Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399607 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #930 on: April 19, 2014, 12:37:30 PM »
Thanks for your prompt reply-it appears that the upgrade is only available for mobile phones unlike the old one that worked on internet as well as i-phone and as i only use my tablet as an internet device and do not have a sim card inserted that excludes me. it works ok in my i-phone however if the occasion arises and i am out of the country as i was for the finals last year. that will limit my information access.

Our mobile site is a lot better these days, hopefully that helps for the tablet.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #931 on: April 29, 2014, 11:31:06 AM »
Dear RFC_Official,

Can you please tell the club that its loyal supporters want the following things:

1. No spin - this is an industry that is judged purely and simply on win/loss ratios. It sickens me when the coach says we are a better side than last year when we are clearly not.  He can say that if we finish 4th as we finished 5th last year at the end of the home and away season.  I'm sure all their KPIs would be saying we are not too.  If they are then they need new KPIs.

2. Speed - the side has become slower than a dead snail, both in ball movement and leg speed.  Our fastest player from last year Matty White is not even in the top ten at Pot Adelaide for speed.  That is an indictment on our recruiting.

3. Fitness - we seem to be the least fit side in the competition.  This comes after what supposedly was our biggest preseason ever.  Something is wrong there.

4. Injuries - I am a doctor and I am horrified by the way we have handled guys like Maric, Deledio, Cotchin, Morris and now Hampson.  We must not run our players into the ground by playing them injured. As for the injury list that is published, the club must think we are absolute morons.  Rance broke his fifth metatarsal and wasn't put on the injury list during the week it happened.  He was omitted at the last minute.  What the hell is going on there?

5. Selection - guys that continually fail at basic skills like manning up, chasing, harassing, blocking for your teammate, shepherding are being played week after week.  I'd rather the club played kids who would learn to do these things.  I was watching a 10 game junior grapple Cotchin at the centre bounces on Sunday and not once did one of our players come in and protect the captain.  It's easy to place yourself between the two and bump the other guy to let them know it's not going to be easy to harass our captain. But no, not a single peep from any of his teammates.

The supporters want to hear that the club is hurting too and that things are being done to rectify the situation. We are the lifeblood of the club and as such we should be treated with the utmost respect and not treated like fools whose only worth is our money.

Please pass this on to the powers that be as they rudely never answer any emails sent to them.

Thank you.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #932 on: April 29, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »
Dear RFC_Official,

Can you please tell the club that its loyal supporters want the following things:

1. No spin - this is an industry that is judged purely and simply on win/loss ratios. It sickens me when the coach says we are a better side than last year when we are clearly not.  He can say that if we finish 4th as we finished 5th last year at the end of the home and away season.  I'm sure all their KPIs would be saying we are not too.  If they are then they need new KPIs.

2. Speed - the side has become slower than a dead snail, both in ball movement and leg speed.  Our fastest player from last year Matty White is not even in the top ten at Pot Adelaide for speed.  That is an indictment on our recruiting.

3. Fitness - we seem to be the least fit side in the competition.  This comes after what supposedly was our biggest preseason ever.  Something is wrong there.

4. Injuries - I am a doctor and I am horrified by the way we have handled guys like Maric, Deledio, Cotchin, Morris and now Hampson.  We must not run our players into the ground by playing them injured. As for the injury list that is published, the club must think we are absolute morons.  Rance broke his fifth metatarsal and wasn't put on the injury list during the week it happened.  He was omitted at the last minute.  What the hell is going on there?

5. Selection - guys that continually fail at basic skills like manning up, chasing, harassing, blocking for your teammate, shepherding are being played week after week.  I'd rather the club played kids who would learn to do these things.  I was watching a 10 game junior grapple Cotchin at the centre bounces on Sunday and not once did one of our players come in and protect the captain.  It's easy to place yourself between the two and bump the other guy to let them know it's not going to be easy to harass our captain. But no, not a single peep from any of his teammates.

The supporters want to hear that the club is hurting too and that things are being done to rectify the situation. We are the lifeblood of the club and as such we should be treated with the utmost respect and not treated like fools whose only worth is our money.

Please pass this on to the powers that be as they rudely never answer any emails sent to them.

Thank you.

Please read the first line as "some of it's loyal supporters".

:cheers

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #933 on: April 29, 2014, 01:06:26 PM »
Dear RFC_Official,

Thank you.

So you don't want any of those things?

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #934 on: April 29, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »

Would the term "majority of loyal supporters" be acceptable to you  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #935 on: April 29, 2014, 01:30:06 PM »

Just don't like it when someone purports to represent everyone.

Smacks a little of NAZI Germany.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #936 on: April 29, 2014, 01:31:06 PM »

And this smacks of a superiority complex.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #937 on: April 29, 2014, 01:37:14 PM »

And this smacks of a superiority complex.

No it actually "smacks" of the truth.

Forget this forum I haven't spoken to one fellow Richmond member who isn't fed up with what's been dished up  in 2014.

And the one constant isn't the losses we've endured it is the "spin" that's been dished up.

We have just on 64k members reckon YBB's echoes easily how most (majority) feel
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #938 on: April 29, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »
Hardwick has dished up plenty of realism to our current plight over the past few weeks. Some just pick and choose the bits they don't like and paint it as spin. Tbh I don't care what the coach says in the press. Just get the results if not no words in the world will save him.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #939 on: April 29, 2014, 03:12:37 PM »
Hardwick has dished up plenty of realism to our current plight over the past few weeks. Some just pick and choose the bits they don't like and paint it as spin. Tbh I don't care what the coach says in the press. Just get the results if not no words in the world will save him.

You are making a lot of sense lately

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #940 on: April 29, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »

Ahh Godwin...welcome back...what took you so long?

- Gustav Mahler

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #941 on: April 29, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »

Ahh Godwin...welcome back...what took you so long?

Who the stuff is Godwin?

I hate it when I don't understand the insults.

:lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #942 on: April 29, 2014, 03:41:25 PM »
Some tosser

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #943 on: April 29, 2014, 03:58:47 PM »
Some tosser

Stop trying to take credit....

- Gustav Mahler

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #944 on: April 29, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »
Dear RFC_Official,

Happily. I pass on all feedback from these forums and emails and social media to the relevant departments, but I can't elaborate any further on football related issues.

Some comments from social media and forums from fans were put in a presentation that will be shown to the players and coaches this week, so the fans are being heard.