Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399577 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #990 on: May 16, 2014, 02:37:23 PM »

The staff working in the shop mentioned that the club wont be selling them. Surely the club could sell them and donate all proceeds to Cancer research.

They would sell like hotcakes.

A fantastic idea TFL!   :clapping

Hey Stig, I heartily endorse this idea - how about running it by those that matter?

We're discussing it at the moment. Selling them was never part of the plan so will need a bit of thinking.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #991 on: May 16, 2014, 04:17:37 PM »
Hi Stig,

It's been suggested that I re-post an idea I put forward in the Alex Rance thread regarding a possible tribute to Tom Hafey

Here's what I suggested:

As proud custodian of the number 18 guernsey, think it is appropriate that Rance tosses the coin this week as an extra mark of respect to Tom Hafey.

Tom Hafey wore number 18, its significance should never be forgotten

WP

I'll put it forward.

Any news Stigmata?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Rampstar

« Reply #992 on: May 17, 2014, 09:21:32 PM »
When are you gonna start putting up the announcements on the club website of the appropriate sackings that need to take place this week.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #993 on: May 17, 2014, 10:41:48 PM »
Well I posted a thread to RFC official after the hawks loss which was left alone for a while as I didn't post in this one.
I know you are not in the hierarchy but I need to vent.
We had a good thing going, we bottomed out but were on our way back up. We had debt but were promised that if we eradicated that debt that we would get better. We needed to be debt free to compete during free agency, we needed to be debt free to source and recruit the best talent and the best support staff. The roar was back!
We put in financially and emotionally.
Now all I get is text messages, facebook posts and, worse, face to face contact telling me how pathetic we are.
Four years ago, when we were poo, I argued against it. I stuck up for the club I love. I told my kids to hang in there, we will be good. The club told me we would be. It must be true.
Now sadly, I can't defend my club anymore. We are pathetic. When my kids ask why we lost, I can no longer say that we are rebuilding, I can only say we are pathetic.
How sad is that to say about a club I love?

Rampstar

« Reply #994 on: May 18, 2014, 10:34:41 AM »
Richo this bloke is like all the rest of them down at Punt Road, he is just a paid employee that is he is paid by monies raised from supporters and sponsors to do a job. He like the rest of them down their dont give a stuff.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:49:17 PM by one-eyed »

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #995 on: May 18, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »
It isn't hard to please Richmond supporters.

If you play horrible players like Grigg, Hampson, Chaplin, Petterd, Vickery who are given matches, and lose, we will be ropable!

If you play a slow, to the boundary, no hard running style game plan, we will be ropable!

If you play young cubs and we lose, there is understanding as to why we lose.

Jackson gets matches because he fits Hardwick game plan perfectly!

Shane Edwards, over 100 matches played and still can't find consistency! He is a genuine small sneaky forward. Leave him there!

Brett Deledio, well all that can be said is that there is a CLEAR reason why Trent Cotchin is our Captain, because he is a genuine leader that even on one leg competes, creates, runs and kicks goals when we need it.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #996 on: May 19, 2014, 09:03:32 AM »
Richo this bloke is like all the rest of them down at Punt Road, he is just a paid employee that is he is paid by monies raised from supporters and sponsors to do a job. He like the rest of them down their dont give a stuff.
I don't see why on this forum only people make it personal. Anyway, you couldn't be more wrong.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #997 on: May 19, 2014, 09:09:30 AM »
Well I posted a thread to RFC official after the hawks loss which was left alone for a while as I didn't post in this one.

Vent away, it's deserved at the moment.

Rampstar

« Reply #998 on: May 19, 2014, 09:55:25 AM »
I don't see why on this forum only people make it personal. Anyway, you couldn't be more wrong.

I actually respect the fact that you came in here this morning. Well done. I have to admit I wasnt expecting to read any posts from you. That shows you have some respect for the supporters. I actually mean it when I say thats a good effort but it doesnt take away the fact that what happened on the weekend was a disgrace and yes we know its not your fault, but unfortunately your a conduit to (unfortunately) the people who are making decisions down there and its their performance that should under the microscope and I just dont mean the coach but the administration, the football department leadership, the recruiting team and the fitness guys as just a start.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #999 on: May 19, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »
Seen your the PR guy, l want you to go ask Damien Hardwick this question & return with a answer thanks.

QUESTION.  Why do the players every week kick 10 to 15 meters kicks to the next contest which most times a player is under pressure & the team is under pressure. They create their own pressure. Why does the coach allow this to happen constantly & why does he not do something to stop it. Is he coaching the club for the Richmond Football Club best interests.

It's a simple genuine question as for the life of me having coached alot of football.  l want to know why these players play the way they do & if its worth following this club come 2015. l demand to have a answer being a longtime Richmond member.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1000 on: May 19, 2014, 10:32:46 PM »
No threats, 35 year paid up loyal as you get member I can't take this much longer. Saturday in my book is the lowest this club has been in my eyes in that 35 years, so fn pizzed off.

Rampstar

« Reply #1001 on: May 20, 2014, 05:47:10 PM »
Can you create a folder or link on the club website with all the jumper presentations. I find the words that the former champions say are really terrific and a fantastic archive of RFC history etc. and it would be really good to have them all in one place.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1002 on: May 20, 2014, 07:36:18 PM »
No threats, 35 year paid up loyal as you get member I can't take this much longer. Saturday in my book is the lowest this club has been in my eyes in that 35 years, so fn pizzed off.
Last years EF was worse. Twas a nightmare.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1003 on: May 20, 2014, 07:43:54 PM »

Vent away, it's deserved at the moment.

That's where u get it wrong.

It's deserved  whenever we do.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1004 on: May 21, 2014, 09:07:29 AM »
Can you create a folder or link on the club website with all the jumper presentations. I find the words that the former champions say are really terrific and a fantastic archive of RFC history etc. and it would be really good to have them all in one place.

Like that idea, will get it going.

Done

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/roar-vision/jumper-presentations
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:59:52 AM by RFC_Official »