Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399772 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #615 on: July 04, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
Hey RFCO, how long will the current membership deal (sign for 2014 get rest of 2013 free) last?

End of July

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #616 on: August 13, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »
Hey Stig,

Think we might need further clarification on how the pre-sale of finals tickets works for members, in particular if we have to face C'wood.

Two large memberships bases and not enough tickets for all the members of both clubs.

How does it work to ensure those guaranteed tickets as part of thier membership category actually get tickets when both clubs will purchasing at the same time?

Or hasn't this info come through from the HQ yet? or more to the point haven't HW thought about it  ;D

Thanks
WP
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #617 on: August 13, 2013, 05:19:16 PM »
Hey Stig,

Think we might need further clarification on how the pre-sale of finals tickets works for members, in particular if we have to face C'wood.

Two large memberships bases and not enough tickets for all the members of both clubs.

How does it work to ensure those guaranteed tickets as part of thier membership category actually get tickets when both clubs will purchasing at the same time?

Or hasn't this info come through from the HQ yet? or more to the point haven't HW thought about it  ;D

Thanks
WP

Hasn't been discussed as yet. will get an answer closer to finals and especially when we know who our opponent is.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #618 on: August 14, 2013, 11:56:45 AM »
Hasn't been discussed as yet. will get an answer closer to finals and especially when we know who our opponent is.

:facepalm

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #619 on: August 14, 2013, 12:05:56 PM »
WP

Just curious.

What sort of response did you expect.

:cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #620 on: August 14, 2013, 12:11:18 PM »
WP

Just curious.

What sort of response did you expect.

:cheers

Honestly?

What I got  ;D

Sadly  ;D

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #621 on: August 14, 2013, 01:03:11 PM »
Without getting bashed up here
But would of though Innner Sanctum , 3121, Maurice Rioli and current reserved seat holders should have preference over basic membership if the situation arises

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #622 on: August 14, 2013, 02:01:35 PM »
Without getting bashed up here
But would of though Innner Sanctum , 3121, Maurice Rioli and current reserved seat holders should have preference over basic membership if the situation arises

yes & Nope but more nope

Inner Sanctum are guaranteed tickets to ALL finals including GF - this is because it is deemed a Coterie as opposed to a membership category

3121 - well waiting on confirmation but definitely guranteed GF tickets if we get there. But conflicting info on whether there a guarantee for tickets to ALL finals. Had someone speak to the Club about it yesterday and was told I think yes but will clarify nest week

MRC - as al posted yesterday, after speaking to membership MRC guarantees you GF ticket only and access to purchase tickets to weeks 1-3 of the finals but it isn't a guarantee for weeks 1-3.

***Access to purchase means you get access the "pre-sale" on the Monday morning 9am to 1pm before tickets go on sale to the general public

Reserved seat holder? Don't quite why you'd throw those in Jack. they are classified as Access (standard/basic members) Granted those who have reserved seats in level 2 of the Southern Stand are now guranteed a GF ticket, like MRC they are only guaranteed access to purchase tickets

Can I make just 2 points:

1/ the system for getting finals tickets based on the info the club has suppled thus far is the system that's been in place for a number of years. So it clearly works but seeing we haven't been in the finals since 2001 the club must ensure that how it all works is clearly explained to it's members. That has been done to a point but the one thing that hasn't been made clear is how ticketing will work to ensure that folks with a guarantee will defintely get tickets if end up in game against someone who has as big as or bigger mebership base than us.

2/ The only game that there might be a problem with getting tickets is if we face C'wood. Based on ladder postions as they stand we would paly them week 1. With 2 massive membership bases and there being Members of both teams that have a guarantee to tickets for ALL finals there has to be some mechanism in place that ensures that those people who have paid for the privlege get that privlege.

So as I said in point 1 that was the reason for question to Mr RFC_O how does that side of it work?

Unfortunately the answer I got wasn't what I was hoping for but not unexpected. So I will admit to being slightly bewildered that it hasn't been dicsussed and a plan in place. First finals campaign in over decade, you don't leave anything to chance and leave it to the last minute

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #623 on: August 14, 2013, 02:20:06 PM »
if we end up playing port it's likey that will be at docklands and getting tickets will be as much if not more of a problem than V colonwoood at the 'G
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #624 on: August 14, 2013, 02:49:32 PM »
if we end up playing port it's likey that will be at docklands and getting tickets will be as much if not more of a problem than V colonwoood at the 'G

TBH al, I can't see the AFL scheduling us at Docklands, they get the $$ from the gate for Finals. We guarantee them a very handsome gate indeed. Also, I reckon if we play Port it will at the MCG and it will be the "series" game - the one where finals series ticket holders get access to

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #625 on: August 14, 2013, 10:30:04 PM »
First finals campaign in over decade, you don't leave anything to chance and leave it to the last minute

Only hit the magic number  ;D a few days ago so I don't know how early you expect them to talk about it?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #626 on: August 14, 2013, 10:32:54 PM »
First finals campaign in over decade, you don't leave anything to chance and leave it to the last minute

Only hit the magic number  ;D a few days ago so I don't know how early you expect them to talk about it?

Touché but...

At the Inner Sanctum pre-match they told us they had been planning and discussing things with the AFL for a couple of weeks so they'd be ready if we qualified

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #627 on: August 14, 2013, 10:33:49 PM »

Touché but...

At the Inner Sanctum pre-match they told us they had been planning and discussing things with the AFL for a couple of weeks so they'd be ready if we qualified

Must sack Benny Gale if that's the case

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #628 on: August 16, 2013, 10:10:17 AM »

:facepalm

Hasn't been discussed with me, I'm sure membership team have spoken about it internally.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #629 on: August 27, 2013, 07:46:19 PM »
Hey Stig,

Has anyone else reported problems playing video from the RFC/AFL site lately?  I upgraded my iThingee to IOS 6.1.3 and it's stopped playing the video.  Youtube videos play fine.  I've reset the device, rebooted, tried most things .....

Just wondering if it is only me?

Cheers,

Muscles
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:07:08 PM by Muscles »