Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399732 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #780 on: January 22, 2014, 10:38:17 AM »
What member benefits would you like to see return or improve?

And aside from paper renewals being sent out in Feb instead of November, how has this years renewal process been different?

Thank you for asking  ;D

Answering the first question

For starters:

* Bring back the Yearbook being available in hardcopy and sent to all members. It only being available via the net ignores those who don't have internet access. Ditto the Fighting Tiger Magazine - should be available in hard copy not just online.

* The Club go back to offering a membership cateogry for people who cannot get to any games. There are people who simply cannot get to games eg the elderly, folks living in places where they've go no hope of getting to a game. These people are being ignored. IMHO the 3 game membership doesn't cut it. $85 (*or whatever it costs) for access to 3 games they can't attend means they are paying $85* for a plastic card, sticker sheet and lanyard

* For coteries: improvement in the "exclusive" membership pack for these groups. **Wont go into the exact details here as I will be speaking to the guys about the Inner Sanctum side of things in due course.  ;)

That will do for now ...

Regading the renewal process, obviously the fact that people cannot go on line and just renew for this season. Have always been able to do that and now it's gone. Taking away that option as others have mentioned has disapppointed (angered) alot of people. On the one hand the club wants people to do things online but at the same time have taken away the ability for people to renew on their terms/choice.

While understand that it is in part a problem that's been created by Ticketmaster and their system I would argue that it is up to the Club to ensure the system works to the Clubs satisfaction seeing you would be paying for the use of the their system. So if the Club "OK'd" the system then the Club needs to take some responsibuility for this issue

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #781 on: January 22, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »

And aside from paper renewals being sent out in Feb instead of November, how has this years renewal process been different?

Thank you for asking  ;D

For starters:

* Bring back the Yearbook being available in hardcopy and sent to all members. It only being available via the net ignores those who don't have internet access. Ditto the Fighting Tiger Magazine - should be available in hard copy not just online.

* The Club go back to offering a membership cateogry for people who cannot get to any games. There are people who simply cannot get to games eg the elderly, folks living in places where they've go no hope of getting to a game. These people are being ignored. IMHO the 3 game membership doesn't cut it. $85 (*or whatever it costs) for access to 3 games they can't attend means they are paying $85* for a plastic card, sticker sheet and lanyard

* For coteries: improvement in the "exclusive" membership pack for these groups. **Wont go into the exact details here as I will be speaking to the guys about the Inner Sanctum side of things in due course.  ;)

That will do for now ...

Regading the renewal process, obviously the fact that people cannot go on line and just renew for this season. Have always been able to do that and now it's gone. Taking away that option as others have mentioned has disapppointed (angered) alot of people. On the one hand the club wants people to do things online but at the same time have taken away the ability for people to renew on their terms/choice.

While understand that it is in part a problem that's been created by Ticketmaster and their system I would argue that it is up to the Club to ensure the system works to the Clubs satisfaction seeing you would be paying for the use of the their system. So if the Club "OK'd" the system then the Club needs to take some responsibuility for this issue

wasnt the membership with no access to games about $60 anyway. for an extra $25 the club gives them the option of a potential 3 games + these members werent recognised by the AFL now they are all recognised.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #782 on: January 22, 2014, 10:57:16 AM »

Thank you for asking  ;D

For starters:

That will do for now ...

I'll pass on the above re what you would like.

The renew option you are talking about actually changed two years ago, so your 2013 membership renewal would have had the same options.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #783 on: January 22, 2014, 10:58:24 AM »
wasnt the membership with no access to games about $60 anyway. for an extra $25 the club gives them the option of a potential 3 games + these members werent recognised by the AFL now they are all recognised.

Yes it was about $75. It was called "on the bench" but it gave the member more than a card, lanyard and stickers. You got things like pen sets, coasters, rugs, make-up bags for the ladies etc that was branded with RFC emblem.

My late Mum had this type of membership once she couldn't get to games anymore. It gave her value for her $$$, she felt part of the Club and the Club made a good margin. A win/win for everyone 

Based on what they offer now she'd be paying $85* (granted probably less for a pensioner) and the only thing she'd have to show for it is the standard card, lanyard and stickers. All the other benefits are basically electronic and she never had email or internet. So Yep that's great value for money right there...NOT

The Club happily sells "Pet Memberships" and gives a great little pack of goodies why can't they do the same for people. The Pet memberships don't impact on membership numbers so the argument about them not being recognised is a mute point IMHO

And just on that I dont give a rats whether these type of memberships are recognised by the AFL and quite frankly the Club shouldn't either. What is important is that the Club recognises people as members and that these people have something to show they are members of this Club.

I mean even most NRL Clubs that are so far behind AFL Clubs when it comes to memberships offer a basic package for people who cannot get to games.... and dare i say it even Collingwood have gone back to offering one

Just think it is something the Club should look into, they say they will but nothing changes

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #784 on: January 22, 2014, 11:02:56 AM »
The renew option you are talking about actually changed two years ago, so your 2013 membership renewal would have had the same options.

Did it I wouldn't know as I'm in Coterie so things are a little different and messy last year  ;D

But I do know last year with other the member in our household we had major problems trying to do it on-line. Wouldn't let us change it to being a rolling tiger so we ended up doing it over the phone  ;D

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #785 on: January 22, 2014, 11:55:25 AM »

I'm confused.

So are you saying that the fact that they can attend 3 games is insulting for them because they can't get there? So if they were charged $85 and denied access to any games that would be a better option?

Or are you suggesting there should be a membership for say only $30.

Or should the $85 membership have some extra stuff like hat and scarf but no games?

How much was the old membership option without games and what did those members get?

What would make this right for you?

gerkin greg

« Reply #786 on: January 22, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( ::)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #787 on: January 22, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »

I'm confused.

So are you saying that the fact that they can attend 3 games is insulting for them because they can't get there? So if they were charged $85 and denied access to any games that would be a better option?

Or are you suggesting there should be a membership for say only $30.

Or should the $85 membership have some extra stuff like hat and scarf but no games?

How much was the old membership option without games and what did those members get?

What would make this right for you?

I am not sure why you would be confused.

I think I've explained it clearly a number of times

If you read my reply to Ramps (a couple of posts back) I think I explain pretty clearly what I am talking about and what was on offer previously for around the same price

So I am not sure which part of it don't you understand or isn't clear enough

So I will repeat it again

IMHO the Club should offer a membership category for those people who for whatever reason cannot get to games. Facts are there are people who cannot get to games. So I ask (again) what benefit/incentive is a 3 game membership for them?

I have no problem with the club selling the 3 game membership it's a great idea for those who can only get to a couple of games a year

But again I come back to what about people who cannot get to any games? Surely these people deserve some sort of membership that makes them feel part of the club?

What I am suggesting is they have a membership category at around the same price as the 3 gamer but doesn't give them game access but gives them other stuff. They did it before and stopped it

I hate using my late Mother as example but as she got older she couldn't attend games anymore; even when we took her as a "disabled" person. In the end she simply couldn't go. It broke her heart not being able to go the footy (broke mine too BTW) because she loved going to the footy. When we got to that stage of her not being able attend games she still had an option to be a member but under the "On the Bench". That package meant something to her; she felt part of the club. She happily paid the money, she would tell friends she was still a member because they looked after her

Can I add: I volunteer and I take one of my dogs to visit an Aged Care Facility and the number of folks there who love footy but obivously can't go to games anymore and are no longer members of their clubs has genuinely surprised me.

I want people like that to have an option that gives them value for the $$$. Giving them access to something they will never use is not value

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #788 on: January 22, 2014, 12:46:07 PM »
I'd really like to see a breakdown of our members split into reserved seat, 11 game, 3 games, dogs, cats etc to understand where we get most of our members.
I'd also like a comparison in membership revenue by club - IMO, numbers of members are one thing but you bank cashola.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #789 on: January 22, 2014, 01:33:47 PM »
RFC Official
Please ask the club to ensure that at the round 2 game against Carlton we ( The RFC ) have a clear and visible couple of membership tents near the Punt Rd oval and/or outside the G.
 I believe the reason given for last year's disaster was that our tent blew away or some such tripe. All i could find was Carlton membership tents everywhere. Was very emabarrassing for the RFC and must be rectified for 2014.
 Pm me if you need any help securing the tent. I got some good tent pegs  ;D
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #790 on: January 22, 2014, 03:10:48 PM »

:lol :lol :lol

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: January 22, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »
RFC Official
Please ask the club to ensure that at the round 2 game against Carlton we ( The RFC ) have a clear and visible couple of membership tents near the Punt Rd oval and/or outside the G.
 I believe the reason given for last year's disaster was that our tent blew away or some such tripe. All i could find was Carlton membership tents everywhere. Was very emabarrassing for the RFC and must be rectified for 2014.

Freak windstorms are typically out of our control but we will try.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #792 on: January 22, 2014, 03:52:15 PM »

fair enough but all of Carlton's tents stayed up ?  Anyhows no biggie , I just hope the tiges have a huge presence outside the game this year coz at that round 1 game last year I suddenly knew how Bulldogs and North supporters feel every week  ;D
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #793 on: January 22, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »

fair enough but all of Carlton's tents stayed up ?  Anyhows no biggie , I just hope the tiges have a huge presence outside the game this year coz at that round 1 game last year I suddenly knew how Bulldogs and North supporters feel every week  ;D

As it is our home game we will have a big presence!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #794 on: January 22, 2014, 05:18:06 PM »

As it is our home game we will have a big presence!

Whatever happened to Tony and tiggy the Tiger
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH