in the last minute of the game last week was an absolute disgrace
Why haven't the club got someone to mentor Hardwick and show and guide him is beyond belief really
Place is a circus .has been for 20 odd years
And am sick to death of Jack Riewoldt saying he bleeds yellow and black.said again tonight on SEN when he was doing a live golf promotion of all things
Please spare me

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #364 on: July 18, 2012, 11:29:51 PM »
Jack, name a club that has made a grand final othe last 30 years that has had a senior coach in the box guiding them! You can't because there is none! This who senior coach/Director of coaching crap is media driven bullsit. Look at Melbourne :lol Fat lot of good it is doing for them!

The final minuts of the game last week should fall back onto the players and the lack of leadership on field at the time Not The Coach! It has been reviewed and spoken about on every football show on television and not once has anyone said it was poo coaching! Paul Roos even stated that the Players should know how to set up in the dying minuts and have to be told. Cotchin has admitted he brought himself off, had nothing to do with the Coach and as I stated in another thread the ten or a dozen onfield mistakes in that last 30 seconds had nothing to do with the coach!

You say we stuffed up by suspending/delisting Conners and Martin but yet you also say they (Conners and Martin) have derailed our season because of the lack of leadership at the club WTF?? Surly then the club showed who's boss by making a stand and showing everyone there actions are not acceptable at this Club!

You say you love the club yet every single post of yours seems to bag it! When things are going rosy your not heard of but as soon as we have a loss your all over our recruiting, the coach and the processes the club is going through, mate its time to move on and get a life FFS....

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #365 on: July 18, 2012, 11:43:27 PM »
You experts bag me
Maybe you should bag the club
You people are blinded
Why was our best player left on the bench for the last 2 minutes of the game?
I have spoken to someone in the footy dept today and they didn't know and shrugged there shoulders
I tell you why? It's a circus that's why !!
Can tell you that KB will turn the heat up on the club in next few days

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #366 on: July 18, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »
I have a life thank you very much
Just very passionate about the Tiges
Sick to death of being losers
And don't forget .we have another episode of Jack Riewoldt on the footy show tomorrow night
I won't be watching
Hate seeing people making a goose of themselves

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #367 on: July 19, 2012, 12:03:20 AM »
You experts bag me
Maybe you should bag the club
You people are blinded
Why was our best player left on the bench for the last 2 minutes of the game?
I have spoken to someone in the footy dept today and they didn't know and shrugged there shoulders
I tell you why? It's a circus that's why !!
Can tell you that KB will turn the heat up on the club in next few days

What are you trying to say mate? Exactly how was it Hardwicks fault?? Cotchin brought himself off with two minuts to go (big mistake by Cotch IMO) do you think Hardwick told him to stay there his day was done? No you fool, it was up to just one of the other 18 nuffers out there to come off and make the change! Cotch was standard on the bench and in all honesty if he was any sort of a leader (wich many here are touting) he would have stayed out there and not come off in the first place.

Secondly why dont you answer any of my other questions? Besides constantly baging the club your also very good at avoiding questions you have no answer for :wallywink

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #368 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:34 AM »
well
Give me a question and I will answer it
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:31:53 AM by one-eyed »

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #369 on: July 19, 2012, 12:21:03 AM »
well
Give me a question and I will answer it

Read and you will see the questions! Reply to the comments that shut your stupid rants down. If you read my first post I had allready pointed out Cotch brought himself off and it had nothing to do with the coach but then the very next post you ask why was Cotch on the bench in the final minuts! WTF are you on??
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:32:27 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #370 on: July 19, 2012, 12:59:41 AM »
TFT you can't be serious?

If it weren't for Cotch the game would've been over at half time. Actually if it weren't for Cotch the season would've been over a month ago.

It was ultimately Dimmas fault for not organising the rotations. He is the coach and admitted himself it was a breakdown of "communication"

"he couldn't get anyone to come off"  we're his words

At the end of the day what's done is done only a win now can reverse that loss

Mr official I'm still waiting for my question to be answered re: Daniel Jackson although I'm not expecting it to come any time soon

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #371 on: July 19, 2012, 01:09:00 AM »

RFC Official - We're on board!...........floor boards

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2012, 04:29:37 AM »
Pointless going any further with this Smokey
RFC are the premier sporting organization in Australia
You would have to be joking

I would if I said it.  Stop making stuff up to deflect the issue.

I love the Tiges more than anyone.but the cold hard facts that this football have been a rabble for many years
Even 2 weeks ago the events surrounding the suspended players
We have a best opportunity in many years and a minority group of players stuff it up for others
Poor leadership you will find
Selling the games is a joke if you can't win them
Coaching in the last minute of the game last week was an absolute disgrace
Why haven't the club got someone to mentor Hardwick and show and guide him is beyond belief really
Place is a circus .has been for 20 odd years
And am sick to death of Jack Riewoldt saying he bleeds yellow and black.said again tonight on SEN when he was doing a live golf promotion of all things
Please spare me

And any of this relates to my point of what is reasonable re: reconstructing the Punt Road surface how?  Talk about red herrings, side steps and soft shoe shuffles!

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2012, 09:21:51 AM »
SNIP

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy