Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399517 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #660 on: November 27, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »
Hi Stig,

Are we planning on changing our Clash jumper?

Going by the "Dreamtime Guernsey" comp flyer we are as the template for the comp is showing a different (extremely UGLY btw) look to the current jumper.

Are members going to get a say on any change outside of getting to vote on the final 5 in the "dreamtime guernsey" comp?

The current clash jumper like it or not was chosen by the members via an online vote.

So if the club is considering a change isn't it reasonable to think that we should get some sort of say  :huh

Especially considering we've told many times over the last 12 months that the RFC exists because of its members

Thanks
WP

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #661 on: November 27, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »
Hi RFCO,

Can you confirm all RFC VFL games @ Punt Road?

Cheers,

not OE.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #662 on: November 27, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »
Hi RFCO,

From my conversing with more knowledge Richmond fans there seems to be a growing sense of concern at the off season dealings of the Richmond Football Club. Of the seven new additions to the team only one is a 'kid' / 'youth' (17, 18, 19 years of age). The point has been raised that this is a terribly short sighted method to handle list management aspirations. What can you tell me to alleviate such concerns? No doubt many will feel heartened at the prospect of not having a list barren of young talent.

Cheers,

not OE.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #663 on: November 27, 2013, 04:07:49 PM »
Hi RFCO,

From my conversing with more knowledge Richmond fans there seems to be a growing sense of concern at the off season dealings of the Richmond Football Club. Of the seven new additions to the team only one is a 'kid' / 'youth' (17, 18, 19 years of age). The point has been raised that this is a terribly short sighted method to handle list management aspirations. What can you tell me to alleviate such concerns? No doubt many will feel heartened at the prospect of not having a list barren of young talent.

Cheers,

not OE.

You're going to be disappointed Bents, Mr RFC_O doesn't comment on list management or recruiting decision

Go back to the first page of this thread,all explained there  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #664 on: November 27, 2013, 04:13:11 PM »
Perhaps Mr RFCO could run it by Mr Hardwick and get back to us humble minions

After all we have been told many times over the last 12 months that the RFC exists because of its members

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #665 on: November 27, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »
Perhaps Mr RFCO could run it by Mr Hardwick and get back to us humble minions

After all we have been told many times over the last 12 months that the RFC exists because of its members

Touche

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: November 28, 2013, 12:34:57 PM »
Hi RFCO,

Cheers,

not OE.

You're going to be disappointed Bents, Mr RFC_O doesn't comment on list management or recruiting decision

It's true, I don't.  :)
Anything we want to say about list management changes we say through the right people: Coach, GM of Footy, etc.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #667 on: November 28, 2013, 12:37:04 PM »
Hi RFCO,

Cheers,

not OE.

Anything we want to say about list management changes we say through the right people: Coach, GM of Footy, etc.

When & where will these correct people be giving an explanation of the 'one kid per seven new additions' policy? When this events takes place will you be able to replicate the quotes to be read here?

I have no doubt there would be members interested in the reasoning.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #668 on: November 28, 2013, 01:05:17 PM »
Hi Stig,

Going by the "Dreamtime Guernsey" comp flyer we are as the template for the comp is showing a different (extremely UGLY btw) look to the current jumper.

Are members going to get a say on any change outside of getting to vote on the final 5 in the "dreamtime guernsey" comp?

The current clash jumper like it or not was chosen by the members via an online vote.

So if the club is considering a change isn't it reasonable to think that we should get some sort of say  :huh

Especially considering we've told many times over the last 12 months that the RFC exists because of its members

Thanks
WP

BUMP

You didn't answer this one Stig  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #669 on: November 29, 2013, 08:51:16 AM »
Hi Stig,

Thanks
WP

BUMP

You didn't answer this one Stig  ;D

Yes he did.

With silence.      ;D

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #670 on: November 29, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »
Hi Stig,

Thanks
WP

There will be a change next year, and the design has already been finalised for both AFL and VFL clash guernseys.
RE: not asking members, I obviously don't design the guernsey, but on some decisions, if not a lot of the decisions the members need to trust what we are doing with the brand.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #671 on: November 29, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »
Hi RFCO,

Can you confirm all RFC VFL games @ Punt Road?

Cheers,

not OE.

Everything VFL related will be confirmed today week at the VFL launch.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: November 29, 2013, 11:42:42 AM »
Hi RFCO,

Cheers,

not OE.

When & where will these correct people be giving an explanation of the 'one kid per seven new additions' policy? When this events takes place will you be able to replicate the quotes to be read here?

I have no doubt there would be members interested in the reasoning.

They will be in the media no doubt soon enough.

A brief history: we drafted the equal most 18 year olds last year (but media decided to focus on Stephenson, Petterd and Lonergan), and this year we lost some experience in Tuck, White, Nahas and McGuane. The team finished 5th at the end of H&A so we're close to where we want to be. We drafted in three mature ages whilst still having Darrou and Cadeyn Williams on the rookie list, I don't see anything major to be worried about.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #673 on: November 29, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »
Will Gideon Simon be a Richmond player 2014 ?

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #674 on: November 29, 2013, 12:33:27 PM »
Will Gideon Simon be a Richmond player 2014 ?

No